Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

Re: PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

thanks guy, tools is very cool. but i have a question, can u help me? in the game pkm, we used to play game turn-based strategy, but we can play a batlle of pokemon which same as a fighting game, a pkm can have the advantages from terrain ( a rock-pkm can easy play in the moutain, a grass pkm can more healthy when battle is in the rain,.. exemple), and two pkms have two actions in the same time? So, the game pkm is very big ( 1 GB, 2 Gb,..) ? what do u think about my question?

Thanks for read may question!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peterpans01 View Post
    thanks guy, tools is very cool. but i have a question, can u help me? in the game pkm, we used to play game turn-based strategy, but we can play a batlle of pokemon which same as a fighting game, a pkm can have the advantages from terrain ( a rock-pkm can easy play in the moutain, a grass pkm can more healthy when battle is in the rain,.. exemple), and two pkms have two actions in the same time? So, the game pkm is very big ( 1 GB, 2 Gb,..) ? what do u think about my question?

Thanks for read may question!!!
    There is no way you're ever going to be able to do that by editing a pokemon game. To make a game like that, you'd have to program it from scratch. Not saying it would be impossible, as I know other people have done very similar things, but you won't be able to do it by using this.

Thank u!! i think it is difficult to do. in the future, i hope that we can do it. with pkm fire red,can u remake in type .nds ? it is a interesting story but its graphical is very bad. of course, if u have the link, tell me, plz. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpans01 View Post
    Thank u!! i think it is difficult to do. in the future, i hope that we can do it. with pkm fire red,can u remake in type .nds ? it is a interesting story but its graphical is very bad. of course, if u have the link, tell me, plz. thanks again.
    If a Map Editor for the fourth generation games is released, then it should be quite possible to edit a nds game to mimic Fire Red. The issue, of course, is that no one has managed to make a map editor yet, though many people are trying their hardest.

My game freezes after I try to leave the Goldenrod City Gym. I beat Whitney but that game freezes as I try to leave to trigger the girl that tells me that she cries after a loss. I can't use the gibberish and wild Pokemon trick because there are no wild Pokemon in Goldenrod. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Meer View Post
    My game freezes after I try to leave the Goldenrod City Gym. I beat Whitney but that game freezes as I try to leave to trigger the girl that tells me that she cries after a loss. I can't use the gibberish and wild Pokemon trick because there are no wild Pokemon in Goldenrod. Any help?
    Are you using NO$GBA? If so, I encountered that issue a few times on Platinum. The only way I've found to bypass it is to rename the save file so it's a save file for the non-hacked game (be sure to back it up!) and then move through that area or cutscene in the non-hacked one before saving and changing the save file back to the hacked game.

Will you make program like this for Pokemon Black/White?

Hello. I love this tool already but I am currently struggling on something. I am editing Heart Gold and would like to now how to edit the level, move-set etc. of the red gyarados and other pokemon that can be found as overworld sprites (if this is even possible of course). I hope someone can help me with that.

Thanks, Michael.

Hi,

After I have edited my HGSS rom, I find that it crashes and freezes after I edit the Wild Pokemon encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Siam View Post
    Hi,

After I have edited my HGSS rom, I find that it crashes and freezes after I edit the Wild Pokemon encounters.
    You might want to check out this post: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sho...l=1#post107572

Quote Originally Posted by RyouChan View Post
    It's due to PPRE interpreting the script wrong and then saving it wrong when you press save. You can avoid it by opening the scripts for that route, typing some gibberish in them, making the wild edits you want, and then saving. The script will not save if it's in an invalid format, so the events on the route will remain intact, and the edits to wilds WILL save.
    thank you

But How do I open the scripts?

pleasse help me, my ppre won't let me save scripts.
    what do i need to do.
    it work fine but since 1 week it doesnt work.

Has anyone ever experienced a bug/glitch when testing their hack that a pokemon may learn a few more moves or "nothing" at a particular level?
    I was testing my platinum hack earlier today and have Furret learn Dizzy punch at level 15 upon evolution, but somehow it also was trying to learn Grasswhistle and Fire Fang although I didn't give it those moves in ppre.
    The other scenario was when I have Spinarak learn Pin Missile at Lv. 22, he evolves to Ariados and is then learns Mega Drain. At level 23, it is possible for it to learn Pin Missile again, but instead it just said it was trying to learn " " instead of skipping the move since it knew the move already.

Is it possible that it's because the pokemon's movelist is maxed out? I didn't remove/replace many attacks for a few pokemon including Furret/Ariados which caused them to have their movepool maxed with 22 moves.

Indeed, for some reason giving a Pokémon 20+ moves in PPRE (well, 20 since that's where it maxes out the boxes) causes it to mess up badly. If you edit level-up moves by hex then you can extend that limit, but unfortunately editing the file even once with PPRE makes it impossible to reinsert stuff with crystaltile2 iirc...

Kind of buggy, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by Drayano View Post
    Indeed, for some reason giving a Pokémon 20+ moves in PPRE (well, 20 since that's where it maxes out the boxes) causes it to mess up badly. If you edit level-up moves by hex then you can extend that limit, but unfortunately editing the file even once with PPRE makes it impossible to reinsert stuff with crystaltile2 iirc...

Kind of buggy, y'know?
    Ack! So I have to replace the movepool narc for the platinum hack now? Or is it safe for me to go back and edit all other mons moves so they only reach up to 19?

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142 LastLast