Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XY Event - Pokemon Bank Celebi Present

Re: XY Event - Pokemon Bank Celebi Present

Quote Originally Posted by Kaphotics View Post
    They'd never delete an account's data if their trial ends, or if their subscription expires. It's best to keep the data in case the user comes back!
    The official FAQ does state that the Pokemon within Bank will be deleted after a certain amount of time if you fail to keep your account up to date with subscription payments. Granted that would be hard to do since it is $5 for a whole year, thus you only need to worry about it lapsing once every 12 months, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Caboose View Post
    The official FAQ does state that the Pokemon within Bank will be deleted after a certain amount of time if you fail to keep your account up to date with subscription payments. Granted that would be hard to do since it is $5 for a whole year, thus you only need to worry about it lapsing once every 12 months, but still...
    Yeah I was pretty surprised by that news. I mean, I guess it makes sense if you want to reduce the memory you're dedicating and maintaining... or does it? (I have no idea how servers work.) Plus, 12 months is a lot of time to renew. Even if you were in a shanty on Tonga for 364 days, you could still get it done.

Eventsly Staffington Event StaffTranslation ContributorIRC AOPSite ContributorImage ContributorEvent ContributorSuper Moderator Guested's Avatar

There is a grace period, but the account will be closed/deleted if not renewed within a certain (as of yet unspecified) amount of time after expiration.

However this only matters towards Celebi if it is left in the Bank. You get the Celebi at the start of use of Bank. And then once you get it on your XY game, it's there forever. The site said you can get Celebi during the trial period.

Project Pokémon Event Gallery
    All the latest Pokémon Event news: Event News Forum
    Pokémon Event Schedule and Contributions: Contribution Thread
    PokeGen - Pokesav replacement

"Now that I've had my coffee..."

Nice. The event runs for just over 8 months, so it gives people plenty of time to get it.

The people that may struggle with obtaining the Celebi is those that get the game after January 30th and aren't willing to or can't pay the fee to purchase Pokémon Bank. Thinking along those lines, people that do get either X or Y after the trial is available will practically have to pay for Celebi (although, of course, at the same time they're getting a very nice application).

It's obvious that the free Celebi is a clever way to promote the selling of Pokémon Bank in the scenario above (people that purchase X/Y after the trial is available).

Feel free to use this signature I made.

The trial Pass. If you don't use it does it mean we can still get it even though the pass expires before the event expires? To make things clear. Say we don't use the pass or did not have a chance to if we were out of town or busy would we be able to get the event if the pass was not used or do we have to actually buy the service to get the event? As long as we accessed it before the event runs out?

Eventsly Staffington Event StaffTranslation ContributorIRC AOPSite ContributorImage ContributorEvent ContributorSuper Moderator Guested's Avatar

There is no pass for the trial. There is just a trial time period.
    You get Celebi for using Bank during the Celebi event timeframe, regardless of if it is during the trial or not.

According to the PGL it says the application comes with a pass to use the 30 day trial period. As long as you activate the pass before January 31st 2014 the you can use that 30days to use Bank/Transporter. On the PGL it says it is a 30 day trial pass. That is what the site calls it XD. Just Saying.

Quote Originally Posted by XXASHXX View Post
    According to the PGL it says the application comes with a pass to use the 30 day trial period. As long as you activate the pass before January 31st 2014 the you can use that 30days to use Bank/Transporter. On the PGL it says it is a 30 day trial pass. That is what the site calls it XD. Just Saying.
    That's a weird way to do it.
    Anyway, this doesn't have anything to do with Celebi. You can get it whenever, during the event timeframe.

Yeah check out the site and read the Poke Bank information XD. Thanks for all the help man.

Just got mine. Careful nature (bleh), with three 31 IVs (HP, Def, Sp. Def) like the other legendaries. Hold back is a physical move with 40 power.

Quote Originally Posted by Preparefortrouble View Post
    wait...you cant soft reset? D:
    Correct. It's already in the boxes after downloading Pokemon Bank.

It actually goes directly to your in-game PC Box (first empty slot). It never appears on your Pokemon Bank account. I think that's what you were saying BlackShark; just wanted to clarify.

No offense but Celebi is just so crap and is just a pokemon for show and pokedex

Wait I thought the Celebi went into your Box 1 in Bank. That was what I read on the PGL. So if it is your regular PC box then how do we know where and when we get the Celebi? If it is on the bank boxes how do we transfer it to X/Y or is it like the notched eared Pichu where it cannot be transferred at all? Very confusing XD.

So, the way it works is, after you've downloaded PB and activated your account, you turn on X/Y and select "Memory Link" from the main menu. You will then be told you have a present, which is then sent to PB. Exit X/Y and load PB again. You will be told that the present is a Celebi (or whatever future Pokemon/item it may be). Exit PB and start X/Y again, and go to "Memory Link" once more. You will be told that the Celebi has been transferred from PB to your in-game PC. Load your file and it will be in the first available slot in your boxes.

It's kind of a ridiculous process if you ask me, but there it is. I suppose technically it is in your PB box at some point in that process, but you can never actually observe it there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast