View Poll Results: Should I make the only Giratina in game Shiny?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it would be a nice reward for playing the hack.

17 60.71%
  • No, I would rather work for it!

11 39.29%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Perfect Platinum

Re: Pokemon Perfect Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    My hacks are completed.
    Back when this forum was started we saw a lot of started hacks but not completed hacks. So to reward those that actually took the time to complete their work I stickied their threads. Originally I tried implementing a child forum but it would not accept threads being moved to it properly.
    Just the other day when I completed my Perfect Heart/Perfect Soul hack we spoke again of child forums, perhaps we can get it working this time, but I am no longer the mod here so that's Alpha's decision.
    Yeah, the ''completion clause'' doesn't really apply anymore because this thread contains more completed hacks, for example Pokémon Blaze Black & Volt White.
    I agree that there should be a ''Completed / Finished Hacks'' child forum.

Full Version!
    OUT SOON!

Sorry for being a noobie here and having to ask this reoccurring question, but how do I get this to work?
    I can't get it to work for the life of me (been trying for 5hrs - no exaggeration). I've downloaded the only 2 ".nds" "clean platinum" i could find, Ive read the readme's in all versions, I've read this entire thread, I've tried in folders-out folders-new folders and pretty much just about everything~
    Every time i click apply patch nothing happens. Any ideas?

Going to take it that you're using PP GUI Version.zip.

Quote Originally Posted by ReignOfComputer View Post
    Make sure everything is extracted from the zip folders, and that they are in the same folder.
    Also make sure that you have used the correct file for both the "Select Patch" (.xdelta) and "Select ROM" (.nds), since if they are incorrect nothing happens at all.
    Patching should create the _patched.nds file. If that doesn't work, make sure the file extensions are correct, try on a different computer, try running as administrator, try running Windows Update to see if updating .NET Framework helps (really throwing everything out there lol).
    The Global Terminal [PKM Distributions] | Download PokeGen | Find me on ProjectPokemon's IRC
    Windows Phone and 8 Developer | Microsoft Student Partner | Brony :3 | @ReignOfComputer

Going to take it that you're using PP GUI Version.zip.

Patching should create the _patched.nds file. If that doesn't work, make sure the file extensions are correct, try on a different computer, try running as administrator, try running Windows Update to see if updating .NET Framework helps (really throwing everything out there lol).
    Thanks for the response
    Yes I'm using the PP GUI Version~
    Sadly they're the correct files, I tried running as administrator, file extensions (I believe o.0) are correct, and everything is completely up to dated.
    Only thing I can't try is a different computer since I've only got one xD

Tell yeah what, try using this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Global Terminal [PKM Distributions] | Download PokeGen | Find me on ProjectPokemon's IRC
    Windows Phone and 8 Developer | Microsoft Student Partner | Brony :3 | @ReignOfComputer

Tell yeah what, try using this.
    Ahh, finally got it to work, I tried patching the rom in my thumb drive and it worked! yay!
    Thank you for the link

I can't understand how to get the challengers edition ? im totally stuck. I managed to patch my platinum wrong to the perfect platinum fine but i can't understand how to get the challengers edition. Can anyone tell me how ? (For dumbies >.<)

Le Awesome ROM HackerFormer StaffModerator Roland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie_x View Post
    I can't understand how to get the challengers edition ? im totally stuck. I managed to patch my platinum wrong to the perfect platinum fine but i can't understand how to get the challengers edition. Can anyone tell me how ? (For dumbies >.<)
    Are you attempting to apply the CE patch to a clean rom?
    To me it sounds like you are trying to do:
    Clean Rom => Perfect Platinum => Perfect Platinum Challenger's Edition
    This is wrong.

What you want to do is:
    Clean Rom => Perfect Platinum
    OR
    Clean Rom => Perfect Platinum Challenger's Edition
    This is correct.

The patching process for either one is identical, the only difference is which patch you use. So if you have successfully created a PP rom, you should have no problem making a PPCE rom.

In the location document what does Pre-GAL mean?

just wondering where the in game trades for the events are (shaymin, darkrai, arceus) as i cant find them anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by dtwm View Post
    In the location document what does Pre-GAL mean?
    Hmm good question, I'll have to check on it though please bear with me as I have been bedridden for about a month now so anything I do lately is slow...
    Quote Originally Posted by fazz View Post
    just wondering where the in game trades for the events are (shaymin, darkrai, arceus) as i cant find them anywhere
    The trades are where they have always been. You can check any guide any where on the net for Platinum and it will tell you where the tradable pokemon are and what you must trade.
    The event items are being held by said pokemon.

Roland how come you abandoned perfect heart forum page? atleast answer my last question I'm having so much fun finding cool legendary pokemon for my team but I have no idea where most are any input at all would be appreciated

Does anyone have a problem with patching PPCE? It seems to me that PPCE is the same version as PP I got to battling Roarke, but it seems he has 3 pokemon instead of five, as should be in PPCE (saw it on some walktrough).

Edit:
    Hang on. There is a challneger's edition. Roarke has the same pokemon, but on slightly different level, as opposed to five fossil pokemon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flhRSPmKrFA

So, the challenger's edition is not challenging. I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by King420 View Post
    Roland how come you abandoned perfect heart forum page? atleast answer my last question I'm having so much fun finding cool legendary pokemon for my team but I have no idea where most are any input at all would be appreciated
    I did not abandon anything. If you read my last post in both this thread and the latest post in the other thread, you would be aware medical afflictions limit my abilities currently. Please do not post in this thread about things related to that thread. They are separate for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmyles View Post
    Does anyone have a problem with patching PPCE? It seems to me that PPCE is the same version as PP I got to battling Roarke, but it seems he has 3 pokemon instead of five, as should be in PPCE (saw it on some walktrough).

Edit:
    Hang on. There is a challneger's edition. Roarke has the same pokemon, but on slightly different level, as opposed to five fossil pokemon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flhRSPmKrFA

So, the challenger's edition is not challenging. I'm confused.
    Sounds like you had an issue patching somewhere. The best way to tell if the CE patch applied is to find a major battle (such as the first gym leader) and look at the levels of their pokemon. Now compare that to a guide of what the original game was (such as Serebii or GameFAQs). If the levels are higher then the patch worked. If the levels are the same then it did not.
    No one should have anymore pokemon that what they originally had. I f in the original game he has 3 then he should have 3. Just with higher levels. Whatever walkthrough you speak of lied to you sir.

Don't patch PPCE over PP. To patch either game it should be as follows:
    Clean rom => PP patch = Perfect Platinum
    Clean rom
    => PPCE patch = Perfect Platinum Challenger's Edition

Any other combination would be incorrect.

This may have been asked but what level is Cynthia's best when you first fight her in the challengers edition? I downloaded it and it doesn't seem that different yet.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast