Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Colosseum Beta/Unreleased Room

Re: Pokemon Colosseum Beta/Unreleased Room

^ Will do as soon as I can get the chance.

You can try NO$, but it's awfully confusing to get it working. But it does indeed work, I was able to do it with my own collection of dumps with Rockman EXE4~6 e-Reader+ Cards.

Contributor - Event Translation ContributorIRC VOPDeveloperGame Save ResearcherFormer StaffEvent Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Nigoli View Post
    ^ Will do as soon as I can get the chance.

You can try NO$, but it's awfully confusing to get it working. But it does indeed work, I was able to do it with my own collection of dumps with Rockman EXE4~6 e-Reader+ Cards.
    No$gba does work great for the e-Reader part, but unless I'm missing something it can't link up with Dolphin. VBA-M however can.

Nigoli,
    You would need a modified Japanese Pokemon Colosseum ISO which would allow it to read US Saves.
    US Retail/Backup of Pokemon Colosseum.
    A modified Nintendo Wii/GC (Wii is the best option) that can run GC Backups.
    Printed out E-Reader Cards for Colosseum Double Battle.
    Than scan the printed Cards into the Completed US Pokemon Colosseum Save being Run on a Japanese Game.
    Save the game.
    Check the US Version.
    In the US Version you SHOULD be able to access the E-Reader Room if saved in the Japanese Game that is modified to save over a US Save.
    go to the receptionist.
    If she says you can battle previous VR trainers without scanning we are successful, extract a GC save for us and bring it over to the forum with a DL Link.
    I meet all these standards except for that damn e-reader + -.-, otherwise I would've done it myself *sigh*

Contributor - Event Translation ContributorIRC VOPDeveloperGame Save ResearcherFormer StaffEvent Contributor

I intentionally left out the save region hacking part because it would be simple enough for you or me to do that after he uploads the Japanese save file. Saves him the trouble.

Speaking of saves, ZoneBoii could you send me the English save you have where you're standing in the e-Reader room? I have a custom-built VBA that I want to test with Dolphin and it would save me some time if I didn't have to go through the entire process myself. Fell free to PM or post the link here, whatever you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Poryhack View Post
    I intentionally left out the save region hacking part because it would be simple enough for you or me to do that after he uploads the Japanese save file. Saves him the trouble.

Speaking of saves, ZoneBoii could you send me the English save you have where you're standing in the e-Reader room? I have a custom-built VBA that I want to test with Dolphin and it would save me some time if I didn't have to go through the entire process myself. Fell free to PM or post the link here, whatever you prefer.
    I just read your post so sorry for the long reply, here you go!
    Download Link

Just uploaded it to my website! Knock yourself out unfortunately my computer is unable to handle VBA-M when it's in Joybus mode, give it a try!

Been playing with VBA all day and I'm sad to say that emulating this appears to be out of the picture, even with a version that supports link and e-reader functionality. It's all up to you Nigoli!

BTW did you see my link to the $55 e-reader+ ZoneBoii?

Yeah I am currently saving up for one, won't be able to purchase right away though . Hopefully we'll be able to get into the Japanese version and see if it does anything on the US version.
    Owner of Pokeinfo.co.nr site for watching Live Pokemon Announcements.
    And a Pokemon News Reporter on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by ZoneBoii View Post
    Sorry it took me long to reply!

Okay to answer your question I had actually modified the Japanese Pokemon Colosseum ISO's Text Strings and Hex Values in HxD.
    You would:
    -Open up the Pokemon Colosseum Japanese ISO in HxD
    -Look for Offset 003A4E90 and Change the Text String GC6J into GC6E
    and do the same for Offset 00000000 and Offset 003A5A90.
    -Burn the ISO onto a disc or whatever.
    -Play it on a modded system that can read burned DVD-R's with a Gamecube Game on it.
    -Make sure your English Copy of Pokemon Colosseum's save has saved at a point after beating the Final Boss.
    -In the Japanese version it will access your English Copies Save file
    -Than go to Phenac City Stadium, walk into the Green Door.
    -Save the Game in the PC in the Card E Room
    -Pop In your English Copy
    -You are now in the Room!

BTW THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH FOR THE DUMPS, I CAN EASILY JUST PRINT OUT THE CARDS, but nowww.... I need a Japanese E-Reader + -.-.
    Does this same method work for modifying the japanese colosseum bonus disk. I'de like to play the game in English, catch and purify all 48 shadow pokemon and then just use a modified Colosseum bonus disk to add Celebi to my US save, load the US game back up and see celebi in my Box.

Also when you say

Quote Originally Posted by ZoneBoii View Post
    Look for Offset 003A4E90 and Change the Text String GC6J into GC6E
    and do the same for Offset 00000000 and Offset 003A5A90.
    how do you want us to do that? By using Search > Goto... or by using Search > Find ?

A quick guide of like 3 or 4 screen shots would make doing this super easy ^_^

This is a good find ZoneBoii. I'm surprised no one has tried connecting the Card Reader e+. Well I was bored and tried it myself, since I own one. I actually brought one 2 years ago to use with F-ZERO: Legend of Falcon (F-ZERO: GP Legend) which allows you to play extra courses.

Anyway, as ZoneBoii has shown, the e-reader features were not removed and the necessary text was translated as well. They have not however made any changes to the Application that gets sent to the GBA. Basically, it is still set up to communicate with the Card Reader e+ and send the data to the device.

I've taken some screenshots, to prove it works.

Here is the message saying the e-reader has been found and is sending the data.

This message on the GBA basically shows the data has been transferred successfully.

Here is the application running, with Japanese text.

Once the application has been sent, you can walk into the tube thing. It need gives you the options to have a Panel Battle or Endless Battle.

If you click on Panel battle, you will get this option, asking you to scan the cards.

Now the fun part is printing out the cards. Unfortunately, I need access to a good printer, which I don't have. However, at my work place, they have an awesome printer. Hopefully next week, I'll get them printed out onto photo glossy card.

The e-reader stores data in vpk format. In the US ISO file, at location 3A2E8A94 is the size of the file and at location 3A2E8A94 is the file that gets transferred. This means we could modify the application to run on the US version. Although I would need to look into that.

For those that are interested, here is the Card Reader e+ save file: http://www.mediafire.com/?2sf5fof5sv6jer3

Card Reader e+ was available in a pack with Doubutsu no Mori e+. Searching for that game will pick up further sources to find one.
    Maybe we could make an Action Replay code to trick the door warp into behaving like Japanese Colosseum?

It's certainly possible the PAL version translated the room's text into each relevant language. Super Mario Advance 4 did that despite hiding world-e after all.

I realize this is 2013, but I'd like to work on this as a project. I have all the supplies besides the Ecard dumps.I have a Japanese Colleseum, Japanese Ereader, and a printer capable of making ecards. I even have a USA ereader, japanese and usa emerald. If any of you still have access to the ereader dumps and are willing too share them, I will share my results.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts View Post
    If any of you still have access to the ereader dumps and are willing too share them, I will share my results.
    I have a backup...here you go!

Wow, this is interesting.. so if scanning the cards works, there would be three "new" English event pokemon? =3

I've recently fought through all of the trainers from the e-cards in the Japanese Colosseum myself.
    So I can confirm that catching the three extra shadow pokemons will increase the total value of pokemons on the save file.

Arg, I failed!
    When I connect e-reader to gamecube and speak to the hostess my e-reader displays that message "Communication Failure".
    I don't know what it means, maybe it's the link cable? Or it's because I use a PAL version?

EDIT: Don't work with PAL Versions but it works US version.
    Does anyone know how do promo cards (2 released and 1 unreleased) work?
    Last edited by jojo12100; Jul 16th, 2013 at 04:26 AM.

So, has anyone caught these so called "unreleased events?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast