Thread: Problem connecting to Wifi after using downloaded save

Problem connecting to Wifi after using downloaded save

I downloaded a save and successfuly transfered it to my DSi Platinum card, but the problem is that I can't connect to Wi-Fi services cuz I got the save from another person so, how can I find my ORIGINAL Trainer and Secret ID and then connect normaly to WFC? Now I get an error saying that "The user doesn't match your game card" or something like that! Evan do you recieve my pm's at all??
    Last edited by Wazzda; Mar 10th, 2012 at 07:56 AM.

PMD Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherEvent ContributorModeratorSuper Moderator evandixon's Avatar
    An Aperture Science lab near Treasure Town
    Blog Entries

Re: How to Backup/Restore your retail cartridge save file (D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W/Nearly any other DS game)

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzda View Post
    I downloaded a save and successfuly transfered it to my DSi Platinum card, but the problem is that I can't connect to Wi-Fi services cuz I got the save from another person so, how can I find my ORIGINAL Trainer and Secret ID and then connect normaly to WFC? Now I get an error saying that "The user doesn't match your game card" or something like that! Evan do you recieve my pm's at all??
    I'm not sure why that's happening. Are you sure that the save you downloaded is for the same region as your cartridge?

----------
    Moved to its own thread, because it was only halfway relevant to the other one.

Learning to breathe IRC VOPDeveloperGame Save ResearcherModerator codemonkey85's Avatar

Re: Problem connecting to Wifi after using downloaded save

Hate to say it, but "the user" has nothing to do with your trainer ID and / or secret ID. It's about the game cartridge ID and the console ID. You'll have to connect and get a new friend code in order to connect to Nintendo WFC.

Just go downstairs at any Pokémon Center and talk to one of the ladies at the counter.