Is there a pokemon MMORPG??

dragonmaster005

It could be a lot of fun but it might be pretty challenging to actually make it work.

First thing would be if there is enough intrest for people playing a Pokémon MMORPG.

General public that the Pokémon games are aimed towards are young kids.

And the general public that are playing a MMORPG is a bit older then that.

However I would love to see the entire Pokémon World into one game where you can select what starting city you start out and progress from there. Any part of the game you would be able to travel to another region and do battles there.

You would not need to finish one region to be able to visit another region just as many trainers do in the cartoon.

Ofcourse if you would wish to take part at the Pokémon League you would need to meet the requirements of that region. Or was it that you just needed 8 badges from any gym in the world to be able to compete? I cannot remember..

The Orange islands and other zones that were shown in the cartoons should also be available.

A idea about the Gym system would be is that you actually would need to level up high enough so that you can challenge a Gym Leader. If you do not meet the requirements then you would not be able to challenge him just yet.

Questing will be ofcourse part of the game and will effect the things that you are able to do in the game.

Another thing would be that you would be able to define what kind of player you are. If you do not like to fight with Pokémon trainers then you do not have to do so. You can take part of beauty contests and have fun there and earn ribbons and that would be just fine.

A Pokémon MMORPG would have a lot of potential, but it would need a lot of work in order to make it actually into a succesfull MMORPG.

With the game there could be a a physical Digitial Pokémon Trainer Card that you could use in the real world for various things as such visiting Pokémon Tournaments to do battles with your Pokémon or even use it at events to obtain Pokémon/Goodies ect.

I would like to hear more ideas of people of how a Pokémon MMORPG should look like.

Ofcourse the Pokémon MMORPG would be running on the Nintendo Wii and not on a PC.

Another concern I have with a Pokémon MMORPG is the endgame. If people would reach the top level and obtain every Pokémon there is rather quickly would there still be enough to do to login atleast a few times a week to play the game?

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

First of all your character itself.

You would be able to customize the way your trainer looks going from skin color, eye color, hair color and style to body size and ofcourse gender.

They could possible determine the body size of your character on how old you are. So that if girls would get older there breasts grow. It does sound kinky but hey.. cannot have breast customization into a game kids play can we?

But it would be nice to be able to determine if you want a child looking toon or a more teenager looking toon :)

Pick your name and family name of your desire. This game would or atleast should be moderated so any rude names can be reported.

Every trainer would start up with a starter kit that you received from Mom with your cloths and a letter that sends you to visit the Prof. from your region.

You would also be able to earn money within the game to buy new cloths and other accessories such as necklace, earrings, watches, shoes and so on.

After that you receive your regions Pokédex and are able to select your very first Pokémon just as how all the Pokémon games have been.

If you do visit another region your first regions Prof. will contact you and send you over to the other regions Prof. To pick up your level 1 starter Pokémon from that zone.

You would also be able to nickname your Pokémon just as before.

Edit: Really if they would take this idea and put it into an actual game it would be nice even if it would not be a online game but just a massive Wii titel it would be awsome.

To be able to start out at any starting zone and travel the entire Pokémon world would be awsome. Could still make it that at certain zones you can meet up with friends and do battles or just show off with your Pokémon. As long as you are actually able to write messages to people.

There are several spinoff-esque MMORPGs out there. I'm a Moderator over at Facebook's Pokemon Adventure, which at one time could have several thousand members playing at any given time. It was chaotic back then. Unfortunately, now the most you ever see is just under 200 members...all of us regulars have moved over to their IRC primarily. It sort of died after last October, the creator of it just got too busy after opening up Pewter City. =/ I still go there from time to time, though, as I do have my duties as a Mod. Can't just let the few remaining people run rampant!!

There are two MMO Pokemon games I found that look like they will be worth playing, Pokemon Lost World and Pokemon Online(POL). Pokemon Lost World, from what I've just read, is on pause since this month until w/e person is back if he/she ever is back. POL also seems like it has good potential, but compared to Lost Worlds mapping, imo, no chance. Lost World seems like a totally original game look, region, story line. POL I'm not sure of, I remember one city being from Kanto, the city of the 8th badge. Try & google both names to find info on them. POL seems to still be active. I'd post the links but not sure if I'm allowed seeing as different forums.

Most of the people I see playing pokemon are 20 or older anyway. As far as actual gameplay/story goes, xD - Gale of Darkness was my favorite, even if it isn't versitile like the online games. :P I want to see more 3D games. They could partner up with square enix or something and make it look really good.

If they ever decide to do something better with wifi's lag and upgrade their wifi functions, it would be awesome to be able to walk around with one another, 4 people max allowed together (seeing as max amount of players in a battle) kind of like Fable 2 on Xbox Live.

There are several spinoff-esque MMORPGs out there. I'm a Moderator over at Facebook's Pokemon Adventure, which at one time could have several thousand members playing at any given time. It was chaotic back then. Unfortunately, now the most you ever see is just under 200 members...all of us regulars have moved over to their IRC primarily. It sort of died after last October, the creator of it just got too busy after opening up Pewter City. =/ I still go there from time to time, though, as I do have my duties as a Mod. Can't just let the few remaining people run rampant!!

