Pokemon Colosseum/XD Legal Checking Tools

Bond697

This will run the RNG forward and backward, check a poke's PID/IVs for the proper relationship, or list compatible PIDs for given IVs:

http://pokemon.thundaga.com/research/apps/pokegc_13.exe

http://pokemon.thundaga.com/research/apps/pokegc_13_src.7z

e: the source isn't great because it was ripped out of another project, but it works and is fairly readable.

This is the proper version of shaym.in, fully restored from its butchering:

http://hack.thundaga.com/doc.html

e:

or have a look at ToastPlusOne's awesome web app:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18231634/PokemonWebApps/Pages/XDLegit.html

It's lightweight and is currently in development to cover as much as possible with regards to Colo/XD.

Edited by Bond697

not exactly; it's just reporting the first pid seed. i just checked. all i did was reverse what kaphotics did to it, anyway. apparently he didn't bother changing that part from the original shaym.in. it lists the first pid seed, as though it was creating a gen 3/4 poke. that's easy enough to change, though.

not that it really matters, i suppose. the other apps are more useful anyway.

Here was the original modification I used, in which that legal check was then further modified off of.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/xdpid.html

(last modified 9/23/2011 @ 7pm PST)

This was before I figured out how the ability was determined, might just add that in tonight (ref: iv2/2147483648). The butchering was to prevent a small time scriptkiddie from reversing whatever changes I did to get back to the original (as in, to get a PID/IV generator to cheat). Now that these other generation tools are out, I don't care anymore. We have a list of who actually can RNG on the GC in addition to all results; it's incredibly short. We can see what Pokemon were actually RNG'd, instead of created.

Pokecheck recently got the (Common GC) method implemented, so all previously existing uploads can be verified that way.

There's still another layer of legality (akin to sabresite's sync (j/k) check) which reduces the probability of a spread occurring by a factor of ~(1/25). I know how to implement a rough check and will do it tonight as well. The limiting nature lock depends on the trainer you are battling.

ref(pid2^-7rev / 65536 _ for1/65536 .. mod 25; lookup display || pid2^-14rev/65536 _ for1/65536 .. mod 25; lookup display)

covers 1&2 nongap nature check

Here was the original modification I used, in which that legal check was then further modified off of.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/xdpid.html

(last modified 9/23/2011 @ 7pm PST)

this is just you straight out lying to cover your ass. as of less than 48 hours ago, it looked like this:

http://img.thundaga.com/c.png

you ripped everything off. not the first time.

This was before I figured out how the ability was determined, might just add that in tonight (ref: iv2/2147483648). The butchering was to prevent a small time scriptkiddie from reversing whatever changes I did to get back to the original (as in, to get a PID/IV generator to cheat). Now that these other generation tools are out, I don't care anymore. We have a list of who actually can RNG on the GC in addition to all results; it's incredibly short. We can see what Pokemon were actually RNG'd, instead of created.

such a lame excuse and that list of people is worthless.

i'm sure this was also to stop scriptkiddies, right?

// This calculator is a modified version of Alex Smith's Method 1/J/K PIDIV calculator. It may only be used by Kaphotics' Dropbox.
// http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/RNG/xdc-legal.html
// If this is uploaded to another site, then you are an asshole and a good for nothing. I will hunt you down.

there's your original credit to the author. buried in the middle of the source.

There's still another layer of legality (akin to sabresite's sync (j/k) check) which reduces the probability of a spread occurring by a factor of ~(1/25). I know how to implement this and will do it tonight as well.

ref(pid2^-7rev / 65536 _ for1/65536 .. mod 25; lookup display || pid2^-14rev/65536 _ for1/65536 .. mod 25; lookup display)

covers 1&2 nongap nature check

akin? no, it's the same thing as the one in gen 3, pretty much. it looks for a specific nature.

SEOSX.png

As you can see, the (previously private) full tool was in a different directory to prevent people from fusking it out.

