Thread: Pokémon Type Wild!

Pokémon Type Wild!

A lot of you are probably thinking, "Type Wild? What is that?". Well, to answer your question, I'm not talking about the song from the anime... I'm talking about a fan-made 2d fighter set in the Pokémon universe.

Why did some of you just cringe? Oh, I said "fan-made". Right. Well, to ease your concerns, this was made by one of the animators/clean-up artists of the Pokémon anime. This thing has quality.

Still not convinced?

http://www.pokesho.com/battle

You won't find the download link on there - for some reason, she takes the self-extracting exe down after a short period of time. You can probably find it by google'ing around enough, though.

Beta 4.3 was released a little while ago, and since then I've been playing off and on. The graphics are downright beautiful, and it's extremely detailed right down to the backgrounds. It's still somewhat small of a game, but it's quite the amusing distraction. Take a look sometime.

For those of you that have played (or will play) this game, does anyone else have a hard time playing as Gengar, or am I just inept at technical characters? It feels like his counter-attack is slightly too hard to pull off, and I end up just messing myself up whenever I try.
    Last edited by Varna; Mar 25th, 2010 at 10:49 PM.
    Hopelessly drifting,
    Bathing in beautiful agony
    I am endlessly falling,
    Lost in this wonderful misery

Procrastination... It's.. HottSushiz's Avatar

Re: Pokémon Type Wild!

Uh i stopped reading once i read "fan-made" and just clicked on the link.

Erm i can't read Japanese.

Heh...yeah, I love Type Wild. xD It may not have a lot to it, but I find it kind of addicting.

Heh...I utterly pwn with Lucario on version 3.2. But I seriouly want 4.3. It looks so much better. But when I try to extract it, it doesn't work. So yeah, I defeinitely need help with that. ^^

You'll soon be PM'd

I've been looking everywhere for 4.3. The latest version I have is 3.0 and by the looks of it, it has been updated tremendously.

Is anyone here interested in setting up some matches online with this game? There's a program called Lunaport now that was originally built to play Vanguard Princess online but can be used with any FighterMaker 2K game, including Type Wild.

Procrastination... It's.. HottSushiz's Avatar

Holy Chocolate Muffins!!!

I already posted here? And i saw a video of this in Youtube weeks ago, and thought the game looks awesome, especially the design of each Pokemon.

Also I've been attempting to download the game, but I'm unable to read Japanese, so I'm not so sure what to click.

The download link isn't up on the official site. It's been down for a long time now.
    Last edited by Varna; Mar 25th, 2010 at 10:48 PM.
    Hopelessly drifting,
    Bathing in beautiful agony
    I am endlessly falling,
    Lost in this wonderful misery

Emperor of the clone army Wiki ContributorFormer StaffEvent Contributor Mewtwo Ex's Avatar

This looks interesting. I wounder how Machamp would do against others...

''Mewtwo Ex banned GOD!''

Shinies
    Spoiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdIKQGq3lCQ

Enterbrain... the same guys who made RPG Maker XP did this? Figures...
    Project Pokemon is:
    Spoiler

-----Fellowship----
    Gin: Yo

-----Laughter-----
    CuleX: TEE HEE

-----Fame---------
    Shining Mew2: Just put me on your sig >_<

-----Love----------
    0660: I love you.

-----Anger---------
    Mewtwo EX: DIE FAT AMERICAN!
    Mewtwo EX: DIE!!!!
    Mewtwo EX: Too much chicken?

-----Pee Pee--------
    Guested: ha ha
    Guested: pee pee

-----Evil Villains--------
    damio: I knew I was evil too

-----Friends----------
    Greencat: So like, I was in the neighborhood and wanted to say hi. So.. um... HI!

-----Excitement----------
    ParaDoX65: Yup, It's sure going to be exciting.

-----He's not done--------
    pokemonfan: I'm not done blabbering....

-----Requests----------
    UnderXRay: will be ready in a few minutes, i will pm you on when to come to the club.

-----Jokes------------
    Ziz: Drunk lol. Only kidding.

------Reward------------
    FLOOTENKERP: ZOMG Wraith, I finally was awarded for my hard work! Wraith, I got the event contrib badge!

------Good Lucks----------
    Phreen: Oh, so its your first year in college, well best of luck to you, hope you find what you want.

-----Denial----------
    Renegadeshroom: I refuse to accept that you have green hair!

----Because He Asked For It
    COBHC: You think you are old enough to quit on pkm? Well I think you sucked enough at it

----Russians--------
    SilentFox: Спасибо большое

-----Hygiene Problems--------
    Fallen: You haven't showered in two days!?! That's gross. MetaGROSS should be your favorite Pokémon..

