Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X & Y to shut out Action Replay?

Re: Pokemon X & Y to shut out Action Replay?

Quote Originally Posted by ryoverde View Post
    Personally, as a *working adult and parent* who is still a Pokemon fan, I *agree* that not being able to make up for the time it takes to "legitimately" capture/breed and raise up fight-worthy "legal" Pokemon will make it impossible for me to compete in contests. How can one compare the effort required when one has, maybe, a whole *hour* a day to "waste" on the leisure of a video game -- and compare that to the time required to raise up good fighting Pokemon *manually*? I have heard of individuals playing/working on decent Pokemon for 16-20 hrs per day... a luxury I don't have, if I want to be able to afford either the game platform *or* the game. And *usually*, I am lucky to win a mere third of the battles I wage in a competition, even with "legal" hacked Pokemon, so how is it that my "time-saving" is really hurting anyone who has time to do better? This merely ruins the game's experience for me and those in my situation.

As for whether or not I "hack" other games -- I don't *play* other games. Period. Mario is ***booorring***, so is nearly every other game I have tried. DragonAge (the 1st one) was *almost* fun, the others were not. (sorry for the digression).

My personal *opinion*, as is this entire post, and I am sure there are others who disagree: Nintendo, is *heavily* under-estimating the working adult population who still play Pokemon, yet who have out-grown Mario/Spyro and the like.

The Mechanics in Pokemon, that addicted me when I was helping my 3-yr-old play/learn to read on FireRed, allow complexity that your average 10-yr-old doesn't appreciate -- but can *learn* to appreciate as they get older and delve more into the depths of the game, and even attract them into the Card game.

In fact, there is no comparison -- to my mind, Mario games are made for 13-yr-olds & under, as a "whack'em up-mayhem" game; whereas Pokemon *can* exercise the brain, but doesn't *have* to.

Again, just my *opinions*.
    I completely agree. I am a 38 year old father of two and don't need the satisfaction of training my own Pokémon. Plus, all I ever use these 'not supported by Nintendo' features is for wonder cards of events I can't possibly make it to.

PMD Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherEvent ContributorModeratorSuper Moderator evandixon's Avatar
    An Aperture Science lab near Treasure Town
    Blog Entries

Nintendo is specifically trying to make sure that piracy is impossible on the 3DS. This means no execution of any code that Nintendo doesn't approve. The side effect is that we have no Action Replay, and it's hard to try to inject code into a save file to run homebrew from that. Ever heard of Sudokuhax? It exploited the save file of a DSiWare title to enable homebrew. If it wasn't patched (disabling transfer of save data for DSiWare titles for everyone), it very well could have led to piracy through the SD card slot. Now that I'm thinking about it, the CycloDSi actually managed to run pirated DSi titles using a save exploit on a DSi game.

Long story short, hackers either need to find a good exploit* or somehow convince Nintendo to sign a cheating device that could ruin online play in the wrong hands. I don't see Nintendo doing that.

*There's one found by the Gateway team, but only works on the 4.5 3DS firmware and was fixed before it was released. 3DS homebrew is still not out, but there are screenshots of unsigned code running on the 3DS using the Gateway exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Preparefortrouble View Post
    Have u guys even played x and y? Its super easier to train now . The time spend training has decreased
    Agreed.
    Not only that, its even possible to soft reset for near flawless Legendaries, I've seen a 31/x/31/30/31/31 Xerneas already . Gamefreak have introduced a lot of mechanics to make things quicker and have iv spreads possible.

The community is thriving with people spreading pokerus via twitter (check out #wondertradewednesday). The PSS system where you get OPowers. Without action replays etc people need the help of others which ultimately is making the community even better.

PMD Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherEvent ContributorModeratorSuper Moderator evandixon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The exp share applies to the entire party now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by evandixon View Post
    The exp share applies to the entire party now as well.
    Yeah also using the destiny knot in breeding passes 5 IV's from both parents now. Used with a power item/Everstone your guaranteed to get a good spread in a few attempts.
    That and the fast EXP via Elite 4 (lucky Egg) and your laughing.

Who says Gen 6 will have bad pokes lol #27thNationalDittoTransferDay

Can someone fill me in, are Pokemon XY action replay codes being worked on? Are they not possible? I dont know how to hack a games source code or anything like that but is there anything I can do to help with findingthe same kind of codes we had with Black and White 2?
    Pokemon is for everyone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gengarca9tales View Post
    Can someone fill me in, are Pokemon XY action replay codes being worked on? Are they not possible? I dont know how to hack a games source code or anything like that but is there anything I can do to help with findingthe same kind of codes we had with Black and White 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by evandixon View Post
    Nintendo is specifically trying to make sure that piracy is impossible on the 3DS. This means no execution of any code that Nintendo doesn't approve. The side effect is that we have no Action Replay, and it's hard to try to inject code into a save file to run homebrew from that. Ever heard of Sudokuhax? It exploited the save file of a DSiWare title to enable homebrew. If it wasn't patched (disabling transfer of save data for DSiWare titles for everyone), it very well could have led to piracy through the SD card slot. Now that I'm thinking about it, the CycloDSi actually managed to run pirated DSi titles using a save exploit on a DSi game.

Long story short, hackers either need to find a good exploit* or somehow convince Nintendo to sign a cheating device that could ruin online play in the wrong hands. I don't see Nintendo doing that.

*There's one found by the Gateway team, but only works on the 4.5 3DS firmware and was fixed before it was released. 3DS homebrew is still not out, but there are screenshots of unsigned code running on the 3DS using the Gateway exploit.

I have no problem at all if theres no hacking...im guessing nintendo rather make the game easier than have people hack it. Im just upset about pokemon bank :/
    Nintendo doesn't care about hacking but about piracy. Preventing hacking in a game is just a side effect.

There is absolutely nothing to be upset about with Bank. It is $5 a year and if that's too much, you probably shouldn't have purchased a $130-200 console and $40 game. And there's a 1 month free trial.

Learning to breathe IRC VOPDeveloperGame Save ResearcherModerator codemonkey85's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    There is absolutely nothing to be upset about with Bank.
    Unless he's just upset that hacks might make it in through Bank.

oh no I'm upset that I cant transfer Pokemon till December xD I miss my old team
    that and having to pay once a year than keep forever
    Why do you have to wait? And how are you going to transfer them?
    Pokemon is for everyone.

I'm just trying to get a Meowth, that's all...

Cant get a Meowth until the bank opens.

Learning to breathe IRC VOPDeveloperGame Save ResearcherModerator codemonkey85's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HansKisaragi View Post
    Cant get a Meowth until the bank opens.
    Well technically...

Quote Originally Posted by codemonkey85 View Post
    Well we could just modify some PKX files (the species ID specifically) and send them back to the game
    But for the record I think opening this functionality up to the public is a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by codemonkey85 View Post
    Well technically...

But for the record I think opening this functionality up to the public is a terrible idea.
    Not that I have any say in the research side of things but I totally agree with CM. I'm perfectly fine limiting the use of whatever Bond/XFR/whoever are doing to just them to use it for noble purposes rather than releasing it to the public where people will inevitably get dicked over on WonderTrade

I was wondering if any flashcart can allow us to play Pokemon X & Y. I heard about gateway 3ds card can play 3DS games. Can gateway 3ds play Pokemon X & Y?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast