9kox2s.png

smg1g0.png

Utilize Nasty Plot Mew to sweep an opposing team while defending aggression using specific defensive walls and prediction.

1. Set up entry hazards
  2. Predict a swap in for Mew
  3. Set up and sweep
  4. Clean up

2r7vlzq.png

[hgsssprite]151[/hgsssprite]

Mew's biggest problems are stuff like Ttar and Reunicleus. I need something to deal with them that can also apply pressure, so I'll add in a Scizor

[hgsssprite]151[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]212[/hgsssprite]

Both of these guys want some sort of Entry Hazards to get the KOs they need. Also, Scizor is extremely weak to any sort of Fire attacks, so I'll add in Heatran.

[hgsssprite]151[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]212[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]485[/hgsssprite]

From here, I need a defensive player who will also be able to take the ground hits from Heatran, so I add in Skarmory. Skarmory also helps with the entry hazards.

[hgsssprite]151[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]212[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]485[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]227[/hgsssprite]

At this point, I realize I need a utility player- someone who will be able to pass wish as well as do damage and sponge hits. I decide on Jirachi

[hgsssprite]151[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]212[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]485[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]227[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]385[/hgsssprite]

After adding Jirachi, I decided I needed another ground resist- so I pick Gliscor, another utility counter who can wall, etc.

[hgsssprite]151[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]212[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]485[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]227[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]385[/hgsssprite][HGSSSprite]472[/hgsssprite]

I need a lead, so I put Heatran in front for now.

[hgsssprite]485[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]151[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]212[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]227[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]385[/hgsssprite][HGSSSprite]472[/hgsssprite]

Now, I played a few matches, and realize that I don't have a decent special wall. I swap my Jirachi for Chansey.

[hgsssprite]485[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]151[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]212[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]227[/hgsssprite][hgsssprite]113[/hgsssprite][HGSSSprite]472[/hgsssprite]

2ezle07.png

[HGSSSprite]485[/hgsssprite][HGSSSprite]472[/hgsssprite][HGSSSprite]151[/hgsssprite][HGSSSprite]227[/hgsssprite][HGSSSprite]212[/hgsssprite][HGSSSprite]113[/hgsssprite]

2re1mo6.png

Heatran

dr2dm8.png

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Flash Fire

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Fire Blast

- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Earth Power

- Stealth Rock

Heatran is generally my lead, providing some offensive power as well as the ability to get the momentum onto my side. Life Orb provides me with more damage, while the EVs and nature give me increased speed and damage. Fire Blast is standard for STAB and damage, Earth Power deals well with Heatran and other dudes well, Stealth Rock is needed to set up, and HP Grass helps deal with Bulky waters.

Ground -> Gliscor, Skarmory

Water -> Chansey, Skarmory

Fighting -> Gliscor, Skarmory

Gliscor

50mt6o.png

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb

Trait: Poison Heal

EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Toxic

- Protect

- Earthquake

- Ice Fang

Gliscor is a powerful defensive unit. I use him to sponge some hits and stall out various opponents. Toxic Orb/Poison Heal gives him effectively 2 leftovers, and the EV spread gives him generic defensive bulk. Toxic and Protect keep me alive while helping to stall out opponents. Earthquake is just for standard STAB, and Ice Fang is for opposing Gliscor and Dragon types that switch in.

Water -> Chansey, Skarmory

Ice -> Heatran, Chansey, Scizor

Mew

4ktels.png

Mew @ Life Orb

Trait: Synchronize

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Fire Blast

- Nasty Plot

- Psyshock

- Shadow Ball

Mew is my main sweeper. +2 Mew does insane damage to everything under the sun when you factor in Psyshock. The EVs and Item allow me to at least tie with other base 100s and do plenty of damage once my boosts are up. Psyshock is my standard STAB, useful because it uses the opponents Defense. Fire Blast is for the heavily defensive stuff, and Shadow Ball for Lati@s and Reuniclus.

Dark -> Skarmory, Heatran, Scizor

Ghost -> Skarmory, Heatran, Chansey, Scizor

Bug -> Skarmory, Heatran

Skarmory

1zo97up.png

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Keen Eye

EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Brave Bird

- Spikes

- Whirlwind

- Roost

Skarmory is my go to physical wall. He can take hits like nobody's business, and set up more entry hazards as well as pseudohaze using his moves and EVs.

Electric -> Gliscor

Fire -> Heatran

Scizor

2eobtdc.png

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Technician

EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Bullet Punch

- Roost

- Swords Dance

- Bug Bite

Scizor is a clean up sweeper and utility killer. He can set up and sweep or revenge kill with Swords Dance and Bullet Punch, as well as heal using Roost.

Fire -> Heatran

Chansey

334251y.png

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Seismic Toss

- Heal Bell

- Protect

- Wish

Chansey is my dedicated special wall as well as supporting utility. She can pass wish as well as clear status, which are important if we want Mew to sweep.

