Thread: DNS problems?

DNS problems?

Currently I am unable to access site by its URL from 4 different Russian ISPs due to name resolution problems. Google DNS doesn't save the day either. I was able to access site by going to NS tool and finding out the IP from there: http://www.intodns.com/projectpokemon.org (screenshot: http://www.uploadscreenshot.com/image/828300/7531736)

Basically it says there that NS server IPs cannot be looked up. Can you please try to fix it?

Re: DNS problems?

thats because it's Projectpokemon.org

Bananas!
    3DS Friend Code:2251 4916 9588
    Mii name: Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Blast Burn View Post
    thats because it's Projectpokemon.org
    And he ran the utility against projectpokemon.org, not his fault that the DNS records have ns1/ns2.projectpokemon.net set.

Eventsly Staffington Event StaffTranslation ContributorIRC AOPSite ContributorImage ContributorEvent ContributorSuper Moderator Guested's Avatar

For the time being (until administration can sort this out), RoC has a quick fix by editing your HOSTS file

[22:47] <ReignOfComputer> CWindows\system32\drivers\etc
    [22:47] <ReignOfComputer> HOSTS > Open in WordPad
    [22:47] <ReignOfComputer> Add line
    [22:48] <ReignOfComputer> 176.31.117.6 projectpokemon.org

If the site ever moves servers again, you'll have to delete this IP from your HOSTS file.
    But this should get you onto the site in the meantime.
    There may still be some errors with the Event Gallery, though, so you may want to add a line for events.projectpokemon.org as well (same IP).

Project Pokémon Event Gallery
    All the latest Pokémon Event news: Event News Forum
    Pokémon Event Schedule and Contributions: Contribution Thread
    PokeGen - Pokesav replacement

"Now that I've had my coffee..."

Sure, I used /etc/hosts change to get here yesterday - the DNS issue is not going away yet. Any other subdomains that share this IP?

events.projectpokemon.org
    pokegen.projectpokemon.org
    The Global Terminal [PKM Distributions] | Download PokeGen | Find me on ProjectPokemon's IRC
    Windows Phone and 8 Developer | Microsoft Student Partner | Brony :3 | @ReignOfComputer