How to extract multiple (more than one at a time) pkm from HG/SS save file, for import into BW

ryuragnas

Hi all,

I am trying to copy a collection of pokemon from a HeartGold retail save, that I have ripped from my cartridge, and I am confused on how to get them all at once, so I can import them into my White retail save. I have two windows of Pokegen open, one for each save, and I am trying to drag them from the HG to the White save. When I go to save the file, I save it with a different name, but when I either reopen it with Pokegen, or go to play it on my retail cartridge (AFTER copying it back to it with the save manager that is on these forums), the pokemon are not in the game. I am about to verse the E4 on White the second time, and only have one DS.

Is there a way to mass extract the pkm files (ie. all of one box at a time) from my HG, then input them into White?

Regards,

Ryuragnas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

From my own experience, you can use pokesav gen 4 (dont rage yet) to backup entire boxes of pokemon for your hg/ss. Then open pokesav bw (i said dont rage) and go to storage and select import box and just select a whole bunch of pokemon. You can save in different directories to make the job easier. The dragging across methos is too painful.

From my own experience, you can use pokesav gen 4 (dont rage yet) to backup entire boxes of pokemon for your hg/ss. Then open pokesav bw (i said dont rage) and go to storage and select import box and just select a whole bunch of pokemon. You can save in different directories to make the job easier. The dragging across methos is too painful.

Nobody (should) complain if it genuinely has a better method of doing a particular task. The question here becomes "Is Pokesav actually converting the data?", and I'm betting the answer is no. (Not that PokeGen will either by simply doing the drag/drop operation, but at least changing the target game afterward will yield more desirable results, if not exactly what's desired.)