Pokémon X / Y Mystery Gift Update

Guested

The official site has uploaded a webpage detailing how to get Mystery Gifts on X and Y.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/support-sp/uketori.html

It seems nearly identical to Gen V apart from an obvious graphical difference. Gen VI will have the events set up as Mystery Gifts with Cards and an Album, etc. And they will be picked up from a delivery GIRL in the Pokemon Centers.

The major difference being that it also shows the menu where you choose how to search for a gift. In addition to the usual Local Wireless, Internet, and IR choices... they've added Serial Codes.

It seems events such as Gen V's Dream World serial code events will now be available direct to your game via Mystery Gift (most likely replacing any kind of PGL pokemon gifts entirely).

Neat.

Also, don't forget about this: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT Regarding Events for Gen VI, X and Y

Edit: Found a link to a FAQ. Card Album holds 24 Cards.

Another interesting tidbit: Japanese games, regardless of game language selection, can download Japanese Mystery Gifts from the internet. North American games, regardless of game language selection, CANNOT download Japanese Mystery Gifts from the internet.

It does not mention local events or serial code events. It only specifically mentions internet events.

Second edit: You may have noticed that Serebii has now reported on this. I'd just like to point out that I'M the one who brought this information to his attention :D

Well, they didn't mention European events...

If they still have the distro text that describes the event (on the bottom screen), I'd assume they'd still want it to be language appropriate.

So... the could restrict an EU console w/ EU game to the EU event servers... but what would they do about language? There is only one console/game region for Europe. Perhaps it restricts by console/game region, then gives you a WC based on language selection? Just a theory. Although it will most likely only have the five EU languages available... so... no luck if you want Japanese. But you should still try with the other EU languages since we still have no confirmation on that.

While they haven't confirmed anything for how local events will work, it's likely that they'll restrict those by appropriate region as well.

We already know that 3DS has region locking in place for local wireless multiplayer (I've only encountered one game that wasn't locked, and it wasn't first-party).

I don't know why this is in place as most games play online with each other worldwide. I also don't know why they'd restrict local events intentionally.

But we at least know it's possible, based on 3DS communication capabilities.... and it's probably likely since they are restricting the internet ones....

Hopefully they update the FAQ with info on this when they update the step-by-step details for local wireless, IR, and Serial events.

Animal Crossing's local multiplayer is not region locked as well and that's a first party game.

Even StreetPass works across regions for that game.

Speaking of events there is a Garchomp coming up soon. Not sure if we will get this event here in the U.S. but It is supposed to be coming out in Japan holding a Dragon Fang. Moveset will be Draco Meteor Crunch Dragon Claw and Dig. This is a Japanese Coro Coro event and it will be a Serial Code coming out soon for this event. I have not seen a level for this event but it is also said that they will reveal where to get the Mega stone for this event but you guys may want to add this to your records if you have not seen it yet. If you have just leave this here for everyone to see.:)

EDIT: I just saw you guys posted the event but thought I should mention it here in case someone runs acroos this thread before the come across the other one.:)

Does Mystery Gift attempt to connect to the internet when you redeem a serial code for a Wondercard?

(I would assume so, but it's worth asking.)