PKM <=> Plain Text?

Antar

I've got this project mulling about in my brain right now: Challenge Cup for Wi-Fi. Basically, if you're familiar with Pokemon Online, there's an option to have what are called Challenge Cup battles, in which teams are completely randomly generated, from pokemon to their moves to their IVs and EVs. It's basically like Pokedex Roulette, but even MORE random (there's also cool stuff like level balancing to make things a *little* more fair).

The PO code is publicly available, so it looks to be a relatively simple matter to generate the random teams, and from there, battlers could conceivably open up Pokesav and enter everything manually.

But what I'd like to do instead is have the program generate six pkm files that can then be loaded into Pokesav.

From playing around in hexedit, the pkm file structure seems *relatively* straightforward, and I could conceivably figure out how to parse it on my own, but if one of you has already done this and could lend me your code, it would be a HUGE help.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Okay, I just found this. It should be a huge help. But again, if someone's already written similar code, it would be nice not to have to duplicate their work. Also, it appears to be only for DPPt.

Edit 2: If I can reverse-engineer Infinite Recursion's stats.py from IR-GTS-BW, that might be the way to go. I'm not looking for pokemon that pass hack checks--I plan on putting every one in a Cherish Ball be from "Faraway Place."

Edit 3: I actually accomplished this, although I never actually ended up writing to / reading from an intermediate plaintext file (though it would be trivial to adapt my code to do so).

Edited by Antar