8FKBW.png

I rigged up a PID/IV generator heavily based on Method 1/J/K IV/Stat/Legality Checker that will allow me to do GC PID's (XD/Colo/GC Events). No plans on sharing with the public.

it's 99% someone elses, all I did was mod it. I cut off the bottom with the credits:

99.9999% based off of Alex Smith's Method 1/J/K PIDIV calculator. I essentially took the original source and edited the LCRNG and call structure to output GameCube PID/IVs. -- Kaphotics

It's javascript!

I'm at togepi in outskirt sand, but with a midterm tomorrow. So I'm not even close to any other decent mons.

src

I never ended up doing those Duskull. Some may see that as attention whoring, but it was hype building to get more people interested. It worked, and since there are more people interested there's more R&D.

nice try ;)

Except that specific nature is by no means directly related the the shadow Pokemon's nature, and is different between games and trainers based on the locked nature.

that proves literally nothing. on 9/23, it was this:

and didn't change from that until you got called on it. you deleted it on 9/28, which is the day you also deleted your thread.

nice try.

e: and what you're saying now is partially nonsensical and makes no difference.

oh, and wow, i missed that "source" pic. here's another one from the research thread:

http://img.thundaga.com/page32.png

there's what you posted in the research thread. way to go.

Edited by Bond697

This isn't a thread to be arguing in.

Tools were modified, and I was toying with another version to reduce the information given out. During the 'obfuscation' I deleted a massive chunk of the flavor text (because that wouldn't convert). I hastily put it out, because people were pestering me on multiple forums. That source tag was mainly just to identify if anyone else re-uploaded it to their own site, cuz why the hell not lol.

I don't see you crediting OmegaDonut or myself in your tools, which is ironic. If you would kindly fuck off, it's Pokemon, nobody makes money from this and the work everyone does is for free. Don't be a drama queen.

which is why you started it, right? you didn't change a damn thing for 6 days until you got called out for it and then the page magically disappeared right after. could you be more full of shit?

and no, no credit. i could make quite a list of everything you've managed to rip off and claim as your own. starting from last november.

it's amazing that you're trying to insinuate that i'm trying to start something here when all i'm doing is calling you out for bullshit you've been pulling for a year. that's right it's free and shaym.in took a lot of work and all you did is rip it off and misrepresent it as yours.

this is like your 7th "retirement". the first 6 didn't net you enough attention, so you're trying again i see. i give it 48 hours.

e:

synGuest310 (~43b41e43@synIRC-B1AE3547.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #smogonwifi

called it. less than 24 hours this time.

Edited by Bond697

I don't see you crediting OmegaDonut or myself in your tools, which is ironic.

Bond isn't copying completed source code and presenting it as if he created it.

If you would kindly fuck off, it's Pokemon, nobody makes money from this and the work everyone does is for free. Don't be a drama queen.

So because it's free, there has to be no respect for someone's time and effort? Also, the argument "it's free, it's ok" is pretty easy to interpret as expressing guilt.

This drama is stupid seriously. But, I will say that, from my perspective, Kaph made it clear shaym.in wasn't his, both in the link he gave me and in his posts regarding it. I would dig up quotes but I don't think I need bother.

But enough on the source code as I'm uninvolved. The "list" is an excellent idea in my opinion, and Bond, I don't see why you would doubt its effectiveness. As a member on the list myself, one which does not seem to represent an "elite" group but rather those who know slight more about RNG in general, I fully support this measure to moderate hacking. Obviously it would only work on Smogon because no other place is strict enough.

This drama is stupid seriously. But, I will say that, from my perspective, Kaph made it clear shaym.in wasn't his, both in the link he gave me and in his posts regarding it. I would dig up quotes but I don't think I need bother.