Fighting -> Skarmory, Gliscor, Mew

dfyo2c.png

Modifier Chart

2n1s0ty.jpg

Threat List

*Easily Killable

**Possibly dangerous

***Can deal with it

****Dangerous

*****Need help stopping him

# = June OU Usage Rank

| 1** | Ferrothorn
598v.png
- Gliscor -> EQ. Plus, Mew can Fire Blast and it burns up unexpectedly.

| 2** | Tyranitar [hgsssprite]248[/hgsssprite] Gliscor -> EQ. Scizor is the main check for it, however. I can set up on it or outright kill it.

| 3*** | Scizor [hgsssprite]212[/hgsssprite] Scizor is more of a pain than the previous two, but it gets walled by Skarmory hard, and I can still Fire Blast it with Mew if I don't screw up prediction.

| 4*****| Politoed [hgsssprite]186[/hgsssprite] Politoed isn't really a danger by himself, it's more to set up rain teams. I can wall and defend using Skarmory and I don't need to worry about Swift Swim, so I can outspeed most of their stuff still with Mew. Heatran has HP Grass, so he can deal with a switch in also.

| 5**** | Gliscor [hgsssprite]472[/hgsssprite] Gliscor is more annoying to deal with, as his fling acrobatics set is pretty dangerous. My gliscor runs Ice Fang, and I can use it against him. I can set up Scizor on him most of the time as well, and deny and swords dance set with Skarmory.

| 6* | Latios [hgsssprite]381[/hgsssprite] Dealing with Latios is pretty simple with Scizor. I can get rid of it easily, or convince it that I can and just set up Swords Dance.

| 7*** | Rotom-W
2ibgvba.png
Easily scared out by Scizor, if I can predict it, I can Shadow Ball with Mew on the switch.

| 8** | Excadrill
530q.png
Excadrill is amazingly scary, so I deal with it with Gliscor, an amazing counter for him. Also, he's walled by Skarmory and takes crazy damage on the switch from Fire Blast and Earth Power.

| 9*****| Thundurus
spr5b642.png
Thundurus is painful for me to deal with. I can stop it from sweeping using Chansey, and wall him if he doesn't run HP Ice with Gliscor, but any sort of mixed set is really dangerous.

| 10****| Dragonite [hgsssprite]147[/hgsssprite] Heatran and Skarmory can take Outrage and Draco Meteor with ease, and Skarmory can swap in on Earthquakes. Gliscor's Ice Fang also rips through it, and we can take off 25% with Stealth Rocks.

| 11* | Heatran [hgsssprite]485[/hgsssprite] Heatran isn't scary at all, mine will deal with him easily, and I can roll him with Gliscor and Chansey as well.

| 12* | Jirachi [hgsssprite]385[/hgsssprite] Heatran, Gliscor, and Mew all eat him.

| 13* | Reuniclus
579s.png
Reuniclus is difficult for Mew to stop, so I ran Shadow Ball. Scizor also dominates him.

| 14*** | Skarmory [hgsssprite]227[/hgsssprite] Heatran dominates Skarmory, and so does Mew.

| 15- | Garchomp [hgsssprite]445[/hgsssprite] Garchomp is banned yo.

| 16* | Conkeldur
534s.png
Conkeldurr can't do much vs me, Gliscor and Skarm like to eat him as well as Mew.

| 17*** | Gengar [hgsssprite]094[/hgsssprite] I need Scizor to deal with Gengar. I can use Mew's Shadow Ball on the switch in, but it's risky at best. Chansey can sort of wall him, but she doesn't do anything back to him.

| 18* | Jellicent
593a.png
Jellicent is dealt with easily using Shadow Ball, and even Scizor. Chansey walls as well.

| 19*** | Starmie [hgsssprite]121[/hgsssprite] Chansey deals with Starmie, so does Scizor. Mew can just shadow ball and kill it on the switch as well. However, if you don't stop it with those 3, it eats my team.

| 20* | Magnezone [hgsssprite]462[/hgsssprite] Magnezone is somewhat dangerous, but I can kill it easily with Gliscor. I just need to make sure that Scizor and Skarm aren't trapped.

rlls1k.png

None Yet!

671oic.png

Thanks to
{Randomspot555}
for moderating the battling section while I was inactive so I could get to work on this when I came back.

Thanks to
{Alpha}
for Project Pokemon

Thanks to
{Smogon University}
for analysis and builds for the new generation

Thanks to
{some random dude}
for getting me into PP

Quickly going over your threat list:

Rotom lost its ghost typing so don't expect kills from shadow ball.

