Pokemon Box: Ruby & Sapphire

AtomicGreymon

So, how many people have this title, that was such a nightmare to get in North America for some people?

Personally, the whole storage system was one of my favourite features of the Pokemon Stadium games, and I was pretty annoyed that the feature wasn't built into Colosseum, as it should've been. And that it was only made available at a single store for the entire continent; a store of which even the online version could only ship the thing to the US, was maddening :mad:. Europe got a much better deal, I think, as the disc for Box could come included with Colosseum as a set. It's ironic the UK and Japanese versions of Box are more readily available to North Americans today than this region's own version.

A bit less than a year ago I got tired of not having it, and gave in by buying it on eBay for a rather obscene price. The plus side is that it was in open, but pristine condition... even some stickers that had apparently come with it were unused.

I'm in the process of getting one on Ebay, I want to get my own legit one, and not download one from a site in which it could be hacked (No offense to the site, but you cannot trust all up loaders, no offense to the up loader as well) Although I'm sure all the NDS events are legal, I can't be too sure about the GBA events.

It wasn't hard for me to get, either. I lucked out in that my family went on vacation to NYC that summer, and so I got it at the store (along with some PCNYs) the Monday it was released. If that hadn't happened, I would have ordered it from the website. People who didn't have access to a credit card weren't able to do that, and I know that made a lot of folks very mad.

If that hadn't happened, I would have ordered it from the website. People who didn't have access to a credit card weren't able to do that, and I know that made a lot of folks very mad.

They also couldn't ship to Canada, which is what made me pretty mad. Regardless, I finally did get the bloody thing. Still a pain, though.

• 2 months later...
I've never really payed attention to this disc since I've never known about it. What does it do? Or are you talking about the Jirachi bonus Disc? Or the Celebi (Don't know much about that one.).

This was a storage game that allowed to be transferred up to 1000 Pokemon from your (The players) Pokemon Ruby and/or Pokemon Sapphire. However i am unsure about Emerald. Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green are most definitely not going to be connectible to it.

Awesome news! My little brother likes to hack game consoles and stuff so he homebrewed our Wii, and now we can burn Wii and Gamecube games! He found a Pokebox backup and since it works like the real game, I can trade with it! So yeah, this is pretty cool. Now I can get them by myself :)

Awesome news! My little brother likes to hack game consoles and stuff so he homebrewed our Wii, and now we can burn Wii and Gamecube games! He found a Pokebox backup and since it works like the real game, I can trade with it! So yeah, this is pretty cool. Now I can get them by myself :)

You do know modding your Wii is illegal, voids your warranty, and can possible mess up the hardware on the Wii. Otherwise the Wii can only be Soft modded to play backups (not actually modding the Wii, but still has a good chance to brick your console.) And making backups is illegal too. That's why I'm never gonna do it : P, but yet I make DS game backups huh... lol

You do know modding your Wii is illegal, voids your warranty, and can possible mess up the hardware on the Wii. Otherwise the Wii can only be Soft modded to play backups (not actually modding the Wii, but still has a good chance to brick your console.) And making backups is illegal too. That's why I'm never gonna do it : P, but yet I make DS game backups huh... lol

I know :P but now what sucks is that the Gamecube hombrew launcher didn't launch the Pokebox game, and it turns out thegame backup doesn't work :frown:

This was a storage game that allowed to be transferred up to 1000 Pokemon from your (The players) Pokemon Ruby and/or Pokemon Sapphire. However i am unsure about Emerald. Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green are most definitely not going to be connectible to it.

Wrong.

All five GBA games worked with Pokemon Box.

It is bizarre that a Hoenn console storage game is connectible with a Kanto type one.

My thoughts were that the features for certain 3-rd generation games are restricted to just them. Like the Eon ticket only available to be used for Ruby/Sapphire and not Emerald. (I have personally tested it.)

Well, if you know which save file structure you are looking at (either RSE or FRLG), the PKM data is easy enough to find and read. Believe me, I've been doing it. :P

Besides, the "Kanto type games" were structured in virtually the same manner as the "Hoenn type games". How else would they be compatible like they are?

Well, if you know which save file structure you are looking at (either RSE or FRLG), the PKM data is easy enough to find and read. Believe me, I've been doing it. :P

Well Pokemon Box is the only game i do not have since i started buying the games back in 2003. I never found it. I did not wish to bother with Ebay.

Besides, the "Kanto type games" were structured in virtually the same manner as the "Hoenn type games". How else would they be compatible like they are?

I had no idea... I never thought about how the connectivity worked between these region games. However now it makes me think that HG/SS will be able to work wirelessly with D/P/Pt. I appears to my eyes that the Johto games are remakes of Platinum itself...

now it makes me think that HG/SS will be able to work wirelessly with D/P/Pt.

Already confirmed, but this is not the place to discuss this.

My thoughts were that the features for certain 3-rd generation games are restricted to just them. Like the Eon ticket only available to be used for Ruby/Sapphire and not Emerald. (I have personally tested it.)

This is incorrect. The Eon ticket works just fine for Emerald. I have personally tested it.

If you meant that the Eon Ticket didn't work on FRLG, then THAT is correct, because Latios, Latias and the Southern Island did not exist in FRLG.

Already confirmed, but this is not the place to discuss this.

Very well, i will not mention this since i do not want to go off topic.

This is incorrect. The Eon ticket works just fine for Emerald. I have personally tested it.

If you meant that the Eon Ticket didn't work on FRLG, then THAT is correct, because Latios, Latias and the Southern Island did not exist in FRLG.

Well if what you say is true, then my connectivity methods are a bit wrong. I will try right now just to be save on my side.

Is the E-reader correctable with the wireless adapter?

• 2 weeks later...
Well if what you say is true, then my connectivity methods are a bit wrong. I will try right now just to be save on my side.

Is the E-reader correctable with the wireless adapter?

He only said the Eon Ticket itself works in Emerald, however the method by which you obtain the thing in Emerald is different than for Ruby/Sapphire. As you've said, the North American Emerald doesn't use the E-Reader. What you need to do is mix records with a Ruby or Sapphire game which has recieved the Eon Ticket from the E-Reader card. Make sure the Ruby/Sapphire game is in the "primary" trade position (with the purple plug of the link-cable connected to its GBA unit), and the ticket will automatically be transferred to Emerald. I've done it, and can guarantee it works.

Edited by AtomicGreymon
clarification

• 3 weeks later...
Hmmm... if I remember rightly, I got my copy of Box in the Colloseum & Gamecube combo (which was a pretty good deal :D).

Sure was... but sadly it was never sold as part of a combo set in North America. It was sold only at one store, on the entire continent.

The North American version Box is now pretty scarce, even on eBay.

• 4 months later...
Sure was... but sadly it was never sold as part of a combo set in North America. It was sold only at one store, on the entire continent.

The North American version Box is now pretty scarce, even on eBay.

That is true. I got lucky and walked into a local mom & pop game store that had one a couple of months ago. Got the complete game including the red/blue memcard.

Nobody cares.

It is bizarre that a Hoenn console storage game is connectible with a Kanto type one.

Just like some other people alerady said, it does work on Emerald.

Only, you have to mix records to send it to your Emerald.

Just like some other people alerady said, it does work on Emerald.

Only, you have to mix records to send it to your Emerald.

What also seems to foul people up on that sometimes is that it matters which game the primary connector of the link cable is connected to. If they're reversed, the Eon Ticket won't transfer over to Emerald.