Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.04

Re: PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.01

I decided to give everyone a preview of the new dexEdit UI I've been working on.

There are 5 tabs. Main, Individual, Seen/Caught, Formes, and Languages.

Main Screenshot:
    Spoiler

Individual Screenshot:
    Spoiler

Seen/Caught Screenshot:
    Spoiler

Formes Screenshot:
    Spoiler

Languages Screenshot:
    Spoiler

Also, since D/P only has foreign entries for a few Pokemon, when you load a DP save the Languages tab looks like this:
    Spoiler

The white boxes in Formes and Individual are meant to be used for sprites. I still need to figure out how to work those.

Most of the functionality is done. I just need to get the Alt Forms buttons working.
    I'm a Natu.
    Spoiler

As always Jiggy great work!
    Copyright © Driven by Boredom

Learning to breathe IRC VOPDeveloperGame Save ResearcherModerator codemonkey85's Avatar

For the Formes tab, how do you determine which forme is the default viewed in the Pokédex?

And for the Seen/Caught tab, I think you should always enable Caught even if Seen is unchecked, and just automatically check Seen if Caught is checked, and uncheck Caught if Seen is unchecked. If that makes sense.

Also, great job! I love how neatly laid out everything is.

Quote Originally Posted by codemonkey85 View Post
    For the Formes tab, how do you determine which forme is the default viewed in the Pokédex?

And for the Seen/Caught tab, I think you should always enable Caught even if Seen is unchecked, and just automatically check Seen if Caught is checked, and uncheck Caught if Seen is unchecked. If that makes sense.

Also, great job! I love how neatly laid out everything is.
    The first column says "Default". Whatever's in that column is what's shown first. The "Other" column determines if the other gender has been seen. If it's the same as the default, only one form shows up in the Pokedex.

I already have my way programmed in, too much work to change it. Unless you want to do it.
    I'm a Natu.
    Spoiler

Learning to breathe IRC VOPDeveloperGame Save ResearcherModerator codemonkey85's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy-Ninja View Post
    The first column says "Default". Whatever's in that column is what's shown first. The "Other" column determines if the other gender has been seen.
    Ah, somehow I missed that completely. That seems good to me!

When SCV gets back in a few hours I'll give him the work I've done so far so he can release a new version. Everything except sprites and the alternate forms buttons is working. I'm working on the alt forms now (Unown ATM).

I lightened up the pink and blue shades in the Formes tab a bit. They just seemed slightly too strong to me.
    Spoiler

Should I add color to Seen/Caught and Languages too? White if unchecked, colored if checked. If so, what colors would be good?

For languages, using 6 colors that should be pretty easy to make, I came up with this:

Japanese = Red (Might actually look more pink)
    English = Blue
    French = Purple
    German = Yellow
    Italian = Green
    Spanish = Orange
    I'm a Natu.
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy-Ninja View Post
    Should I add color to Seen/Caught and Languages too? White if unchecked, colored if checked. If so, what colors would be good?
    I think maybe just white and a light shade of gray would be nice.

4th Gen Game Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherROM ResearcherRAM ResearcherIRC OwnerAdministrator SCV's Avatar

Re: PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.02

Updated the Windows and Linux versions to beta 0.02. PPSE now have a much better UI and unown order editing has been added. Jiggy-Ninja designed and coded all the new functionality.

P.S. Download on the main page. Downloading the QtLibs is not necessary, just the file with the binary (PPSE.exe for windows, PPSE.tar.gz for Linux)

The Unown form editor is NOT fully functional yet.
    I'm a Natu.
    Spoiler

I have figured out how to make the Unown editor work now. Once I finish all the forms UIs, I'll have SCV do another release.
    I'm a Natu.
    Spoiler

hi PPSE team, i have a few questions.

1st: i wanted to know are you lots going to add a PID/IV generator?

2nd: What IDE are you lot using?

3rd: have you the team thought about sourceforge?

4th: is they a zip which contains all the Source files, im very lazy.

all of your questions can be answered if you actually read the first post in this thread. I'm sure your lazyness can cope with a click or two more. As for the PID/IV generator I don't think they'll worry about that at the moment since there is a program that does that on its own already (Search the forums if you really want it)
    Copyright © Driven by Boredom

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno™ View Post
    hi PPSE team, i have a few questions.

1st: i wanted to know are you lots going to add a PID/IV generator?

2nd: What IDE are you lot using?

3rd: have you the team thought about sourceforge?

4th: is they a zip which contains all the Source files, im very lazy.
    1) Eventually, when SCV gets around to Pokemon editing, I imagine.

2) Qt. http://www.qtsoftware.com/products/

3) IDK

4) Get an SVN client like Tortoise SVN.
    I'm a Natu.
    Spoiler

Found a bug. The dex flags (Sinnoh, National, Forme, etc) as well as Giratina, Rotom, and Shaymin forms are not read properly for a Platinum Save. I think DP saves are read just fine.

I've fixed the problem, so the next release will be correct.

I have also completed Rotom forms. That leaves Wormadam/Burmy, Shellos/Gastrodon, Shaymin, Giratina, Deoxys.
    I'm a Natu.
    Spoiler

Since SCV isn't here to update the first post, I'll put it here for when he gets back.

0.03 release is here, and the Pokedex is fully done.

First post is updated with the new executable.

I have updated the SVN as well, for those interested.

Changelog
    Added all of the special forms dialogs into the UI. Added functionality to the sprite boxes as well, showing the proper default forms for each entry. Spinda's spots are drawn in the Individual tab according to the PID, but not drawn in the Formes tab.
    Last edited by Jiggy-Ninja; Jul 7th, 2009 at 09:28 PM.
    I'm a Natu.
    Spoiler

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast