Is there a pokegen for gen 3 games?????

crazyrazor

Back in 2003, there were no save editors. Instead, you were able to create AR codes. Attached is my original "Pokemon calculator" for R/S that was a bit crude, but did its job. It was succeeded by Ciro's Pokemon Maker, as I got in a bit of legal trouble and basically had to get rid of everything even remotely illegal on my PC.

Give both a try. Pokemon maker d/l can be found at:

http://www.tjsdaily.com/2011/01/ciros-pokemon-maker-download-working.html

If you're looking for tool to open your save and get AR codes for pokemon in your box/party, then I cannot recall anything that does it, sadly.

rs_calc..zip

rs_calc..zip

Wow, and I thought the early version of PokeGen was bad in terms of its UI. I like how both the old PokeGen and your program have no concept of manually setting PIDs. If only things stayed that way.

I got in a bit of legal trouble and basically had to get rid of everything even remotely illegal on my PC.

Was this at all related to Pokemon? I doubt it, but I can't help wondering.

Wow, and I thought the early version of PokeGen was bad in terms of its UI. I like how both the old PokeGen and your program have no concept of manually setting PIDs. If only things stayed that way.

Well, I was 17 in 2003 and had no clue whatsoever of whether my UI design is good or not :)

Was this at all related to Pokemon? I doubt it, but I can't help wondering.

Nope, my friend got caught red-handed while trying to sell pirated software and he was stupid enough to tell cops that he borrowed the USB HDD from me. I had no clue what he is up to, but I still have got my PC confiscated for evaluation (whether I have anything illegal there) which lasted like 6 months, but they found nothing. My friend settled out of court by then, so my PC was returned to me... with HDD wiped.

During that period, my free hosting account that was used for program home page was terminated because someone reported me violating ToS. I tried to distance myself from any, even small troubles, and seeing as Ciro started working on his PokemonMaker by then, decided to help him instead of continuing development of my own tool.

Well, I was 17 in 2003 and had no clue whatsoever of whether my UI design is good or not :)

In particular, the Pokedex tab made me laugh a bit. I won't claim that I'm great at design either, however. I don't think PokeGen's CURRENT design is all that wonderful, it's just better than the alternatives, to me.

Nope, my friend got caught red-handed while trying to sell pirated software and he was stupid enough to tell cops that he borrowed the USB HDD from me.

That sounds like a great friend. I've been in a similar situation, although not related to piracy.

i think PokeGen's current GUI is worse than this Ciro's Pokemon Maker's. it always confuses me to death, but that's probably just me ..

Can you give details? Because I don't understand, at all.

I personally enjoy the GUI of pokegen. It is very simple and easy to understand. One of the best parts about it in my opinion. I often wonder what would happen if there was a way to send a Pokemon file from computer to gen 3. Only possible way of sending a file to the pokemon game (retail) from computer that I can think of would be to some how manipulate/make use of the Wireless Adapter included in Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen, but I doubt that will ever happen as it would be impossible to figure out.