Vivillon Patterns

wraith89

Which Vivillon pattern does your region have?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which Vivillon pattern does your region have?

• Meadow
    • Polar
    • Tundra
    • Continental
    • Garden
    • Elegant
    • icysnow
    • Modern
    • Marine
    • Archipelago
    • High Plains
    • Sandstorm
    • River
    • Monsoon
    • Savanna
    • Sun
    • Ocean
    • Jungle

There seems to be many different patterns for Vivillon, depending on where you live (I believe temperate zones) and many have been discovered. However, I still think it would be interesting if we could put up the region we live in like the general area (US residents include state, Canada residents include provinces, etc) and what form of Vivillon we can obtain in our games.

Scatterbug evolves into Spewpa at Level 9, which evolves into Vivillon at Level 12.

For me, I live in South Korea in the lower southern area, and I have 대륙의 모양, and I don't know what the exact English term is in the English version of the games, but it means Continental Form. I believe this Pokemon will become one of the most demanded Pokemon in the GTS... second to Level 9 Zekroms of course (may be Yvetals now).

YnWdvSE.jpg

I will update this post with any of your discoveries here and the name of each form, I suppose.

Discoveries

666-c.png

Continental:

South Korea, Norway

666-p.png

Polar:

Canada (East), U.S. (East, N.Y.)

666-mo.png

Modern:

Mid U.S., Bulgaria

666-ma.png

Marine:

Italy

666-i.png

Icysnow:

Finland

666-g.png

Garden:

United Kingdom

666-r.png

River:

Australia

666-h.png

High Plains:

U.S. (Montana)

666-j.png

Jungle:

Singapore

Images from Serebii.net.

It seems like the bulk of it was discovered by others already, as suggested by this picture, but this thread remains for all our individuals here to share their forms.

H4tT8oY.png

Edited by wraith89

Here are my three versions. One I caught in Pokemon Y, the other two I got in Pokemon X. Both my copies are UK version. I live in Scotland.

ip44.jpg

Elegant Patten. Caught in Pokemon X. This is my favourite one.

un5b.jpg

Meadow Pattern. Caught in Pokemon X

4p65.jpg

Garden Pattern. Caught In Pokemon Y

Edited by evandixon
added spoiler tags

Go ahead Evan, if I'm too lazy to implement it myself (which just means I am).

Looks like I will have to update the original post. It looks like I have a lot to do here.

@codem8kr: How exactly do you have three different versions? It's quite confusing to me right now so please do explain.

I've voted (I'm the Singapore Brat_.

I'm curious to one point:

If we breed a Vivillon from another region, will the hatched scatterbug follow the mother or follow the OT's region?

(I've managed to get Polar, Continental, Elegant, Modern, Savanna and Sun pattern off GTS)

• 2 weeks later...

Well turns out that the Vivillon images I posted where traded. The only one that I actually owned was the Garden Pattern since my game is from UK.

I had many Scatterbugs in my PC, all obtained from Wondertrade, so I just grabbed them and started training until they evolved.

So, UK gets Garden Pattern.

I'm from South America, specifically from Colombia, and i got Jungle Pattern. I've managed to get the ocean, savanna, river, high plains, marine, modern, meadow, elegant, garden, continental, tundra and polar pattern and i'll love the sandstorm one it just looks so cool, so if someone want to trade please send my an inbox with FC, i'll give you mine, thanks.

Edited by nucibeco

I've voted (I'm the Singapore Brat_.

I'm curious to one point:

If we breed a Vivillon from another region, will the hatched scatterbug follow the mother or follow the OT's region?

(I've managed to get Polar, Continental, Elegant, Modern, Savanna and Sun pattern off GTS)

Nope, it's going to follow the configured region, i did it, i have jungle pattern set, so once i got High Plains pattern i bred it with Ditto and scatterbug (as spewpa) evolved into a jungle vivillon, so it's a shame.

Also changing the set country and/or region on the 3DS, doesn't work either.

• 2 weeks later...

I accidentally voted for my favorite pattern which is definitely not the colors that my area has. I think white Vivillon is the coolest but High Plains is just my favorite, easily. It has striking shades of brown and green/yellow stripes make it look like Rasta, also it's called High Planes which is rather fitting.

Hey all!

I was breeding for Scatterbugs and trading them with users who can hatch it as Shiny for me on another site.

When the Scatterbugs came back and evolved to Spewpa then Vivillon,

it maintained as Jungle Pattern.

Which means what matters is egg geographical location, not hatching geographical location.

Just drawing a conclusion and leaving the "confirmed information" here! :)