A Librarian needs help

bobthelibrarian

Hi I am so new to this and could really use some help.

I run the video game club at my library and for a while have been breeding and training Pokemon to use as prizes for my members in our events. The problem is it takes a long time and I have alot of members. I am hoping some of you can help me with this problem by answering a few questions.

Basicly what I want to know is what is the best way to have kids come to the library to download pokemon? Which program should I use that I can run on our network and then the kids can connect to it to get what I am giving as a prize? Can that even be done? And if so can I like load a list of them so I don't have to be near a computer to change them?

The other question is I have alot of kids who dont have Black and White. Do I need a diffrent program for the older or newer games? If so can I have both programs running at the same time on diffrent DNS's?

I am sure the answers are somewhere on here and I am sorry for just asking. But I am a little confused by everything and I am hoping one of you can help me and make it a little simple lol. THank you for all your help :).

ShinyDTS (if I recall correctly) can distribute to both games. You can't give Pokemon from Black/White to the kids without it, naturally. The DTS will give gen5 pkms to gen5 games, and gen4 pkms to gen4 games.

Just be sure you can actually run the DNS server on your network before hand (test it out a bunch). However, there's no way to stop someone from entering the private GTS multiple times to receive clones, or someone else's prize.

If you'd rather not run a DNS service (or can't), you can use Pokecheck to distribute to your IP (granted you have them connect to the same router your computer is connected to in the library). Select the Pokemon, then tell the person to go into the GTS and they'll receive the Pokemon you selected for them. However, they'll have a ribbon tacked on (might be a plus) and they can't be traded on the GTS or used at competitions.