Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Pokesav?

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Pokesav?

If you don't mind me asking, will there a Pokesav editor for Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2?
    Please do not say "there is Pokegen" or "Pokegen is better" as Pokegen can't do all the things Pokesav can (at least last I checked).

Eventsly Staffington Event StaffTranslation ContributorIRC AOPSite ContributorImage ContributorEvent ContributorSuper Moderator Guested's Avatar

Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Pokesav?

We don't develop pokesav.
    And the developer has made no indication of updating for B2W2.
    Pokegen actually does more things and does them less buggily.

Project Pokémon Event Gallery
    All the latest Pokémon Event news: Event News Forum
    Pokémon Event Schedule and Contributions: Contribution Thread
    PokeGen - Pokesav replacement

"Now that I've had my coffee..."

PokeGen ONLY edits pokemon and does NOT have a friendly user interface. Why would I want to use PokeGen?

Eventsly Staffington Event StaffTranslation ContributorIRC AOPSite ContributorImage ContributorEvent ContributorSuper Moderator Guested's Avatar

Not sure what you mean about the interface as pokegen is more organized.
    But as for features, pokegen can edit much more than Pokemon... items, pokedex, mystery gifts, cgear skins, as well as AR support for all regions and no language or character corruptions.
    And it is being actively developed, unlike pokesav, so more features are on the way.

PMD Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherEvent ContributorModeratorSuper Moderator evandixon's Avatar
    An Aperture Science lab near Treasure Town
    Blog Entries

What do you want to do that Pokegen can't? There are a few things that Pokesav can do that Pokegen can't, but it should be limited only to editing Trainer information.

In case you didn't notice, things besides Pokemon editing can be found in the "Tools" menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Guested View Post
    Pokegen actually does more things and does them less buggily.
    You must be joking.

But yeah, Pokesav screws up names completely as it's not unicode enabled.

Go ask the people/person who makes Pokesav.

PMD Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherEvent ContributorModeratorSuper Moderator evandixon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thread unlocked because I want the OP to tell us objectively why he doesn't like Pokegen. The thread will be locked again if the OP does not have a good enough reason for not liking Pokegen.

So ShadeKoopa, why do you not want to use Pokegen? Be specific, and don't say "Pokesav is easier to use" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by evandixon View Post
    Thread unlocked because I want the OP to tell us objectively why he doesn't like Pokegen. The thread will be locked again if the OP does not have a good enough reason for not liking Pokegen.

So ShadeKoopa, why do you not want to use Pokegen? Be specific, and don't say "Pokesav is easier to use" or something like that.
    I'm sorry, but that is pretty much my only reason. Pokegen is very confusing and the interface is not user friendly, at least back when I used it (whatever version it was before B/W). Also, another thing i've notice is that not everything is correct in PokeGen when you view the data of the pokemon. I doesn't get my location, where it was caught, it was caught, etc. correctly. Unless something there is something new in PokeGen that will grab my attention, I will stick with PokeSav thank you. PokeSav has worked fine for me for all the Pokemon DS Games I have played; no save errors or corruptions what so ever.

Now if there is no PokeSav editor for Black 2/White 2, then I pretty much have no choice to use PokeGen; just have to live without item editing and what not.

Blog Entries

Pokegen's UI makes more sense than Pokesav's (besides non-pokemon editing features being hidden in a menu), but I can understand being confused if you are new to it.

As for location issues, file a bug report if it still doesn't work on the latest version.

Also, don't forget to make a backup of your save file before editing it. That way, if something goes wrong, you can still play the unedited version.

PokeGen Creator - Retired DeveloperFormer Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kyogre1 View Post
    You must be joking.
    I really need to stop listing fixes with each update. Then people like you couldn't make such comments. Would that make you feel better about the program not "harming" your Pokemon souls?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeKoopa View Post
    Pokegen is very confusing and the interface is not user friendly, at least back when I used it (whatever version it was before B/W).
    This is NOT useful information. It doesn't tell me or anyone else WHY it's "not user friendly", so nothing can ever be done about it, provided your thoughts are even remotely valid.

Also, another thing i've notice is that not everything is correct in PokeGen when you view the data of the pokemon. I doesn't get my location, where it was caught, it was caught, etc. correctly.
    Then you're not telling it what to do correctly.

no save errors or corruptions what so ever
    I doubt you've experienced either of these with PokeGen either.

just have to live without item editing and what not
    You might want to actually learn about the software you're commenting on before posting. Item editing has been available for weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyogre1 View Post
    You must be joking.

But yeah, Pokesav screws up names completely as it's not unicode enabled.
    My point was that Pokegen's bugs are fixed nearly immediately as it is being actively developed.
    Pokesav's (the original and especially the translated verisons) bugs are fixed never.

Blog Entries

(I could have sworn I closed this... I'll leave it open for now. Everyone, please be more objective and less unjustly biased toward your favorite editor. That bias can lead to a flame war.)

The reason everyone dislikes Pokegen's layout is because it is different.
    I'm sure that once you're accustomed to it, you won't want to use Pokesav (unless you need to edit trainer info).

Super Moderator Translation ContributorDeveloperGame Save ResearcherROM ResearcherRAM ResearcherIRC AOPEvent ContributorSuper Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by evandixon View Post
    (I could have sworn I closed this...)
    you did. : )

Kathmandu, Nepal, Asia, Earth, Milky Way :D

Thumbs up Re: Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Pokesav?

i want some easy presets in pokegen such as a single button to "set all ivs to 31" , a button for "auto fill bag with all items * ___ pcs " and so on ... i dont know if you understood it or not but such features were available in pokesav and i ACTUALLY generated legal pkmn in just a minute or 2 and very easily. But whatsoever pokegen UI is awesome; its small and very organized. but one thing i have noticed is that when we hover over the dropdown menu for choosing natures of pokemon and if pokegen is around top side of my desktop, then yellow help text box blinks and blinks and its impossible to read the help text. sorry for my bad english as i m not a native English speaker. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast