Issues with installing NDS Adapter+ on Win7 64-bit desktop

Dreamstalker

My main computer is a 64-bit AMD rig with Win7 Home Premium 64-bit, if that helps. The software will launch, but all the buttons are grayed out and the computer doesn't seem to be detecting the adapter itself (it's not finding the setup files I point Windows to either). I've tried what EMS suggests including the driver signature override program and nothing seems to work.

Yup, I'm using the 64-bit drivers and have signed the files using the driver signature override program. The driver folder is unzipped on my desktop. Where it fails is having to force Windows to see the drivers through Device Manager (it doesn't even detect the adapter as a USB device, everything else plugged into the port functions fine and the adapter is receiving power); it's telling me that the drivers don't exist in the folder.

It only shows up in Device Manager as "unknown device".

I've signed the 64-bit drivers using the override program and am running Windows in Test Mode, each file had an additional radio button under Properties that said "This file has come from another computer and might have been blocked to protect your computer [thank you M$ for deciding what I want to install -_-]. Unblock Y/N" (Y). I thought that would fix it, but no go. I use Comodo antivirus and it's been disabled from the start.

ETA: Go figure, it installed perfectly on my Vista laptop (interestingly, my antivirus was enabled throughout and it never made a peep)...I guess I have to keep that OS around just to use the adapter at least until I figure this one out.

Edited by Dreamstalker