But enough on the source code as I'm uninvolved. The "list" is an excellent idea in my opinion, and Bond, I don't see why you would doubt its effectiveness. As a member on the list myself, one which does not seem to represent an "elite" group but rather those who know slight more about RNG in general, I fully support this measure to moderate hacking. Obviously it would only work on Smogon because no other place is strict enough.

you are completely external to this and are absolutely clueless as to what you're talking about.

and not that i need to, but:

yes, very clear. removing the author's name and copyright is very clear as to what is being implied.

and if you honestly think a list of people like that is a good thing, there's nothing to talk about. actually, the irony here is that the person who wants this list and is so "concerned" about hacking is the one who literally wrote a guide on how to hack seeds in gen 3 and "rng" stuff using that. then he gave it out to some little circle of his. he then tried to cover it up when it got leaked to people outside his little group. it's really beyond hypocritical.

Oh please.

No, he did not. I've seen that app every day since it was first put up, and he did not add the disclaimer until Bond called him out on it yesterday.

The "list" is an excellent idea in my opinion, and Bond, I don't see why you would doubt its effectiveness. As a member on the list myself, one which does not seem to represent an "elite" group but rather those who know slight more about RNG in general, I fully support this measure to moderate hacking. Obviously it would only work on Smogon because no other place is strict enough.

No, it's a stupid idea. Pokemon don't just circulate on Smogon; they often come from other forums, where guess what? People can RNG! And even if they do it legitimately, they'll be marked as hackers because they're not on a list they weren't even aware of.

Not everyone who can/will learn to abuse gc is on smogon. Kindly remove your head from those idealistic clouds.

As for the whole credit thing, I'm just saying what I saw. Yes, I'm external to it, but he did say:

I rigged up a PID/IV generator heavily based on Method 1/J/K IV/Stat/Legality Checker that will allow me to do GC PID's (XD/Colo/GC Events). No plans on sharing with the public.

That's clear enough for me.

People can RNG! And even if they do it legitimately, they'll be marked as hackers because they're not on a list they weren't even aware of.

You're really not getting the point (or I'm reading this wrong.) Yeah they can, but Smogon's strict enough to differentiate the hackers from those who aren't (how besides what they already do? well, the list.) And as I said, the list is not an elite group; the way I see it (which is what matters as things haven't been fully set up yet,) it's that it's proof you can RNG and you're in. Not on Smogon? Well, there's more hacks out there anyway.

Besides, people can choose whether or not to pay attention to the list. If you're in the list, it's simply a mark that you (at least very likely) get your stuff legitly.

EDIT: Missed this

actually, the irony here is that the person who wants this list and is so "concerned" about hacking is the one who literally wrote a guide on how to hack seeds in gen 3 and "rng" stuff using that.

That's a completely different matter honestly. RAM hacking for RNG purposes is a subject of controversy and in the opinions of some it is not "hacking the Pokémon." I'm not going to follow any side argument about this any further.

As for the whole credit thing, I'm just saying what I saw. Yes, I'm external to it, but he did say:

That's clear enough for me.

you can't really be that dense.

and no, it's not. the person who wants this list to exist has proven multiple times he has no problem with hacking stuff. the list is to prevent hacking. it doesn't take a genius to see the irony.

e: not to mention, anyone on this ridiculous list can hack stuff anyway. you really can't know what you're getting from them. it's not like there's any shortage of info or code examples.

To be back on the topic of the xD RNG I would like to point out that it does not cover all the colo/XD Pokémon.

For instance, all Poké Spots Pokémon on xD do not use this method. I tried looking at surrounding PID frames on the reverse RNG but did not find anything obvious (like a swapped/skipped frame).

This probably deserves some investigation. Here are some examples:

Also, to those who say the Ageto disc is figured out, they are forgetting that there are two kind of Celebi: the one written directly to the Colosseum save file and the 50 you can subsequently transfer to the game boy directly. Only the second uses the comon GC method.

The Ageto Pikatchu also is not fully figured out yet.

you can't really be that dense.

and no, it's not. the person who wants this list to exist has proven multiple times he has no problem with hacking stuff. the list is to prevent hacking. it doesn't take a genius to see the irony.

Now I see what Kaph meant; it seems to me you're just raging at whatever Kaph appears to do wrong and whoever doesn't blindly agree with you. Give me proof I'm really "that dense" to not ignore what he said.

