NDS Save File Converter [v2.5: Updated 7/24/2011]

evandixon

A special bonus to all members of Project Pokemon: You all get a small preview of the NDS Save File Converter v2.5, that can convert between the following formats:

•Action Replay DSi

•Action Replay DS MAX

•Action Replay Media Edition

•Acekard 2

•Acekard RPG

•AKAIO

•EZ Flash V

•RAW Format

•CycloDS

•EGDE

•M3 Simply

•NinjaDS

•R4

•Supercard CF

•Supercard DSONE

•Supercard SD

•Top Toy DS

•M3 DS Real

•G6 DS Real

•DeSmuMe

Minimum System Requirements:

-.Net Framwork 2.0

-Windows (Vista or 7 prefered, XP may or may not work)

Screenshot(s):

NDS Save Converter 2.5 Screenshot.png

Credits:

-evandixon, for making this tool

-Matt140 for making the ARDSi/Media Edition convertion code, without which, I could not have the kind of ARDS MAX support I have now

-Shuny at http://www.shunyweb.info/ for having the original save converter that inspired me to make this tool

Official Site and Download

Changelog:

v2.5

-Added simple batch conversion (advanced options possibly comming soon)

-Added plugin function, so 3rd party developers can add their own save file formats

-Lots of internal changes

v2.1 Beta: -Remembers Open/Save dialog locations separately (unfortunately, only for the current session)

-Improved stability of reading game names of multi-save save files (ex Mario.1.sav, Other Game Name.7.sav)

v2.0 Beta: Rewrote program to be more efficient, and hopefully faster; added new look; added new supported features for save formats: save formats are no longer limited to one or all sizes, a range is now supported. Example: the M3i Zero use a RAW 512KB save file, but some games need a 1MB save file. If you find any errors in suppoted save formats, please report them to admin@uniquegeeks.net. GBA Save conversion comming soon, If you wish to speed the process of GBA Conversion, email your GBA Save files to admin@unquegeeks.net

v1.9: Added beta Action Replay DS MAX file support, and ability to save game names if there is an NDS ROM with the same filename as the save, and ability to send me the game names to go in a future database

v1.8 Delta: Fixed a small bug

v1.8 Gamma: Because I forgot to add a crucial file in the beta, and because I have been slightly modifing it, here is a new version.

v1.8 Beta: Because of so many problems in 1.8 Alpha that are fixed in the Beta, the feature described in Alpha's changelog is being postponed.

v1.8 Alpha: Allowed size change of any format (very helpful for Action Replay saves); Started Working on a system to automatically load the Game name if a rom with the same name exists in the same directory. This feature will be visible during the Beta version.

v1.7: Added RAW 1MB support

v1.6.1: Fixed crashing when converting from ARDS ME/ARDSi format

v1.6: Major Updates -Removed Plugin system, can no longer create custom plugins to extend functionability, but now works faster. Data folder no longer needed.

-Fixed bug showing conversion complete message twice

-Added beta auto-detect size, as well as 128KB RAW size.

-Added extended support for Action Replay DSi/ME, being able to enter game info (Credit to Matt140 for writing the conversion tool, to evandixon only for packaging it within this program)

V1.5.2: Raw Save to DeSmuME conversion works now.

V1.5.1: Fixed bug in G6 DS Real / M3 DS Real (*.0) support

V1.5: Fixed potentially fatal error, packaged with support for G6 DS Real / M3 DS Real (*.0)

V1.4: Modified program to add save file formats from the list files, AND search the relative dorectory for them. I also packaged support for DeSmuME *.dsv files. Credit to Inferno™ for providing Save File

V1.3 - Many new fixes: Now Easier for others to add on to, it now converts all saves to raw, THEN to the format specified by the user.

It also has separate files containing a list of formats, so I can now control the display order on the form. I also packaged the newest version of the ARDSMEDUC-SAV program.

V1.1 - Only updated bug in program that allows repeated Save Formats

----------------------

Download Mirror 1

Another Mirror is attached

Offline NDS Save &#6.zip

Offline NDS Save .zip

Edited by evandixon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanted know if you planning to add no$gba, because if you are the only thing no$gba does to the .sav files is add 76 characters beginning of the file which is useless.

i also think that your program should make a backup of the save files just in case, because people can start bitching once they files mess up.

i wanted know if you planning to add no$gba, because if you are the only thing no$gba does to the .sav files is add 76 characters beginning of the file which is useless.

i also think that your program should make a backup of the save files just in case, because people can start bitching once they files mess up.

Thank you for requesting that, I now plan on adding that. Currently, I am trying to simplify the conversion procedure, and also provide R4 support.

What I would like people to do is request support for different save file types, so I know they are needed.

For all I know, no one has an M3 *.0 save file.

For all I know, no one has an M3 *.0 save file.

If you want to add it, all you need to do is rename the *.sav file as *.0 ;) It is the same as a 512kB Raw save file, just a different extension.

i dont know why but the new DeSmuME has a new save format, ive never understood why people like making things hard for one another. for this the last 122 characters is useless and the extension is .dsv.

If you can, upload a save file from that emulator, so I can research it, and get specs for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

hello..

I'm new here, I found this forum through google.

I'm currently facing the same problems but from a different angle.

You see, I started playing Ragnarok DS on the original NDSi player.

Then as I start to have less free time, I searched for an NDS emulator.

And I got the DeSmuME program.

It works perfectly, except for one thing.

I can't seem to get my original *.sav file to be loaded using DeSmuME.

I've already downloaded the offline emulator (on the previous page), and tried to convert myself, but to no avail.

Can anyone share a light on this?

Would really mean a lot..

Thanks

I have tried doing so, yet it only made the original *.dsv file corrupted..

So actually if I want to spend time re-playing the whole game, the save game feature works fine.

Sadly I don't have that luxury of time, that's why I'm trying to find a way to continue what I've played with the NDSi in my computer.

Thanks anyway MoonRays!

• 6 months later...