So I'm Playing Yellow . . .

Arjun - PeeB4UGo

:P. I'm currently playing my Yellow version over again, and I didn't realize how much I was missing :P. I don't know why I stopped. I started a year ago, then gave up at the Pewter Gym xD. Then I restarted a couple of weeks ago, and I'm having so much fun! So I encourage you all to pull out your GB/GBC/GBA/GBASP/emulator and play your RBY game!

Anyways, how many of you are currently playing a Gen I game? Which one, and what do you like most about it?

Don't let the spirit of crappy Gen I graphics and the lack of running shoes (and the use of the select button, and the interaction of HMable items, etc.) cause the RBY spirit to die!

I restarted my old Red version at some point, as it seems to be only half done or so at the moment. My Yellow version has a pretty nice save, though... 151 seen & caught, PC boxes organized by elemental type (with Legendaries in Box 1) with every Pokemon (not 151 total, though; just the highest evolved form of each species plus Pikachu) at level 100.

These were really fun games, though. My Silver and Crystal games still see some use, as well.

Edited by AtomicGreymon

I just started playing through yellow recently (after figuring out how to get the stupid thing to save on my supercard), so we'll see how it goes.

I plan on playing through every game from R/B/Y to D/P/Pt and trying to complete them each to the extend that the game allows (since they're on my SCSD and unable to trade between packs. I might try with an emulator at some point, but I'm not sure yet.)

I tried playing it on my GBC, but couldn't get into it anymore. Feels too old :P

I'd rather try to finish with Platinum.

I played through about half of Crystal a few weeks ago.

Can someone send some good graphics back in time to nintendo?

• 4 weeks later...

I prefer the G/S/C Gen myself. During R/B/Y I was like "OMG POKEMON!" So I loved them, but by the time G/S/C came about I was more conscious of the game itself, and not just another franchise fanboy.

Also competitive battling in R/B/Y was kinda boring, only something like 20 pokemon were even usable. G/S/C expanded on that a lot I feel.

• 1 month later...

Pokemon Red + Super Gameboy + Super Nintendo = Win

Heck, I can Play it on my Gameboy player or my Original Gameboy even. I'm suprised that this many of us even have ways of playing GEN 1 games, much less the games themselves. It seems the younger generation of Pokemon fan isn't really into the classics. It's a shame, really.

I prefer the G/S/C Gen myself. During R/B/Y I was like "OMG POKEMON!" So I loved them, but by the time G/S/C came about I was more conscious of the game itself, and not just another franchise fanboy.

Also competitive battling in R/B/Y was kinda boring, only something like 20 pokemon were even usable. G/S/C expanded on that a lot I feel.

Dragonite was a God in RBY.

Dragonite was a God in RBY.

Not really. It was okay though, but not that great. Agility + Wrap combo was annoying though. It had no good STAB moves either, seeing how Dragon Rage was the only Dragon move of that time.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...