Pokemon Names

Skyblade

Is anyone else sick of the fact that the default Pokemon names are ALWAYS IN ALL CAPS? Characters finally have lower case letters in their names (we won't be fighting the League Champion LANCE in HG/SS), but the Pokemon are still spelled in all caps. Why? Is Game Freak unwilling to admit that it was a stupid translation decision and that having two Pokedexes that don't match up perfectly is a small sacrifice for fixing this annoyance? No one likes the capitalized names. No one uses them. Capitalize the first letter like everyone else in the world and move on, Game Freak!

Seriously, how many times have you heard someone brag about their awesome SCIZOR?

Ugh is that the end of rant, i don't see it being such a nonsense, or a problem, it's just there, and i don't think it improves anything, and there Pokemon, that can make grass slash you, or some how make their small little tail into something that is hard as steel, or create a blizzard out of nowhere, so i believe it's safe to say that they deserve all uppercase capitals in their name, and maybe Gamefreak thought it looked cool. :D

I'm okay with it, but honestly I think giving it normal names would be for the best. Like I said, I have no problem with the names, but it would be better due to the fact that in the anime they use normal names. I don't get why they get special capital names when the character's names have been set to normal. It's just confusing.

Eh, I usually come up with nicknames for my Pokemon so I don't need to see the caps.

Names are probably in caps to make it look important. Like the way nearly every sentence is ended with "!" in battle.

Emphasis, Nintendo. Too... much... emphasis. :/

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
Well in Black and White everything is in Normal case, even the Pokemon themselves!

Thank Gods for this.

Also, un-nicknamed Pokemon you send over from 4th gen games keep the all-caps species names unless they evolve, in which case they go back to normal case.