View Poll Results: Whic major feature would you like to see added next?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Item editing

10 25.64%
  • Mystery Gift support

20 51.28%
  • More options for customizing the program

4 10.26%
  • Other (Post and explain.)

5 12.82%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Next major feature

Re: Next major feature

My vote is for Mystery Gift simply because I think there's greater room for user error than simply editing items in. People still seem to be struggling with MGE, and a more reliable method for extracting and importing Wonder Cards with less chance of screwing up would be wonderful.

PokeGen Creator - Retired DeveloperFormer Staff

24 hours on a weekend and 6 votes. Sigh.

I agree with GunblazeGriffin so MG Editing gets my vote

I vote for Mystery Gift support.
    Personally, when I want to edit items, I just edit a current Pokémon and give them the item I want and then take it off.

I vote for Mystery Gift editing as long as the AR codes work for USA Games I hate the fact both MGE and Pokesav has no AR support for Gen 5 I have both programs and it hurts not being able to use AR Codes a lot of times
    Leader of Team Mythology

Let's get this back to the top. I'm sure if I stickied it, it'd get looked at even less.

Eventsly Staffington Event StaffTranslation ContributorIRC AOPSite ContributorImage ContributorEvent ContributorSuper Moderator Guested's Avatar

(Just do both)

Project Pokémon Event Gallery
    All the latest Pokémon Event news: Event News Forum
    Pokémon Event Schedule and Contributions: Contribution Thread
    PokeGen - Pokesav replacement

"Now that I've had my coffee..."

Quote Originally Posted by Guested View Post
    Just do both
    That's easy to say when you're not doing the work!

It's definitely going to be Mystery Gift support next. However, I've decided that for now, it's only going to be for inserting them into save files and generating codes for them, not editing of the data. I don't see the point in editing them.

Eventsly Staffington Event StaffTranslation ContributorIRC AOPSite ContributorImage ContributorEvent ContributorSuper Moderator Guested's Avatar

And extracting????

Project Pokémon Event Gallery
    All the latest Pokémon Event news: Event News Forum
    Pokémon Event Schedule and Contributions: Contribution Thread
    PokeGen - Pokesav replacement

"Now that I've had my coffee..."

Yes, that's effortless as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ReignOfComputer View Post
    I believe PokeSav AR export only works for JPN games, actually. The translated version didn't change the code values so yeah, they don't work with our games.

Grovyle's MGE, IMO, is awesome for 4th Gen. A lot of additional options and apparent bugs here and there, IIRC, made the 5th Gen one unusable to me, which is why I'm currently using PokeStock. Wish Grovyle would come back and continue his project, it really is an awesome tool.
    The BW Poksav's AR export works on US/EU games just fine as I've used before myself. The only exception, as far as I know, is the generated Mystery Gift codes when it comes to using real ARDSi hardware. The generated codes are so large that the ARDSi hardware can't handle them. However, the MG codes generated by the BW Pokesav do work on emulators/flashcarts as far as I know.
    You're never too old to play video games!!

Mystery Gift support is nearing completion (probably a few days), however, something disappointing has been discovered. It's fairly unlikely that it'll be possible to generate codes for generation 5 Wonder Cards. This is because the data is encrypted, and the AR hardware doesn't provide a means of performing the necessary calculations to encrypt it via codes. There are some pretty "hacky" ways to potentially do it, which I'll be looking into, but I'm not optimistic. It's also possible that the data is stored unencrypted somewhere that's actually re-copied to the save file before a save occurs. If such a place exists, that would make the process easy, but I don't know yet.

Edit: Attempts to find a place in memory where the data is unencrypted and copied to the save file have failed.

Edit2: After way, way too much time, a hacky solution has been successful. Code support will be possible for Black/White.
    Last edited by Codr; Mar 2nd, 2012 at 11:27 PM.

Would you mind explaining how would your 'hack' work? Some codes, like shiny encounter one that froze RNG back in RSE times, may affect other in-game things after all.

It's possible that there could be some unintended effects from the code, but I'm quite sure there won't be any problems. Regardless, should anything be reported, it's not like it can't be fixed.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast