Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pokemon Box: Ruby & Sapphire

Learning to breathe IRC VOPDeveloperGame Save ResearcherModerator codemonkey85's Avatar

Re: Pokemon Box: Ruby & Sapphire

Well, if you know which save file structure you are looking at (either RSE or FRLG), the PKM data is easy enough to find and read. Believe me, I've been doing it. :P

Besides, the "Kanto type games" were structured in virtually the same manner as the "Hoenn type games". How else would they be compatible like they are?

Emperor of the clone army Wiki ContributorFormer StaffEvent Contributor Mewtwo Ex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by codemonkey85 View Post
    Well, if you know which save file structure you are looking at (either RSE or FRLG), the PKM data is easy enough to find and read. Believe me, I've been doing it. :P
    Well Pokemon Box is the only game i do not have since i started buying the games back in 2003. I never found it. I did not wish to bother with Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by codemonkey85 View Post
    Besides, the "Kanto type games" were structured in virtually the same manner as the "Hoenn type games". How else would they be compatible like they are?
    I had no idea... I never thought about how the connectivity worked between these region games. However now it makes me think that HG/SS will be able to work wirelessly with D/P/Pt. I appears to my eyes that the Johto games are remakes of Platinum itself...

''Mewtwo Ex banned GOD!''

Shinies
    Spoiler

Eventsly Staffington Event StaffTranslation ContributorIRC AOPSite ContributorImage ContributorEvent ContributorSuper Moderator Guested's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo Ex View Post
    now it makes me think that HG/SS will be able to work wirelessly with D/P/Pt.
    Already confirmed, but this is not the place to discuss this.

My thoughts were that the features for certain 3-rd generation games are restricted to just them. Like the Eon ticket only available to be used for Ruby/Sapphire and not Emerald. (I have personally tested it.)
    This is incorrect. The Eon ticket works just fine for Emerald. I have personally tested it.
    If you meant that the Eon Ticket didn't work on FRLG, then THAT is correct, because Latios, Latias and the Southern Island did not exist in FRLG.

Project Pokémon Event Gallery
    All the latest Pokémon Event news: Event News Forum
    Pokémon Event Schedule and Contributions: Contribution Thread
    PokeGen - Pokesav replacement

"Now that I've had my coffee..."

Emperor of the clone army Wiki ContributorFormer StaffEvent Contributor Mewtwo Ex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guested View Post
    Already confirmed, but this is not the place to discuss this.
    Very well, i will not mention this since i do not want to go off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Guested View Post
    This is incorrect. The Eon ticket works just fine for Emerald. I have personally tested it.
    If you meant that the Eon Ticket didn't work on FRLG, then THAT is correct, because Latios, Latias and the Southern Island did not exist in FRLG.

Well if what you say is true, then my connectivity methods are a bit wrong. I will try right now just to be save on my side.

Is the E-reader correctable with the wireless adapter?

''Mewtwo Ex banned GOD!''

Shinies
    Spoiler

Member Event Contributor AtomicGreymon's Avatar

Well if what you say is true, then my connectivity methods are a bit wrong. I will try right now just to be save on my side.

Is the E-reader correctable with the wireless adapter?
    He only said the Eon Ticket itself works in Emerald, however the method by which you obtain the thing in Emerald is different than for Ruby/Sapphire. As you've said, the North American Emerald doesn't use the E-Reader. What you need to do is mix records with a Ruby or Sapphire game which has recieved the Eon Ticket from the E-Reader card. Make sure the Ruby/Sapphire game is in the "primary" trade position (with the purple plug of the link-cable connected to its GBA unit), and the ticket will automatically be transferred to Emerald. I've done it, and can guarantee it works.
    Last edited by AtomicGreymon; Sep 1st, 2009 at 01:21 AM. Reason: clarification

Obsessive Perfectionist Developer Matt140's Avatar

Hmmm... if I remember rightly, I got my copy of Box in the Colloseum & Gamecube combo (which was a pretty good deal ).
    In Development:
    • PokeManager - The Pokemon Save Manager!
    • ARDStoSAV - Convert *.DUC to *.SAV files (and back!)

Member of the Unique Geeks Media development team.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt140 View Post
    Hmmm... if I remember rightly, I got my copy of Box in the Colloseum & Gamecube combo (which was a pretty good deal ).
    Sure was... but sadly it was never sold as part of a combo set in North America. It was sold only at one store, on the entire continent.

The North American version Box is now pretty scarce, even on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
    Sure was... but sadly it was never sold as part of a combo set in North America. It was sold only at one store, on the entire continent.

The North American version Box is now pretty scarce, even on eBay.
    That is true. I got lucky and walked into a local mom & pop game store that had one a couple of months ago. Got the complete game including the red/blue memcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandomproduction1 View Post
    You do know modding your Wii is illegal, voids your warranty, and can possible mess up the hardware on the Wii. Otherwise the Wii can only be Soft modded to play backups (not actually modding the Wii, but still has a good chance to brick your console.) And making backups is illegal too. That's why I'm never gonna do it : P, but yet I make DS game backups huh... lol
    Nobody cares.

It is bizarre that a Hoenn console storage game is connectible with a Kanto type one.

My thoughts were that the features for certain 3-rd generation games are restricted to just them. Like the Eon ticket only available to be used for Ruby/Sapphire and not Emerald. (I have personally tested it.)
    Just like some other people alerady said, it does work on Emerald.
    Only, you have to mix records to send it to your Emerald.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Just like some other people alerady said, it does work on Emerald.
    Only, you have to mix records to send it to your Emerald.
    What also seems to foul people up on that sometimes is that it matters which game the primary connector of the link cable is connected to. If they're reversed, the Eon Ticket won't transfer over to Emerald.

I didn't get it but I should have just for Jirachi. That would have been amazing to get Jirachi on my Ruby and Saphire games.

There are some mistake here.
    i'll resume everything (truth, fixed wrong info)

Play GBA games on TV with pokemon box : Saphirre - Ruby
    Able to use the box : The 5 GBA games
    Max stock : 1500

Unlock eggs
    First connection : swablu - false swip
    100 pkm : Zigzagoon - extreme speed
    500 pkm : skitty - Pay day
    1499 pkm : Pichu - Surf

The hometown is decided by the GBA game witch unlock the egg.
    The country is decided by the hatcher GBA game. The eggs themselve are japanese in all version.

Following are not unlocked with pokemon Box :
    CHANNEL Jirachi : European pokemon Channel game
    WISHMKR Jirachi : US Colloseum bonus disc
    Ageto Celebi : JPN Colloseum bonus disc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12