Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X & Y to shut out Action Replay?

PMD Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherROM ResearcherEvent ContributorModeratorSuper Moderator evandixon's Avatar
    An Aperture Science lab near Treasure Town
    Blog Entries

Re: Pokemon X & Y to shut out Action Replay?

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo Ex View Post
    I was on datel's site not long ago looking for the DSi firmware upgrade that was not in the PC program accesable and i think i saw something about codes for 3DS but don't quote me on that.

My thought is that they will not block cheating completely, but will probably slow down the process until users find a way around it.
    That's probably the 3DS version of the ARDSi, so you can cheat on DS games while still using a 3DS.

I think the will definitely try to block cheating, because it makes non-cheaters stand out more.

PP.org's Shiny Collector Wiki ContributorFormer StaffEvent Contributor Mewtwo Ex's Avatar

Grim news. It is indeed only 3DS compatible. Meaning it will work with DS games on a DS console and DS games on a 3DS. That should not come as a surprise since it is an AR DSi and not an AR 3DS. I am sure they will release a AR 3DS when Pokemon games come closer to release date.

''Mewtwo Ex banned GOD!''

Shinies 11-th box almost complete

Member Helpful Q&A MemberEvent Contributor theSLAYER's Avatar

I fail to see the problem is with people raising their Pokemon with how they should. As long as they know how to raise them as they should (competitive wise). IF they can't or don't know how, that is their fault. The internet is filled with resources on any and all Pokemon games.
    It would be refreshing battling a team that was raised fighting ingame the Pokemon league instead of one that was made by code. You can imagine the quantity of battles i have experienced over the last 10 years. I don't mind if i fight a legendary Shiny Dialga or something other Shiny. Its possible to get them. I'm a proud owner of a real Shiny Mewtwo, but it took a colossal amount of time no whining kid would want to put up.
    Spoiler

However, from my iOS experience where the exploits are constantly patched, i find it hard to believe that Nintendo would completely block all sorts of game edits. They know that their games have/had and insane amount of depth in raising Pokes (at least till now) and that people cannot get stats without some form of editing the .sav via code or replacement of it.
    I was on datel's site not long ago looking for the DSi firmware upgrade that was not in the PC program accesable and i think i saw something about codes for 3DS but don't quote me on that.

My thought is that they will not block cheating completely, but will probably slow down the process until users find a way around it.
    I feel it's more than just hacking stats

1. Easy and faster transfer of gen v pokes to gen vi
    2. Wondercards and events out of your country
    3. "trading" without the need to physically trade over
    4. Devolving pokemon you evolved by mistake
    5. Knowing that there is "hidden pokemon"
    Many many morw

PP.org's Shiny Collector Wiki ContributorFormer StaffEvent Contributor Mewtwo Ex's Avatar

1. Agreed
    2. In my country we never had any.
    3. Not sure i understand that.
    4. A few days ago i was thing of a ''bad candy'' or something like that.
    5. Like knowing that there is an a Genesect 3/4 years before it being released?

''Mewtwo Ex banned GOD!''

Shinies 11-th box almost complete

1. Agreed
    2. In my country we never had any.
    3. Not sure i understand that.
    4. A few days ago i was thing of a ''bad candy'' or something like that.
    5. Like knowing that there is an a Genesect 3/4 years before it being released?
    3. Let's say if you have a black 2 and white 2. too lazy to trade everything.
    Simply open pokegen for a black 2 and white 2.

Drag from one side to another. just remember to read and set
    (if enabled, setting will set the pokemon's entry into the pokedex

4. I don't understand what you meant, but here are my examples:
    Maybe people regretted evolving to slaking? or eevee evolved to umbreon but wanted espeon
    but didnt want another eevee cause was in love with the "Natural stats" it had etc.

5. Like knowing Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect early.

In addition to "opening the contents of the game"
    (not limiting to the use of pokegen)

We discover previously secret content/trivia/interesting facts:

5i. Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon and Volt Tackle, these moves were already programmed in Ruby and Sapphire,
    But at that point no one knew its purpose or how to get it.

Same thing with Black and White Kyurem's signature move.
    Same thing with V-create.

5ii. Beta content, like Safari Zone remnants in Gold and Silver hinted that they wanted to rebuild Safari Zone.

Or some Gen II route themes are found in Gen III
    Or Gen III music used as tester in Gen IV.

Unused Shellos forme and Gastrodon formes back sprites in Gen IV

Double wild Pokemon battles were already programmed beta into RSE.

The Prof Oak beta battle in RBY.

Overworld sprite for Mew, Celebi, Raikou, Entei, Suicine, Attack and Defence Deoxys in FrLg.

Arceus Curse type Forme.

and it goes on...

5iii. If I remembered correctly, Shaymin, Giratina and Rotom had a unique "placeholder value",
    which subsequently was put into use when they gained Formes.

This same placeholder value was noticed in Kyurem in B&W.

5iv. Event maps: Hall of Origin, Faraway Island, Southern Island, Navel Rock, Birth Island,
    Giovanni's Cave, New Moon Island, Seabreak's Path etc.