-----Conspiracy----
    Randomspot555: Smogon isn't "attacking your creativity." They don't have elite squads of ninjas kidnapping you and forcing you to use Scizor.

------Owned by SCV------
    SCV: what you eat live rattatas?

-----Philosophy----
    Tbird: If a naked man trolls some animals in the woods and no one is there to witness it, did a naked man troll animals in the woods?

-----Fart...-----
    Wraith89: Fart

----------------------
    Together... we make Project Pokemon. Never forget all the good times we have had everyone!
    (If I forgot someone or if anyone wants a quote change, please let me know!)

Important Links
    PP Rules / FAQ / Inquiries / NO CHEATING / BBTags Guide / Anonymous BBS
    Guides I Have Written
    Competitive Battling Basics / Pokemon Black and White In-Game Movesets / Pokemon Black and White In-Game Battles / Gen IV Ability ID
    My Competitive Teams
    Divine Rights (Gen V) / Prometheus (Gen V) / Gloria in Excelsis (Gen IV) / Samson Agonistes (Gen IV) / Team Megaman (Gen IV) / The Misfits (Gen V)

so it is pretty much mortal kombat with pokemon............. THAT IS AWESOME!
    "WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT HIS COMPANY IS WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT SOCIETY."
    Spoiler

Well, somewhat. The graphics do not look so bad and I would really love to assume the role of Gardevoir or Gengar

Too bad the download link does not work. Perhaps I will PM Varna one time if I'm bored.
    Project Pokemon is:
    Spoiler

-----Fellowship----
    Gin: Yo

-----Laughter-----
    CuleX: TEE HEE

-----Fame---------
    Shining Mew2: Just put me on your sig >_<

-----Love----------
    0660: I love you.

-----Anger---------
    Mewtwo EX: DIE FAT AMERICAN!
    Mewtwo EX: DIE!!!!
    Mewtwo EX: Too much chicken?

-----Pee Pee--------
    Guested: ha ha
    Guested: pee pee

-----Evil Villains--------
    damio: I knew I was evil too

-----Friends----------
    Greencat: So like, I was in the neighborhood and wanted to say hi. So.. um... HI!

-----Excitement----------
    ParaDoX65: Yup, It's sure going to be exciting.

-----He's not done--------
    pokemonfan: I'm not done blabbering....

-----Requests----------
    UnderXRay: will be ready in a few minutes, i will pm you on when to come to the club.

-----Jokes------------
    Ziz: Drunk lol. Only kidding.

------Reward------------
    FLOOTENKERP: ZOMG Wraith, I finally was awarded for my hard work! Wraith, I got the event contrib badge!

------Good Lucks----------
    Phreen: Oh, so its your first year in college, well best of luck to you, hope you find what you want.

-----Denial----------
    Renegadeshroom: I refuse to accept that you have green hair!

----Because He Asked For It
    COBHC: You think you are old enough to quit on pkm? Well I think you sucked enough at it

----Russians--------
    SilentFox: Спасибо большое

-----Hygiene Problems--------
    Fallen: You haven't showered in two days!?! That's gross. MetaGROSS should be your favorite Pokémon..

-----Conspiracy----
    Randomspot555: Smogon isn't "attacking your creativity." They don't have elite squads of ninjas kidnapping you and forcing you to use Scizor.

------Owned by SCV------
    SCV: what you eat live rattatas?

-----Philosophy----
    Tbird: If a naked man trolls some animals in the woods and no one is there to witness it, did a naked man troll animals in the woods?

-----Fart...-----
    Wraith89: Fart

----------------------
    Together... we make Project Pokemon. Never forget all the good times we have had everyone!
    (If I forgot someone or if anyone wants a quote change, please let me know!)

Important Links
    PP Rules / FAQ / Inquiries / NO CHEATING / BBTags Guide / Anonymous BBS
    Guides I Have Written
    Competitive Battling Basics / Pokemon Black and White In-Game Movesets / Pokemon Black and White In-Game Battles / Gen IV Ability ID
    My Competitive Teams
    Divine Rights (Gen V) / Prometheus (Gen V) / Gloria in Excelsis (Gen IV) / Samson Agonistes (Gen IV) / Team Megaman (Gen IV) / The Misfits (Gen V)

i pmed varna for the newest type wild but he hasnt respon ded so if anyone else can get me the link or the game itself that wud be great. pm me if u can

I just got ver. 3.2, X3 I love it! I want the latest ver tho.

They really need to make an english patch for this. It looks so awesome!