Next major feature

Codr

Whic major feature would you like to see added next?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Whic major feature would you like to see added next?

• Item editing
    • Mystery Gift support
    • More options for customizing the program
    • Other (Post and explain.)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Items! It's the only thing that still keeps people on Pokesav.

Doesn't the Black/White one also have Mystery Gift support...? I know generation 4 does.

Oh, MG support DEFINITELY. With AR export :P

Anything that's added would get added to the code generator, if applicable.

Yeah, but I mean we also have Pokémon Mystery Gift Editor for that, right?

The same can be said of Pokesav for items. My point is that I'm betting people use Pokesav for the Mystery Gift portion too, despite Grovyle's program existing.

Well, MGE and PokeSav have MG support but PokeSav has a faulty AR export and MGE has none at all, so PokeGen having it will be beast.

I think I was vaguely aware that Pokesav's had problems, but I didn't know for sure. That's sad, especially after this much time and it being such a simple problem.

Not to mention far more user friendly, I believe, since PokeGen's UI is generally user friendly.

I think Grovyle did a good enough job with his. Mine would be different, but I'm not sure there's much to improve upon.

I believe PokeSav AR export only works for JPN games, actually. The translated version didn't change the code values so yeah, they don't work with our games.

Grovyle's MGE, IMO, is awesome for 4th Gen. A lot of additional options and apparent bugs here and there, IIRC, made the 5th Gen one unusable to me, which is why I'm currently using PokeStock. Wish Grovyle would come back and continue his project, it really is an awesome tool.

A lot of additional options and apparent bugs here and there, IIRC, made the 5th Gen one unusable to me

Can you elaborate on this? I don't use it, and never have.

Wish Grovyle would come back and continue his project, it really is an awesome tool.

Are you saying you'd prefer it even if I added support? (If his were more functional, I mean.)

Well, when he first released the 5th Gen version, there was an issue that affected Bond697 and I where an extra ribbon from previous gift data would remain, so the output Pokemon was hacked. IIRC this has already been fixed. Then there are those bugs where the program just doesn't work for some people, e.g. program doesn't launch.

I'd actually prefer using PokeGen, if I don't require any functions that are in MGE or if the functions are on par. This is because PokeGen has all the functions in a tab format or easily accessible within 2 clicks at most, this makes it very user friendly, etc. Not to mention it's a shortcut on my Quick Launch, lol.

I'm personally leaning toward Mystery Gift editing. I have a feeling I'm the one that's going to have to decide, because people don't really seem to watch the forums very much.

Edit: Item editing isn't that much to add, really. I may just do both, but I obviously need one to start with.

I vote for Mystery Gift support.

Personally, when I want to edit items, I just edit a current Pokémon and give them the item I want and then take it off.

It's definitely going to be Mystery Gift support next. However, I've decided that for now, it's only going to be for inserting them into save files and generating codes for them, not editing of the data. I don't see the point in editing them.