Lucky egg not working on Pokémon HeartGold version.

Cocosenpai

Hello everyone.

I'm new in the forums, but I have read some of your posts. Particulary I'm on a problem with something I've just noticed.

I was playing my original HeartGold version after whole months of not playing, I started playing again to attempt training some IV'EV pokemons. I attached a lucky egg to a pokerus'ed lv. 25 shedinja after the EV training and I noticed that I wasn't obtaining an exp boost after each battle. I put the lucky egg to another pokemon (pokerus cured) lv. 78 Quagsire and the story was the same. Thought it could be a pokerus related issue, so I deposited the infected pokes and tried again, with same results.

I had the idea to test if at least traded pokemon can get the boost exp and tested, they did and also put on them a Lucky Egg and they got the 2x boosted experiencie points (for being traded over my version and having a lucky egg held). Once more I put the LE on my usual pokemon and still didn't work.

At this point I have to mention that neither I have access to Pokegen, nor to Action Replay, but I have used PokeCheck to search for close-to-legal or supposedly-legal pokemons, event pokemon and IV checking; the only 2 LE's I've got are from hunting down Chanseys via swarm.

I don't know what is happening but I'm seriously thinking on throw away my lucky eggs and getting some new ones, these seems to have rotten :P

I looked for any related post on Project Pokémon and it seems is new around here, as well I hope this post is on the right forum.

Thank you in advance for reading and infinite thanks if you have the chance to reply.

EDIT: New tests, it seems only in Pokémon BW you receive the legend "get a boosted", but not in HGSS. All right, you can close this topic.

P.S.: English is not my native language, excuse me if it's not right written.

Edited by Cocosenpai