And seriously? I don't care what he's said about hacking in the past, but Kaph made it clear that he wanted this program kept secret. What matters here isn't really where credit should be given; it's that you pulled the rug right out from under Kaph when he trusted you to not redistribute the program. The PID/IV calculator for Method 1/J/K was made public right away, allowing for tons of legal hacks. The community had the chance to keep people from hacking xD Pokes until you came along. The list is a less effective measure that he had to suggest because legal hacks can be made now.

Now I see what Kaph meant; it seems to me you're just raging at whatever Kaph appears to do wrong and whoever doesn't blindly agree with you. Give me proof I'm really "that dense" to not ignore what he said.

And seriously? I don't care what he's said about hacking in the past, but Kaph made it clear that he wanted this program kept secret. What matters here isn't really where credit should be given; it's that you pulled the rug right out from under Kaph when he trusted you to not redistribute the program. The PID/IV calculator for Method 1/J/K was made public right away, allowing for tons of legal hacks. The community had the chance to keep people from hacking xD Pokes until you came along. The list is a less effective measure that he had to suggest because legal hacks can be made now.

guess what? secrecy and "dangerous" info are incredibly stupid. information and openness so people can educate themselves are the way to go. if he hadn't blatantly stolen something and then taken it and tried to keep parts of an open project secret, nothing would have happened.

also, wtf is wrong with you? proof, again:

there, done.

He took something and modified it because it was easier and faster than building one from scratch. That's reason enough for me.

And there's a difference between arguing and raging which you somehow fail to see. Just as you drove Kaph away rather than reaching a conclusion, you've driven me away. Not posting in this thread again about this issue. I'd like to see you try to say what you're saying now on Smogon.

And proof:

-Legal-Checking-Tools&p=135973&viewfull=1#post135973'>http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?17961-Pokemon-Colosseum-xD-Legal-Checking-Tools&p=135973&viewfull=1#post135973

"Done."

He took something and modified it because it was easier and faster than building one from scratch. That's reason enough for me.

And there's a difference between arguing and raging which you somehow fail to see. Just as you drove Kaph away rather than reaching a conclusion, you've driven me away. Not posting in this thread again about this issue. I'd like to see you try to say what you're saying now on Smogon.

And proof:

-Legal-Checking-Tools&p=135973&viewfull=1#post135973'>http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?17961-Pokemon-Colosseum-xD-Legal-Checking-Tools&p=135973&viewfull=1#post135973

Done.

the program in the first post took an hour at most. i took a half hour last night and added more stuff to it. he easily could have made something himself, but he chose not to. he could have left all the copyright info and author's identity on there. he chose not to. he could have changed as little as possible and out that up clearly labelled, etc. he chose not to. i don't think i need to continue. it's pretty obvious.

and great job linking to a random post as "proof" of.. something?

You're really not getting the point (or I'm reading this wrong.) Yeah they can, but Smogon's strict enough to differentiate the hackers from those who aren't (how besides what they already do? well, the list.) And as I said, the list is not an elite group; the way I see it (which is what matters as things haven't been fully set up yet,) it's that it's proof you can RNG and you're in. Not on Smogon? Well, there's more hacks out there anyway.

Besides, people can choose whether or not to pay attention to the list. If you're in the list, it's simply a mark that you (at least very likely) get your stuff legitly.

So... you're saying that with the assumption that everything on smogon is wholly clean and legit, and everything not on smogon is obviously a hack.

I didn't think anyone could really be that ignorant. Not a chance.

That's a completely different matter honestly. RAM hacking for RNG purposes is a subject of controversy and in the opinions of some it is not "hacking the Pokémon." I'm not going to follow any side argument about this any further.

.. Do you even know how it works? If you did, you would definitely not say that.

He took something and modified it because it was easier and faster than building one from scratch.

That's fine....

... as long as you give proper credit, and don't, via the lack thereof, mislead people to think you wrote the entire thing.