Reading .pkm file (VB.Net)

Drakiar

Hello, I was wondering, can I just read the .pkm in bytes (Vb.Net) to read the level, iv, ev, species, pid, nature, etc to import those information into a db?

Our do I need to do something else to read the pokemon information?

Sent from my Galaxy SII

A while ago codemonkey85 wrote a code library for reading save files. I can't get it to read full saves, but I could get it to read pkm files. Perhaps with a little work you can get it to read 5th Gen pkm files.

Go to the Save R&D forum and search for PKMDS Code Library.

Sent on my Windows Phone.

Thanks for your reply! When I woke up this morning, I used HxD, to view the hex values (unencrypted pokegen party (220 bytes) file), after that I did some more googling and learned how to read files into hex.

So I am now able to read 5th gen pkm files. So now I don't need to insert pokes myself into my database ;) now my app/program adds it!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

• 2 weeks later...
So I am now able to read 5th gen pkm files. So now I don't need to insert pokes myself into my database ;) now my app/program adds it!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Okay, first of all: what kind of project are you working on? It sounds quite interesting.

Second of all: evandixon, I am currently working on the Gen V PKM format (finally). So stay tuned.

Third of all (and off-topic): Drakiar, how do you like the Galaxy S II? I am thinking of picking one up on Sprint when it comes out here in the US.

• 1 month later...

I wanted an answer to this question, however I wasn't sure if I should create a new thread or to just post in a thread like this, but what is the easiest way to read a .pkm file?

I just want to be able to read the data, I'm trying to detect my SID from some shiny pokemon that I have transferred over through ir-gts-bw and I want to know the easiest way to look at these files.