Pokémon Type Wild!

Varna

A lot of you are probably thinking, "Type Wild? What is that?". Well, to answer your question, I'm not talking about the song from the anime... I'm talking about a fan-made 2d fighter set in the Pokémon universe.

Why did some of you just cringe? Oh, I said "fan-made". Right. Well, to ease your concerns, this was made by one of the animators/clean-up artists of the Pokémon anime. This thing has quality.

Still not convinced?

http://www.pokesho.com/battle

You won't find the download link on there - for some reason, she takes the self-extracting exe down after a short period of time. You can probably find it by google'ing around enough, though.

Beta 4.3 was released a little while ago, and since then I've been playing off and on. The graphics are downright beautiful, and it's extremely detailed right down to the backgrounds. It's still somewhat small of a game, but it's quite the amusing distraction. Take a look sometime.

For those of you that have played (or will play) this game, does anyone else have a hard time playing as Gengar, or am I just inept at technical characters? It feels like his counter-attack is slightly too hard to pull off, and I end up just messing myself up whenever I try.

Edited by Varna

• 1 month later...

Heh...yeah, I love Type Wild. xD It may not have a lot to it, but I find it kind of addicting.

Heh...I utterly pwn with Lucario on version 3.2. But I seriouly want 4.3. It looks so much better. But when I try to extract it, it doesn't work. So yeah, I defeinitely need help with that. ^^

You'll soon be PM'd

• 1 month later...

I've been looking everywhere for 4.3. The latest version I have is 3.0 and by the looks of it, it has been updated tremendously.

Is anyone here interested in setting up some matches online with this game? There's a program called Lunaport now that was originally built to play

online but can be used with any FighterMaker 2K game, including Type Wild.

Holy Chocolate Muffins!!!

I already posted here? And i saw a video of this in Youtube weeks ago, and thought the game looks awesome, especially the design of each Pokemon.

Also I've been attempting to download the game, but I'm unable to read Japanese, so I'm not so sure what to click.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...