Pokemon Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Introduction

Hi, I'm DarkRisingGirl & This is POKEMON Dark Rising. This is my 2nd attempt to complete a full hack with a new epic story, new characters, and a new region. I've always felt the Pokemon series needed a much stronger impact with story-telling & that's what this hack is all about. Within the hack(look to features for more information) you'll encounter pokemon from all 5 generations, the newest attacks, a brand new deep storyline evolving many characters with actual emotions compelling them to move foward, and last but not least, 2 regions with 16 badges & 1 final boss included. I thank you all for playing, I hope you enjoy! ^.^

The Adventure

The Story begins in a dream. A Pokemon suddenly appears

and chooses you, a young boy/girl, to save not only it, but the world itself.

You awake asking yourself questions. Deciding to ignore the dream for now, you step out into your home town known as Fells in the Core Region. Your best friend, who also had the same dream, stops you at the front door to inform you of an emergency message from the town's Professor. When you encounter the professor, he quickly informs you of the disasters and climate changes occuring all over the Core Region. His workers in panic, he asks you to visit the delivery station and pick up a package for him from Prof.Oak. As you set out on this simple task, you encounter a mysterious girl who appears to know knowledge of the dream you've had about a creature name DARUGIS. After recieving the package, a powerful pokemon is within you and your friend, Pete, sight. Eager to test your early skills against a powerful pokemon, you quickly engage in a battle with it. The pokemon uses it's powerful winds, easily defeating your pokemon and knocking you out in the process. After awakening in your room, you see Pete and your mother patiently waiting for your recovery. You soon begin to realize this is the start of a journey into many mysteries and powerful pokemon you can't wait to challenge.

Characters:

2jdp9n8.pngOren (Hero) - The Hero of the Game.

28ko5dk.pngOrena (Heroine) - The Heroine of the Game.

1zx7hn8.pngKaz (Rival) - Your best friend and main rival of the Game.

2mme2is.pngPete - Another friend of the Hero/Heroine.

11bp2k5.jpgSydney - The mysterious trainer who has a past with Kayo & a connection to the legendary dragon, KYUREM. Her dragon, AXEW, is only seen in the 2nd region of the Game.

15f4uhe.pngKayo - A mysterious trainer who has a past with Sydney & the leader of the Grunts/Goons/Goonetes. His dragon, DEINO, is only seen in the 2nd region of the Game.

xmik5u.pngDray - He proclaims himself as the "Number 1 Trainer in the World". To prove this, he's gone on a search to battle the pokemon champion, Ash Ketchum. He is also the winner of the Sinnoh League and the boyfriend of Florina.

166axz4.pngFlorina - She's an expert at computers and the girlfriend of Dray. She's the winner of the Unova League, defeating Dray in the final battle of the competition.

2isk4r4.pngV - He is the general of the Grunts/Goons/Goonetes & commands DARUGIS's Puppets at the highest order. He also has a past with the player's Father and has a Son & Daughter who have become skilled Pokemon Trainers.

Screenshots:

nvsip.png2hoxliq.pngei9zlw.png21bom7d.png2ic303t.png2n7fds7.png2zxt9qb.pngj73igp.png5phcn7.pngx7ddy.png15s8spi.jpg346wdie.png2u5x4xi.png2zzq3qa.png2q0pq95.png1z72d84.png2vuausk.pngmv25vn.png

mjse9x.png2hrz5lw.png20tm3c5.png13ylzr4.png2e0r19f.png1pi4q8.png14u7twx.pngm922c8.pngkeu4jt.png2z5vt4g.png2wnvlap.pngv8hdvc.pngnmloix.pngminvdf.pngf3vps6.png15qz2pw.png1zvfkvl.pnguo9ed.png

2u8cf11.pngfut1xy.png4onky.pngj5fsxt.pngsy4hw3.png33mwx21.png25tgc5v.png11bn7uv.png15h0pz8.pngrsemg3.png2lcti0w.pngjtvui8.png2gt9it4.pngmaglc1.png10py3yq.png

23wv814.pngqyx2y0.png2zxq9nt.png242ahkg.png2jfaulu.png2mhx9c0.pngmbpkya.png344ussy.png20mptf.png

2mzyyz4.png

wtxdl3.png2ynoy8i.png

e637l4.png

25q4oxi.png

2n8d65c.png

309mvlu.png

153rzur.pngmcf1iu.png

25oxs00.png24eanud.png

28v8tg8.png

2mgv8dv.png

28vawhw.png

30m3lgi.png

28wfeh0.png

2vmzpxi.png

98db36.png

dndo2b.png

34s1do4.png

2j4aqs9.png

kd4l0j.png

35iauxc.png

2mflo50.png

5p4w05.png

Fan-Made Titlescreen:

smrjmv.png

Fan Made Box-Art:

2d8gn52.png

Features:

The game starts off in the Core Region & later, the Omni Region. 386 Pokemon from regions Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, & Unova, all appear in both.

There will be 16 badges in all. Each gym leader will have his/her own signature Pokemon that is not obtainable in the game.

All Original Characters & Trainers, including some fan favorites from the anime such as:

Ash Ketchum

Misty

Brock

Aside from the anime favorites, Yami Yugi from

the YUGIOH Series will also have a short apperance

in the hack as a Gym Leader.

There will be newer generation moves. Some to note are Shadow Claw, Roost, Scald, & plenty more.

DW Abilities (Yes that includes the overused fan favorites of Drizzle Poliwag, Drought Vulpix, & Speed Boost Torchic.)

All Pokemon will learn some of their best egg moves from gen 3-5 by level up instead of breeding. (Serebii.net Pokedex was used for this information.)