5v. Returning ROUTE 10 to b2w2

Enough said...

Of the Pokemon World

Honestly, i believe someone in the future will make a new pokemon editing program, but until then, im quitting and NOT gonna buy a 3ds for it.

If you did use PokeGen, then you would just have to send the Pokemon to your G5 game then transfer to G6

PMD Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherROM ResearcherEvent ContributorModeratorSuper Moderator evandixon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LEGOanimal22 View Post
    If you did use PokeGen, then you would just have to send the Pokemon to your G5 game then transfer to G6
    You would probably have to beat the storyline first, making it not as useful. Not to mention all the new Pokemon. But still, it's something.

Quote Originally Posted by evandixon View Post
    You would probably have to beat the storyline first, making it not as useful. Not to mention all the new Pokemon. But still, it's something.
    Didn't think of that

Have anyone forgotten about the fact that there were event Pokemon that seemed to be a once-in-a-lifetime event? Before I had a personal computer or learned of PokeGen and whatnot... I've NEVER in my life had an event Pokemon because I lived too far to go to where it was distributed and there was limited transportation for me. With PokeGen I had the event Pokemon I needed and in the Battle Facilities... how come the enemies and CPU-controlled-partner PKMN have maximum IVs. If they rid of PokeGen for Gen VI... it will be unfair because the CPU-Pokes have Max IVs in Battle Facilities and we players don't. I'm not complaining here because there are chances you can get a Pokemon with 31 IVs in one or more stats.
    Just having battles for fun means enjoying the thrill of battling others, regardless of winning or losing. That's how I feel when I battle.

Of the Pokemon World

Quote Originally Posted by Preparefortrouble View Post
    .... so how will you use pokemons without the game? lol

egh I sorta agree to how it has helped find and see hidden things through out the games but the negatives is what it is causing
    first even tho we post the legit events ...people still use pokegen to make fakes (gba events or dream world)
    second pokemon wifi battles isnt fair to some people knowing people max out the IVs
    third is how people make action replay codes that have messed up ones game (all item code, event codes, etc)

I think if they do remove it their might be a better way to train pokemon . honestly thats what the games about
    training your pokemon and catching them all. I fear people misunderstand that it isnt about winning and being the best/ having the best pokemon but using strategy .
    so your pokemon isnt the best in IVs or nature. what counts is the luck and using techniques to win.
    lol u misunderstand my comment, i meant not buying 3ds AND the game.

anyways, back on topic. I agree the game is a strategy game, but with the "removal of action replay/pokegen/pokesav" there wont be any good gen 6 pokemons(unless by luck ofc but getting a good iv by chance is even harder than to get a shiny), meaning most new pokemons would be useless in any competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by PKMNTrainerNick144 View Post
    Have anyone forgotten about the fact that there were event Pokemon that seemed to be a once-in-a-lifetime event? Before I had a personal computer or learned of PokeGen and whatnot... I've NEVER in my life had an event Pokemon because I lived too far to go to where it was distributed and there was limited transportation for me. With PokeGen I had the event Pokemon I needed and in the Battle Facilities... how come the enemies and CPU-controlled-partner PKMN have maximum IVs. If they rid of PokeGen for Gen VI... it will be unfair because the CPU-Pokes have Max IVs in Battle Facilities and we players don't. I'm not complaining here because there are chances you can get a Pokemon with 31 IVs in one or more stats.
    lol i feel u. I live in a small country where events are hard to come by and i often relied on programs to get it. About the trainer's pokes, although it seems like the max IV pokemons are harder to beat than ever, just remember this: there is always EVs when u need it and any pokemons owned by gym leaders or elite 4s dont have EVs.

i dont get why people are too lazy to play and beat the game (not you someone who mentioned it before) its not like its so hard to beat a pokemon game heck i beat yellow version at 5-6 years old.
    Perhaps people wanted to use their existing pokemon or favorite species to beat the game?

I'm saying this because when Black and White came out, pre-Elite 4 had no gen I - IV creatures so it made me sad; but I sucked it up and actually learned to fall in love with gen V creatures.

My point is maybe it isn't about beating the game, maybe it's about using old favorites at the start of the game, eg. to enjoy new battle effects, 3D sprites etc.

---

But nonetheless I agree that beating the game isn't hard, it can even be rushed through within 24 hours!

nintendo 3DS prevents hacking devices (action replay etc)
    games ...well i dont know
    No it doesnt.

There is a special version of Action Replay that works with 3ds, and I use my game genie on my 3ds, though I've never tried codes on it, and only back up my DS games. But honestly, the only 3ds game I own is Zelda....
    Don't try to be a great man, just try to be a man. - Zephrine Cockrine - 10 years after Star Trek: First Contact
    Pokemon Platinum - 0732 2386 2484

Blog Entries

But both devices only let you cheat on DS games, not 3DS games. They just run on the system in DS mode.

Isn't their a 3DS emulator.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast