PokeGen Crashes After I Save My Changes

BrightDarkness

Stuff you might need to know:

PokeGen 3.1.13

Desmume 0.9.8

HeartGold ROM

.dst save file

I open up my .dst save file while Desmume is running and then I make a Pokemon and set it in my second slot in my party. The second I press save again PokeGen shuts down unexpectedly with no message and my changes are not saved. I may be making a silly mistake and feel free to ask me for more information regarding this issue. I tried to upload my save state too but it is too large being 1.83 MB even when I compressed it into a WinRAR file.

PokeGen_full..zip

PokeGen_full..zip

i just opened one of my hgss states with the rom running, saved state 5, added a poke to my party and first box, loaded state 5, and everything is fine.

you might want to maybe try shutting desmume off when you're editing states. i can't see anything wrong at all, though.

evandixon what do you mean by that? I have checked in my "Battery" folder and there are no .sav files in there. If you mean to make a .sav file I did, edited it, then tried to import it back in to Desmume and the import failed (I checked various options on the import screen and they all failed, even the 512bit option which was the size of my file). Could my ROM be bad, idk what is wrong at all.

• 1 year later...

Save state support was added almost 2 years ago. The developers of DeSmuME have likely changed the save state format since then, which could easily have broken the 2 year old code in PokeGen. If that's the case, there is no "help" to be given. Do what others have said already and don't use save states.

Even if changes in DeSmuME aren't the cause, it's unlikely to get fixed any time soon anyway.