SDSME - Spiky's DS Map Editor

Ever wanted to edit Pokémon DP maps, but you couldn't because you didn't know hex? Ever wanted to make interiors look in 3D instead of 2D? Now you can, with Spiky's DS Map Editor!

Specifications:

Creator: Me (Spiky-Eared Pichu/Markitus95)

Supported games: All Gen IV/V games in all languages

Current features:

• Map header editor
  • Matrix editor
  • Individual map files editor (includes importer/exporter and dedicated editors for permissions and buildings)
  • 3D Viewers
  • Wild Pokémon and event editors
  • Script viewer
  • Text editor (based on Thenewpoketext)
  • Trainer editor

Planned features:

• Model importing
  • Tileset editor redesign
  • Event and trainer editors for generation V
  • Pokémon B2W2 scripts

Screenshots:

sdsme1701.png

sdsme1702.png

sdsme1703.png

trainerk.png

Download:

Version 1.8.1 (23/6/2013): http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Note: .NET Framework 4 or later is required to run the tool.

Enjoy! :)

Edited by Markitus95

Awsome dude. i wonder whn you gonna add map editing to your tool?? And what are you working on right now??

Map editing is a priority, but before starting work on the .OBJ exporter I have to ensure the native 3D renderer fully supports textures. Unless you want textureless maps in your game...

Currently I'm trying to improve the speed of the permissions editor with a new paint button. That way, if you want to change a lot of tiles to the exact same value, only clicking will be required :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm bringing you a new version (1.4.0). Texture support has been added to the 3D renderer and a demo tileset editor is available. Get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Hope you like it! ;)

aw is awesome x_x. i hope you can or have plan to share your source code awesome program with me, is for my c# knowledge x_x since i want to create a tools like this x_x.

sorry i was asked that x_x

• 5 months later...

Hello Spikey,

Your map editor is awesome!

Just wondering,

How do you change the way route and maps connect using your program?

EDIT:

I figured to use the Matrix Editor at Matrix 0 and change the values as per the unova map (i did not realise its a unova map)!

Thanks anyway!

Edited by theSLAYER

• 3 months later...
How do I know which tileset to use?

I'm assuming you're referring to which tileset, when you are looking at the maps, right (for visual enhancement purposes)

The first page with the Map headers, shows relevant information, including which "Texture" that particular map was preset to use.

My own easy use guide:

2wmgr38.jpg

24exa80.jpg

125tdvn.jpg

2yxen14.jpg

Inside Shows "Map Headers" Legend:

6f0582.jpg

Edited by theSLAYER
Uploading images. now done :)

Weird, I get this error when I open Trainer Editor on that route between Jubilife and Floaroma:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Nie można odnaleźć części ścieżki „[the disc and folders within which the programs is]\SDSME181\fun_SDSME\data\msgdata\msg\0618”.

w System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

w System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)

w System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

w WindowsFormsApplication1.Form3.Form3_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

w System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

w System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This one when I tried to exit it.

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Nie można odnaleźć części ścieżki „[the disc and folders within which the programs is]\SDSME181\fun_SDSME\data\poketool\trainer\trdata\”.

w System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

w System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()

w System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler)

w System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

w NarcAPI.Narc.FromFolder(String folderPath)

w WindowsFormsApplication1.Form3.Form3_FormClosed(Object sender, FormClosedEventArgs e)

w System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosed(FormClosedEventArgs e)

w System.Windows.Forms.Form.CheckCloseDialog(Boolean closingOnly)

The files (trdata.narc and trpoke.narc) are there. The msg 0618 thing? there's "msg.narc" and "pl_msg.narc"

(The message in first line more or less translates to "Cannot find part of path")

Edited by WhatHappenedToStairs

Can somebody explain to me how you work with the scripting codes? It's really confusing to me...

Thanx in advance!

sdsme1702.png

I don't really remember scripting, because I used it back for advanced generation.

There are actually scripting threads, you should try asking there.

Sorry I can't help :/

Weird, I get this error when I open Trainer Editor on that route between Jubilife and Floaroma:

This one when I tried to exit it.

The files (trdata.narc and trpoke.narc) are there. The msg 0618 thing? there's "msg.narc" and "pl_msg.narc"

(The message in first line more or less translates to "Cannot find part of path")

I never used this program for trainer editing.

You want to try other programs?