Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.04

4th Gen Game Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherROM ResearcherRAM ResearcherIRC OwnerAdministrator SCV's Avatar

Re: PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor

Quote Originally Posted by codemonkey85 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Qt doesn't support .Net Clickonce, since it's not a .Net application.

Also, totally didn't expect to see this on the forums after about a day away from Pokémon hacking. Nice!
    Yeah, I don't know about the installer. Its possible to make one. But I expect people to be able to carry out basic computer tasks. Sure, if later we need more that about 10 files, it might be reasonable to have an installer.

Also, I thought we might as well release what's done. Also people can help us check if its actually done, of if we made an error. Then in the mean time we can work on something else.

PMD Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherEvent ContributorModeratorSuper Moderator evandixon's Avatar
    An Aperture Science lab near Treasure Town
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCV View Post
    Yeah, I don't know about the installer. Its possible to make one. But I expect people to be able to carry out basic computer tasks. Sure, if later we need more that about 10 files, it might be reasonable to have an installer.

Also, I thought we might as well release what's done. Also people can help us check if its actually done, of if we made an error. Then in the mean time we can work on something else.
    Better yet, could you at least make the resorce files internal?

4th Gen Game Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherROM ResearcherRAM ResearcherIRC OwnerAdministrator SCV's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evandixon View Post
    Better yet, could you at least make the resorce files internal?
    Resource files are already internal. But the Qt Libs are not. Right now two icons and one text file with pokemon names are used as resources and included in the exe. We'll probably add all icons and sprites and they will be included in the exe.

We don't expect to need too many libs. Probably not any more than we have now.

Re: PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor (Current revision 69)

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
    How can I change it? I generally load the .sav file and then click on the "Pokčdex" button, but unfortunately it doesn't work. Can you help me?
    right click the PPSE.exe .. choose 'properties'
    try to search for compatibility option and tick that one ..
    make sure that it is set to "windows XP" , otherwise it won't work
    and click apply .. and click OK
    .. and run the program ^^
    Diamond FC : 1634 0973 3127

Quote Originally Posted by xeomyr View Post
    right click the PPSE.exe .. choose 'properties'
    try to search for compatibility option and tick that one ..
    make sure that it is set to "windows XP" , otherwise it won't work
    and click apply .. and click OK
    .. and run the program ^^
    Tried to but it's still not for working for me unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Utopia View Post
    Tried to but it's still not for working for me unfortunately
    Did you re-download? The first version had an error in the windows version.

Did you re-download? The first version had an error in the windows version.
    Now it perfectly works. Great job guys!

If i add some pokedex entries to my pokemon platinum save file with this program and then transfer this file to my retail original cartridge of pokemon platinum via NDS ADAPTOR (http://www.hkems.com/product/nintendo/NDS%20Adaptor.htm) it will leave trace or i can go to a tournament?

This program edits the Pokedex the same way the game would so it doesn't leave a trace.
    Copyright © Driven by Boredom

Quote Originally Posted by enix08 View Post
    If i add some pokedex entries to my pokemon platinum save file with this program and then transfer this file to my retail original cartridge of pokemon platinum via NDS ADAPTOR (http://www.hkems.com/product/nintendo/NDS%20Adaptor.htm) it will leave trace or i can go to a tournament?
    It only changes the dex entries and some other things that need to be changed, like checksums and save numbers. Every change is consistent with how the game does it, so there should be no problems.
    I'm a Natu.
    Spoiler

Thanks a lot because i know that dsPokeEsdit leave traces, i´m glad this program not, congrats SCV and thanks guys for the fast answer

As the disclaimer in the program says, we cannot guarantee that there will not be any traces. While we do things to the best of our knowledge there might be things which we miss and nintendo can catch. Maybe its nothing, but we can't make any guarantees about it. What we do guarantee is that we do not leave any traces intentionally.

Learning to breathe IRC VOPDeveloperGame Save ResearcherModerator codemonkey85's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy-Ninja View Post
    It only changes the dex entries and some other things that need to be changed, like checksums and save numbers. Every change is consistent with how the game does it, so there should be no problems.
    While we do things to the best of our knowledge there might be things which we miss and nintendo can catch. Maybe its nothing, but we can't make any guarantees about it.
    The thing everyone needs to keep in mind, is the fact that we don't have a 100% map of the save files yet. So there are probably some things that change that we can't account for. However, as Jiggy said, everything that is changed is done so in the same manner as the game itself. So we're already way ahead of Pokesav (and probably DSPokeEdit) on that one, since they didn't seem to bother with those little details.

Re: PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.01

Hey , first of all, Thanks for this programm^^ I needed this very much, because I transferred ALL my Pokémon from Diamond to Platinum, because I did not want to catch them all a second time. But then I realized, that my Pokédex was empty XD
    So, thanky for the Programm, but I ask to add something, I think it should be possible...
    I have to mark every single pokémon Ive caught, these are over 200. So it would be nice if i could simply klick ''seen'' and ''caught'', then the down arrow on the keyboard, the seen, caught... and so on. But the problem is, that after seen and caught comes the alphabetical list, Id prefer the Numerical one. So, please, could you simply arrange this?

Thanky in advance, Reygok

Re: PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.01

i've already answered your question here

hope it will work well
    Diamond FC : 1634 0973 3127

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast