The Offensive side, My Standard Team [RMT]

ok so this is one of my many teams that i have made but is on a losing streak atm and i just want to know what i should change....

At the glance: Weavile , Porygon Z , Kingdra , Scizor , Dusknoir , T-tar

:):bidoof:

The Lead

Weavile @ Focas Sash

Ability: Pressure

EV's: 4 hp,252 atk 252 speed

Nature: Hasty(+spe -def)

-Fake Out

-Counter

-Nightslash

-Taunt

Ok well they story on Weavile is pretty simple i tested a ton of leads/anti-leads before and found that a fake-out lead was amazing so i tested a few and found weavile to be the most usefull with counter..

The Special sweeper..

PorygonZ @ Choice scarf

Ability: Download

Ev's: 4 def /252 spA/ 252 speed

Nature: Modest ( +spA - atk)

-Tri Atk

-Thunder bolt

-Ice beam

- Hidden Power Fighting

Well this is a strange story with porygon Z.. i was with my old team and it lacked a special sweeper so thats when I started using it and it is amazing, i love this ugly duck -.^~.

The Dragon Dance sweeper...

Kingdra @ Leftovers

Ability: Sniper

Ev's: 4 hp 252 atk 252 speed

Nature: Adamant( +atk -spA)

-Yawn

-Dragon Dance

-Outrage

-WaterFall

Well in this case i used to have a gyarados instead but later used a kingdra ( i forgot why but i did) anyways it has been good but i dont know if i should put back gyarados or something different x.x;

The Choice Banded poke'

Scizor @ Choice Band

Ability: Technician

Ev's: 248 hp/ 252 atk / 8 speed

Nature: Adamant(+atk -spA)

-U-Turn

-Bullet Punch

-Brick Break

-Pursuit

Scizor i have used a long time and i mainly it as a pursuit'er sometims bulletpunch is usefull and U-Turn for celebi but pursuit is what i mainly use it for..... If I should change it then i dont mind so much o-o;.

The Wall/Tank

Dusknoir @ Leftovers

Ability: Pressure

Ev's: 252 hp, 28 atk, 228 def

Nature: Impish(+Def -spA)

-Pain Split

-Wil-o-wisp

-Shadow Sneak

- Fire Punch

hm.With Dusknoir I lacked a wall and wanted one to also be offensive so thats why i chose it. Painsplit/Shadow Sneak Combo is extreamly effectiv and helpful... anyways it is a good pokemon to have and thats pretty much it.. Wil-o-wisp is for pokemon like t-tar and salamence where Fire Punch wont help....yeah thats pretty much it, lol..

The Physical Tank o_o

Tyranitar @ Leftovers

Ability: Sand Stream

Ev's: 6 hp, 252 atk, 252 speed

Nature:Adamant(+atk -spA)

-Crunch

-Stone Edge

-EarthQuake

-DragonDance

Well i like t-tar alot... it is just so epic...anyways after a Dragon Dance This thing Kills anything in sight...anyways i would change it if needed..

Anyways please rate it and give me a good reason to change if needed

well i personally think maybe gyarados might be a better idea than kingdra but thats just me

to figure out your teams weaknesses ask your friends to fight you with certain types of pokemon and see what loopholes they find or simply have them use your team and try to find the loopholes yourself

and secondly this is a dumb questoin but how do you know which type your hidden power is going to be?

well i personally think maybe gyarados might be a better idea than kingdra but thats just me

to figure out your teams weaknesses ask your friends to fight you with certain types of pokemon and see what loopholes they find or simply have them use your team and try to find the loopholes yourself

and secondly this is a dumb questoin but how do you know which type your hidden power is going to be?

well i did go back to gyarados, anyways You know what hidden power by the IV's of the pokemon, i look if they are correct and hope that it is the right hp.

I think your lead Weavile might be better off with Pursuit over Night Slash because people tend to just retreat if their lead screwed up, although I could be wrong.

Also, Aqua Tail would be more useful over Earthquake for Tyranitar because you can hit Hippowdon and Gliscor for super effective damage. Ground and Water have very redundant coverage anyways. I'd also advise you to hold a Babiri Berry on Tyranitar just in case some Scizor comes in and decides to ruin the fun with a STAB Technician Bullet Punch...

I'll look over your team a bit later. But so far, I think what lucarioowned said still holds. You do have some form of Gyarados weakness :-/

You know by checking your IVs or you can fight a Kecleon and see which type it becomes. Or just experiment against a wild Pokemon and see if it hits super effective, not very effective or no damage or just neutral. You'll have to test against multiple Pokemon, of course, for one Pokemon test would be inconclusive.

Many solutions for the Hidden Power type but I mostly recommend hitting a Kecleon (like what wraith89 said). Yes, it's true you can use the IV stat calculator on the net then use Project Pokemon's IV Calculator at http://projectpokemon.org/games/calculators/hiddenpower.php

but this isn't the best solution. What if your one of your Pokemon's IV's are independant (eg. IV Calculator says the IV can be 2 different possibilities)? Then you'll have to try it on pokemon to check its type anyway.

Yeah, after you get a Kecleon, use the VS. Seeker with the two girls south of Floaroma Town for a Double Battle then attack your own Kecleon. In Platinum, Diamond and Pearl you can find Kecleon in the Northern part of Route 210 at Level 25 or 26 (using the PokeRadar). It's available in Morning, Day and Night with a 22% Encounter Rate with the PokeRadar.

Btw, morizuno, I think you should keep Kingdra and leave out Gyarados like you are. Kingdra has less weaknesses and has a larger movepool of strong and useful moves. Another thing I suggest is that you catch another Horsea or Seadra until you get one with Swift Swim. A Kingdra is better with Swift Swim than with Sniper. You might want to teach Kingdra Rain Dance for a boost for Waterfall and its ability. Or you might want a Rain support in your team. However, if you are in a battle where Ubers are permitted, summon Kyogre as a lead to get the rain.