Connecting an R4 to the Wii... (Pokemon Diamond)

(Forgive me if this is the wrong section for it, I'm really not sure where a thread like this belongs)

I've heard countless times that Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum can't be connected to a Wii if they're on an R4 (i.e. ROMs). But today, I came across this compatibility list that says Wii connectivity works with specific Pokemon Diamond and Pearl ROMs. I have the same Diamond ROM listed there, but I keep getting the white screen of death every time I try connecting my DS to Pokemon Ranch (the option 'Connect to Wii' shows up fine on my DS).

Anyway, none of the versions of Wood firmware load on my flashcart--or at least, the version for clones (specifically R4 SDHC) won't load my Pokemon Diamond save (which I need for Pokemon Ranch), but it loads Pokemon Black with my old save. Huh. So I'm wondering, has anyone ever successfully connected an R4 Diamond/Pearl game to the Wii with Wood v1.23 or a Wood firmware for clones? Thanks.

I too have this problem, my R4 did not work with Ranch. Haven't tried with my Supercard DStwo but my Wii is buried somewhere.

I think it's best you try and restore a save to a retail cartridge using something like the NDS+.

Even with Wood Firmware? Do you have a clone R4 or an actual R4? Yeah, I know but I really can't get my hands on a legit cart right now. D: Oh well.

Okay, so this is what happened when I managed to successfully connect my R4SDHC (Wood for Clones) with Pokemon Ranch:

-I went into my Ranch boxes ("Withdraw Pokemon") and checked each Pokemon, but their cries were muted while the box operation sounds weren't (I could hear the little sound the game makes when you do something inside a box, but when I checked a Pokemon's Summary I didn't hear the Pokemon's cry)

-However, when I went into "Deposit Pokemon" and checked the Pokemon there, their cries weren't muted (normal box behaviour).

Then, I proceeded to withdraw a Pokemon from my Ranch, a level 10 Pichu. It took the Pokemon out like normal, saved the game automatically and shut my DS down. I started up my Diamond again, looked in every box for the Pichu, and it wasn't there! It had disappeared from Pokemon Ranch as well. Where did my Pichu go :(

So I guess I'm better off sticking to an original cart... ahh, this sucks.

Did you have your TV volume on? If I remember correctly, the when you are looking at Pokemon that are currently in the Ranch, the cries come out of the TV, not the DS.

Not sure why your Pichu disappeared. Do you have more than one Diamond game on your R4?

I'm using a CycloDS Evo and have no problems with Ranch.

Did you have your TV volume on? If I remember correctly, the when you are looking at Pokemon that are currently in the Ranch, the cries come out of the TV, not the DS.

Not sure why your Pichu disappeared. Do you have more than one Diamond game on your R4?

I'm using a CycloDS Evo and have no problems with Ranch.

Oh wow, really? I did have my volume muted on my TV. xD Thanks for enlightening me.

I only have 1 Diamond game on my R4 (which I hacked with PokeSav to change the Trainer + Secret ID so I could take Pokemon out of Ranch). I have no idea why or how it disappeared. D: Everything was going so smoothly too...