Program: PKMDS Checksum Fixer

codemonkey85

Just as an FYI to all those out there, this project is long dead. You can see my new stuff here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?20984-PKMDS-Code-Library-Gen-V

Hello once again!

I have written a small application to fix the checksums in the save files for Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl. Platinum support is on the way.

This program is for Windows only. Please note that you need the latest .Net framework (3.5 SP1) for this application to run.

The primary purpose of this application is to allow people to futz around with the hex in a save file, fix the checksums with this program, and then be able to load the altered data without the game interfering due to corrupted data.

If there are any problems or questions, let me know!

CHANGES:

5-27-09: Added a viewer and copier for the Trainer Card signature in the loaded save file. Huzzah! And thanks to Jiggy-Ninja for deciphering the data structure.

PKMDS_Checksum_Fixer.zip

PKMDS_Checksum_Fixer.zip

Edited by codemonkey85

No, but to be honest it wouldn't be that difficult, as I already have (and posted) the code. ;P

I just made this because it was useful for mapping out save files. If there's much demand for the program to fix .pkm checksums too, then I'll toss it on there.

No, but to be honest it wouldn't be that difficult, as I already have (and posted) the code. ;P

I just made this because it was useful for mapping out save files. If there's much demand for the program to fix .pkm checksums too, then I'll toss it on there.

Sabresite made a program called Pokemon TrashByte Normalizer from what I seen it works perfectly fine. Unless something new was discovered that made the checksums invald for the .pkm file for legality or something.

Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U1PAA6C6

yeah, for pokemon's checksum ... you can always use legality checker ..

drop your PKM there and see the checksum .. if it is invalid , then just change the checksum like the one shown in the legality checker ^^

anyway , thx for the program , codemonkey ..

your program will make pokesav .. "almost" useless =_= ... except for editing the pokemon and saving it into .BIN file or converting the .BIN to .PKM which is easily understandable =_=

your program will make pokesav .. "almost" useless =_= ... except for editing the pokemon and saving it into .BIN file or converting the .BIN to .PKM which is easily understandable =_=

Just FYI, because of the way I have restructured my code, it's actually ridiculously easy to save any part of the save file (that is mapped out), including individual save blocks, individual Pokémon, or even individual Pokémon data blocks as an external file. I may implement some degree of that at some point.

But my program will never aim to edit files in the same manner as Pokesav, or even PokéMod for that matter. It was never really intended to. Besides, PokéMod will overshadow everything I accomplish in life (Sabre: ;)).

But my program will never aim to edit files in the same manner as Pokesav, or even PokéMod for that matter.

I think you got it backwards. It should be it will not aim to edit files in the same manner as Pokemon or even Pokesav for that matter. Pokesav is inferior (err will be) so it gets the "or even".

Actually, while I completely agree with that assessment of both Pokesav and PokéMod, I meant "or even" as it won't be as much of an upgrade to Pokesav as PokéMod is. But I can see where that got confused, especially since it no longer makes sense to me.

And anyway, I feel like I made my point with the last sentence in my post.

• 2 weeks later...