Inside every pokemon center, there's a Nurse Joy & Doctor Roy. Doctor Roy will be the one to heal your POKEMON. Nurse Joy will be next to him and challenge you to a double battle along side Doctor Roy. This is helpful for exp points.

Support Us!

Banners:

sigpic332520_1.gif

13ykv8.png

359ltzn.png

Youtube Walkthroughs:

[YOUTUBE]xB0vHeKenKE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xCBZAlqh7As[/YOUTUBE]

Credits:

Tajaros (Scripting/Support Banner/Ideas)

Wesley FG (OW Sprites)

Kyledove (Tiles)

Mewmasterifly (2 Evil Fakemon Sprites)

MidnightShine (Darugis Sprite)

Kyle_649 (Kyurem Black/White Front/Back Sprites)

NO_obslayer (Titlescreen)

Nightkymz (Tile Inserter)

Evil Arms (Fan-made Titlescreen)

BETA 1 RELEASE: July 30th-August 5th 2012

Beta 1 Errors(Will be fixed in future releases) All are very minor & do not affect the gameplay at all.

1.The introduction sprites for the Hero/Heroine/Rival are Not Inserted.

2.DRAY's trainer sprite's hair is Grey, but his OW's sprite's hair is Dark Blue.

3.New Moves do not have their correct descriptions or animations YET.

4.Kaz's OW sprite has a Black backpack, but his trainer sprite has a Yellow one.

5.The Pikachu at the start of the game's menu is cut off. It will be replaced with another pokemon when I get assistance in changing it.

BETA 2 RELEASE: End of the Year

(Will go to the 8th gym leader.)

New Music.

Cries identical to the Pokemon.

Beta 1 Download: http://www.4shared.com/rar/OcUBIOWP/PokemonDarkRisingBeta1.html?

Edited by DarkRisingGirl

Also, here are some more trainers you'll be facing in the hack.

2s7i6hx.png-ATEM

yknpg.png-VLADIMIR

684ewz.jpg-MISTY

sb4il3.png-ASH & PIKACHU

4j0tiq.png -ADRIAN

DON'T FORGET to Download BETA 1 in the first post. Enjoy playing everyone. ^.^

(I couldn't upload the attachment that shows the locations of all the wild Pokemon in the hack to this website.)

• 2 weeks later...

The hack is about 90% complete. Expect the full release next month. This is a hack series, so expect a beta of the sequel to be released sometime early next year. Here's a big update:

Long ago...There was only darkness.

Until Arceus, God of Pokemon, decided to make a new world. A world filled with

Pokemon. Arceus began creating Pokemon of different natures, types and

species on the ground, in the air, and in the water.

Arceus followers, the legends of Pokemon history, helped Arceus shape the world, Each one with

a designated job. One in particular was named Darugis. It's job was to create harmony through the Pokemon

world. Darugis was the highest in command and all of the legendaries respected it's power. Darugis soon felt superior, the recognization and sheer cockiness in it began to emit darkness, negativity, jealousy.

Darugis challanged Arceus but evidently lost. Arceus sent Darugis to the bowels of the darkness, locking it inside Pandora's Box. The few legendaries did not like how Arceus had banished Darugis and began to seperate. Creating their own worlds.

Darugis plotted, seeking revenge on Arceus. Darugis was still connected to Arceus in some way because Arceus still cared for all of it's followers. Arceus wanted to create friendship and love and thought Pokemon would be lonely.

Arceus felt they needed companions...Thus, the creation of humans began to soothe Arceus's worries. However, Darugis saw this as a plan. Darugis tempted the first humans, as they released it from it's imprisonment.

Negativty was thus spread out through the Pokemon World. Anger, jeaously, hatred, envy and so fourth.

Darugis's plan was almost complete, until a young trainer named Jean Blake sealed it away inside Pandora's Box once again. But it was not sealed away completely... Extracting it's revenge, Darugis trapped Jean Blake in an endless void so he could not stop it's plans ever again.

Until now...

POKEMON DARK RISING 1

rjdsif.png

f44txv.png

2emh07m.png

dy81u0.png

eao8rb.png

95y2c1.png

ixumqc.png

10gfzok.png

2jfxj0j.png

2hz3hn9.png

dw2w07.png

(New Banners): 2userea.png

2en6yxe.png

The battle with the child of Jean Blake has only begun. Although Darugis lost the battle, it was far from losing the war. Spreading it's power globally, it decided to build it's throne in another Region close by. The OMNI Region. The story continues 1 month later...What will be the outcome? Only You can decide that.

POKEMON DARK RISING 2

2he98wl.png

2agj1vc.png

29p96p0.png

z71ud.png

2z65mwg.png

(The Tiles and Maps are still a work in progress)

(DR2 Banner for Early Support): tzi1i.png

I just hope you fix those black outfits. Don't make them pure black it don't looks good. You should do like this: Spr_HGSS_Rocket_Grunt_F.png

Black outline but lighter black so you can see more stuff and to not make it look like a huge black blob thing.

Here an example: blackgi.png Would need a little rework on it but it look a bit better than only black.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello DarkRisingGirl..i want ask something..err, did you have done a complete hack version of this game? Coz' after defeating Pete, it says that the adventure continues and i can't go to the last city..if there is complete version, could you tell me the link..i love to play this game! ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am pretty far in the thing I am right now just trying to find arceus I have been damn near everywhere but can't find it! Anyone know the location of arceus? or do you have to get mew celebi deoxys and jirachi first? :frown:

If anyone finds the location of Arceus please reply in the comments where its location is or if you find jirachi let me know where it is also...

Edited by dlatwood

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...