Accessing Saved Game Files and Transferring Pokemon Over To The DS....

Mr.Chansey

Alright, I've been reading all over the forums and really didn't see if these two things have been asked/talked about yet. The one big thing I'm wondering is if it is better off for me to start up a game of PW on DeS and then transfer my pokemon there and then to my DS, or should I just use pokemongts and transfer them that way? I know that'll be still transferring them one-by-one either way, but I just don't really see a way to transferring a decent amount that I've made all at the same time. If this has been talked about already please just link me in the direction of the post and I'll gladly appreciate it. I'm also wondering if it is at all possible to to plug my SD card from my 3DS and find my .sav that way? Thanks in advance for the help!

You can't use the SD card on your 3DS first off. The best way to do this would to use any method listed here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?16601-How-to-Backup-Restore-your-retail-cartridge-save-file-(D-P-Pt-HG-SS-B-W-Nearly-any-other-DS-game)

However, you may not have or be willing to buy the hardware. In that case, you could use the Pokemon GTS, even though it may be tedious.

I understand how to use Pokemon GTS but the bigger issue that I'm having is when I use PokeGen to create a full party+a full box I go to save it and when I open it again it doesn't keep all my Pokemon that I had created. Am I saving it wrong because I go in and save it as the non-encrypted party 220 byte one. Is there another method that I have to do or am I doing it right?

Am I saving it wrong because I go in and save it as the non-encrypted party 220 byte one. Is there another method that I have to do or am I doing it right?

That is merely saving the single pokemon currently in the tab/edit area as a party-format pkm file. Is that what you intended to do? Because you would need to do that with EACH pokemon to save each pokemon.