Original ShinyDTS (by Shiny Jirachi, aka formlesstree4). Permission given to edit and re-post.
ShinyDTS v2 is an edit of ShinyDTS, created by formlesstree4. It is an emulator (or spoofing program) for the in-game Global Trade Station (GTS) in Generation IV [Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, & SoulSilver] and Generation V [Black & White] games. It allows a user to send Pokemon to and from their game, or for some people, host distributions (unmanned!).
1) Unzip contents to a folder.
2) Run ShinyDTSv2.exe
3) DNS IP
4) Start DNS
- If you are distributing to YOURSELF, make sure you LOCAL IP (e.g. 192.168.0.100) is in the DNS IP box. You may find this my going to Command Prompt (cmd) and running "ipconfig". Your Local IP is your IPv4 IP (unless you're not going through a router, special case).
- If you are distributing to OTHERS, make sure your PUBLIC IP is in the DNS IP box. That should be auto-detected. In SOME cases, detection may not be accurate. You may check your Public IP at http://www.canyouseeme.org/
5) Select your Distribution Mode
6) Set Pokemon to be distributed (if not in Receive Mode) in the Generation IV Selection and Generation V Selection boxes.
- Individual - Distributed only ONE (1) Pokemon in Gen IV and Gen V
- Folder - Distribute, in order, an entire folder's contents of Pokemon in Gen IV and Gen V
- Random Folder - Distribute, RANDOMLY, an entire folder's contents of Pokemon in Gen IV and Gen V
- Receive Mode - Receive Pokemon from either Gen IV and Gen V, which will be saved to respective folders in the application directory
7) Start GTS
~For more information on connecting your DS to a fake GTS DNS Server, please watch the following video~
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
1) You may clear program logs WITHIN the application by clicking the $~flushlogs button.
2) This program automatically creates logs within the application directory. DNS.txt logs the DNS section, GTS.txt logs the GTS section.
3) [Public Distributions] You can check if your server is reachable by having someone outside your network visit your DNS IP in their Internet Browser.
- If the DNS Spoofing is active and the program is closed without terminating the DNS Spoofing first, Windows throws an error message of no importance. Still annoying.
- BOTH boxes MUST be filled up before Start GTS can be pressed. This will (hopefully) be fixed by Shiny Jirachi in the future. I have no plans to release another version of ShinyGTS, I'd rather just work solely on ShinyDTS since it has more functionality and it's easier to work on one program. For now, fill in any empty boxes with placeholders.
Troubleshooting / Questions
• My Anti-Virus says this is a virus!
Mine doesn't. Neither should anyone's. Go get a proper Anti-Virus. VirusTotal Scan: https://www.virustotal.com/file/52d1...is/1334947148/
• I'm receiving the error message "The application failed to Initialize properly" when attempting to start the program!
You need to install .NET Framework 3.5 for this program to run. That being said, your computer is OLD. (MUST have .NET Framework 3.5. Using 4.0 will STILL give an error message)
• I'm receiving the error message "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" when attempting to start the GTS!
You are running something that is conflicting with ShinyDTSv2. Shut down all other applications and try again (e.g. TeamViewer)
• I'm having issues starting the DNS!
Make sure no other application is using Port 80. Examples of such applications are Skype and Apache Web Server.
• Connections to the program fail!
Make sure Port 80 (TCP) and Port 53 (UDP) are OPEN on your computer. That may not be enough! Check your Router settings as well. If possible, get your Router to Port Forward the aforementioned Ports to the computer hosting the server. Here's a site to check if your Ports are open, and here's a site to learn how to Port Forward.
• Where do I get the .pkm files for loading?
.pkm files can be found all over the forum. Use the search tool! Alternatively, you may be able to find .pkm files for free (provided they are made public) over at PokeCheck.org
• WHAT is a .pkm file?
A .pkm file is essentially Pokemon data. It is the backup (or at times, a creation or edit) of that Pokemon on your game. Having it as a file allows easier trading, easier storage, and does not affect the legality of your Pokemon in any way.
• How do I make .pkm files?
Use PokeGen to make .pkm files. It's simple and easy to use. A guide for 5th Gen is here too!
• What are some running DNS Servers?
- The Global Terminal (Run by me, RoC. Distributes Events, RNG'd and Shiny Pokemon)
- PokeGTS.us (aka Pokemon Selector, Run by willaiem. Provides a selection of Pokemon available for download. Also allows you to upload a Pokemon from your computer to your game using the site, and allows editing of Pokemon)
- PokeCheck.org (aka the GTS stats checker, run by xfr. Allows you to download/upload Pokemon from your computer AND game, as well as view their information. Doubles up as a legality checker)
20/4/12 [Initial Release, changes from original ShinyDTS]
- Updated DNS IP Automated Detection (thanks martyfracker)
- System for blocking outside-GTS activities by ogopj
- Logging system for DNS and GTS sections by ogopj
- Browser Message when visiting DNS IP in Internet Browser by M@T
- Help and Credits information edited
- GUI Changes
- Background (for fun)
- SEVERAL text edits (for fun)
- Icon changed
- Minimizing to taskbar no longer makes annoying pop-up
- Version changes
//For a future update.//
Scrapping this, actually. There's going to be a completely new thing soon, instead.
Can't say much about it yet but it's going to be LEGEND----
Bro, you always have something up your sleeve. I never know with you.
Do I at least get to take it for a test drive before it's released since I'm your GTS buddy :3?
KanashimiKun on PokemonGTS
The GTS spoofing master!