I used to be as well, until nothing happened and I got busy with work and couldn't be active there anymore. what username did you use in the IRC chats?

You know what they did with WoW, (World of Warcraft) they should do that with Pokemon, recently when i was walking home, and my dog, I've been thinking a FULL 3-D Pokemon world, completely beyond Pokemon Battle Revolution, like you could walk around, and you can see people battling with Pokemon in the online word, either 2 vs 2, or 1 on 1, you turn right, and left, there's 3-D battling, or a market, even a Pokecentre, maybe just maybe in the near by future, Nintendo would release Pokemon to a console that can make Pokemon full 3-D, just imagine playing Pokemon in full Blueray/HD quality..... AWESOME!

• 2 weeks later...

They could also start producing better Wii games since "Pokémon Battle Revolution" has not really that much to do and there is really nothing to gain from it other then dressing your character up a bit and well fighting other people in full 3D.

They could have added loads of features to the game as trading in full 3D and playing mini games online. Loads more that they could have done, but oh well..

Nintendo needs a MMORPG and Pokémon would be perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
You know what they did with WoW, (World of Warcraft) they should do that with Pokemon, recently when i was walking home, and my dog, I've been thinking a FULL 3-D Pokemon world, completely beyond Pokemon Battle Revolution, like you could walk around, and you can see people battling with Pokemon in the online word, either 2 vs 2, or 1 on 1, you turn right, and left, there's 3-D battling, or a market, even a Pokecentre, maybe just maybe in the near by future, Nintendo would release Pokemon to a console that can make Pokemon full 3-D, just imagine playing Pokemon in full Blueray/HD quality..... AWESOME!

I totally agree with this!

Ive tried pokemonworld online but it is really buggy and not any fun. A real 3d version like you are suggesting sound cool. I don't know that I'd pay $10-$20 a month for it though but I guess a lot of people would. Something like this would take a ton of time and money to set up and do right. If nintendo hasn't started working on it yet, they must figure they are making plenty of money with all the handheld games so they don't need to branch into MMORPG realm. What they do need to do is make a good pokemon game for Wii.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be happy with just a fully 3D console pokemon RPG that plays like the handheld games. An MMO would also be nice, and it COULD be done but I think Nintendo underestimates Pokemon's consumer base. They probably presume that the majority of sales goes to younger children that wouldn't have the credit cards to pick up an MMO. Besides that, Nintendo doesn't have the right people hired to make an MMO happen as far as I know, neither do they have the right footing when it comes to the internet.

I'd be happy with just a fully 3D console pokemon RPG that plays like the handheld games. An MMO would also be nice, and it COULD be done but I think Nintendo underestimates Pokemon's consumer base. They probably presume that the majority of sales goes to younger children that wouldn't have the credit cards to pick up an MMO. Besides that, Nintendo doesn't have the right people hired to make an MMO happen as far as I know, neither do they have the right footing when it comes to the internet.

They obviously haven't been here, because if they did, they would see developers playing the games, and I'm pretty sure that "younger children" don't have a website with all kinds of programs that they made themselves.

They obviously haven't been here, because if they did, they would see developers playing the games, and I'm pretty sure that "younger children" don't have a website with all kinds of programs that they made themselves.
I just get this general feeling that Nintendo completely ignores our demographic because they believe we don't exist in great numbers or something. I mean, how else do you explain stupid decisions like "friend codes" and the like?

I think if Nintendo truly saw the potential of the older crowd, a Pokemon MMO would already exist.

I just get this general feeling that Nintendo completely ignores our demographic because they believe we don't exist in great numbers or something. I mean, how else do you explain stupid decisions like "friend codes" and the like?

I think if Nintendo truly saw the potential of the older crowd, a Pokemon MMO would already exist.

We have over 1000 members, do you not call that numbers?

I wonder what they would do If I e-mailed them a link here (hypothetically), and the (hypothetically) payed attention to it and clicked the link (hypothetically speaking).

We have over 1000 members, do you not call that numbers?

I wonder what they would do If I e-mailed them a link here (hypothetically), and the (hypothetically) payed attention to it and clicked the link (hypothetically speaking).

I'm not sure that would get us the kind of attention you're seeking, there.

As much fun a pokemon MMORPG would be I don't think it would produce enough profit for Nintendo to give it serious thought. Because they'd be out there competing with World of Warcraft and all of those other well established MMORPGs out there. And as far as I can recall Nintendo has no expirience when it comes to MMORPGs.

I dont know about that it would kind of be odd? but thats just me.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

well they really need to make a good 3d game on wii kind of like xD or even better it could have a lot of cool wifi funtions iam talkeing about a wii game like platinum or the upcomeing hgss!!

i wonder if someone could take a ds rom and expand it to something like this except the 3d that woulld be kind of hard

by "wrong kind of attention" i think they mean "seeing us hack the games, reacting wrongly to it and shutting us down""

Then may be we need to post this on SerebiiForums, THEN secretly e-mail them, because SerebiiForums discourage hacking (from what I hear).