First of all, sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere.
Question: Why does the code generator generate such large codes for 4th gen games compared with 5th gen codes, or pokesav generated codes? (for me at least)
- Trying to generate the codes for diamond/pearl, and I have tried the other 4th gen games to check the file sizes, and get the same sizes.
- The size of the .xml file for 12 pokémon from pokégen in 4th gen is 33 kb.
- The size of the .xml file for 12 pokémon from pokesav in 4th gen is 9 kb.
- The size of the .xml file for 12 pokémon from pokégen in 5th gen is 8 kb
- I can only put one pokémon into my pokémon diamond using the pokégen codes per DS bootup, as trying two seperate codes to get pokémon causes a white screen from too many codes being active.
- I can easily put 12 pokémon in one DS bootup using a pokésav code, and I'm sure I've done this for gen 5 pokégen in the past.
- I'm just guessing here, but one thing I do know is that, in gen4 at least, there was two sizes of pokémon file, one for pokémon in the PC, and one for a pokémon in the party, and that generating pokémon in your party created considerably larger codes, is it possible that the code generator for gen 4 is generating "party pokémon" codes rather than "PC pokémon" codes, again just guessing.
- I don't need the pokémon to look super-legit really, because I'm using them as "rental" pokémon in Pokémon Battle Revolution (like pokémon stadium had rentals), this is why I could just use pokésav, however I love pokégen so much more, so I came on here to be a mithering little douche to ask people for help when they probably have better things to do. :3
Thanks for taking your time to read, and thank you for any responses.
EDIT: I am using pokégen version: 3.0.4
EDITEDIT: Sorry if this should have been posted in the "bugs" sub-forum...
This is definitely not functioning properly. I wasn't aware it was occurring.
Ok, thanks so much for reply! Glad it's not me being derpy as bidoof.
EDIT: By the way, after making this post, I tried an old version of pokégen I had lying around (PokeGen 3.0b21), unfortunately that had the same issue with large codes (only the file size was slightly smaller as that put all the pokémon in one code, rather than separate codes as with later versions of pokégen, therefore the old version had slightly less formatting in the file.)