LO Adamant Excadrill can net 2HKOs on Skarm after SR damage, so watch out for that. What's more, Excadrill fears nothing from chansey thus giving him prime opportunity to switch in get the free plus two and start doing cruel things. Whilst you can wind him, you know flinch hax happens at the worst of times -_-. In saying that LO adamant is then susceptible to Gliscor. (again, not sure if he can outright switch in on a +2 Rockslide if toxic orb isn't activated)

However... this leads me to my next point, Having skarm and gliscor together, to me, seems like a waste when they pretty much do they same job. Gliscor + Jirachi seems to be the way forward here, and then you could even forego the use of chansey.

Rotom-W + Gliscor + Jirachi is beast of a core, I feel that should be where you should go from here. It'd work really nice with Heatran + scizor, in any case. Not only that but you are going to definitely need paralysis support if you're going to try and pull off a mew sweep, failing that, wobbuffet for snaring choice scarfers.

Though then with all the steel here you're pretty magnezone weak, and zone will only need to take out Jirachi/skarmory + Scizor to set up a Latios/reuni sweep. Meh I guess heatran can take it out so long as you don't switch tran in on a +2 Magnezone behind a sub.

Cloyster can set up on chansey and sweep... Basically that chansey is set up bait.

I'll come back with some suggestions a little later... and was there really any need at all for those damned spoilers xD?

• 2 weeks later...

The way you formatted this makes it difficult to quote, so I'm not going to bother with quotes.

The first thing I notice was that you're trying to use Mew. Understandable. Mew is unpredictable, so perhaps you could get some surprise sweeps in. I can see what you tried to do with it, Psyshock so your precious sweeper isn't walled, and Fire Blast to take out steels that normally stop you, for the most part, this works. Except against a select few like Heatran. Heatran won't even be touched by Mew, and can 2HKO it in return. (Especially easy if it gets a boost)

So Since what you claim to be your key sweeper is now walled by a common Pokemon, I look for your ways to counter it. Scizor is walled as well, and you aren't running Super Power. This leaves your own Heatran and Gliscor as the only things that can stand up to it. Gliscor is easily 2HKO by Fireblast and will find it difficult to switch in, while using your own Heatran is a bit of a gamble. If it runs Air Balloon and you haven't popped it yet, then Gliscor is your only hope. (And again, since it gets 2HKO'd by by Fireblast, and the time wasted Ice Fanging will kill you) But then I notice you have Chansey, so let's take a look at that.

Chansey, at first people seemed to latch onto the idea that Chansey was godly superior to Blissey thanks to a little thing called Eviolite. Well I'm sorry to say Gin but this was proven completely untrue a while ago. For starters, Eviolite, while giving Chansey astronomically more special defense than Blissey, only gives it 31 more points in defence, while sacrificing around 100 HP in the process. Points that are VERY critical. Next, it loses the ability to heal off damage at the end of each turn thanks to Leftovers. Which is even more net HP loss over a period of time. Even if you use it purely as a special wall, over a period of time Leftovers recover will outbalance the Eviolite Defence bonus, resulting in less PP wasted over time.

Now I take a look at Chansey's personal weakness. physical fighting types. You seem to have this factor alone covered relatively well, but what about if we add in a mixed sweeper? I'm going to use Infernape in this example because he's awesome, carries HP ice enough to destroy your Gliscor, and takes everything out but Mew. If Mew is gone, and you run into Infernape, you pretty much just lost.

Now then, with that I can say that your biggest threats are Heatran, and Infernape. Aside from Perish Song variants Politoad is walled by Chansey. Thunderus is often walled as well. Fun Fact: Hammer Arm variants can only 3HKO Blissey, use that to your advantage. Dragonite is a tricky one though. So here's my recommendations.

Burungeru (Jellicent) Is an all around great mixed wall, and takes care of Infernape and Heatran with absolute ease

Bronzong is another good mixed wall, and although it struggles against your biggest counters, it tanks Dragonite like a pro, sliding it in somewhere wold be worthwhile.

Consider Giving Mew Drain Punch or Focus Blast, to assist with Tyranitar

your team is well suited for it, consider running Sandstorm to counter Rain.

That's my two cents.

Final Opinion 7.5/10 (Because Infernape isn't too common anymore)

Edited by Sabeta

Sab, Toxicroak is walled by Chansey? Cross Chop and any other STAB Physical Fighting move says hi :|

Unless, of course, you were referring to Politoed. Better not get those two froggies confused; one likes to sing the other is mean.

Also, a quick note; + 2 LO Thunderpunch from Infernape OHKOs Jellicent. I don't like that, but no matter what sort of EVs I run, it's always OHKOd and I'm not going 252 HP/252 Def. But overall, Jellicent is a great check to Infernape or Heatran so that is definitely worth considering.

That aside, I'm not so happy with no investment in Chansey's Defence. In fact, I think those HP EVs should be moved to Defence so Chansey can get more out of it. Investing in Defence helps a LOT more than investing in HP when taking surprise physical hits, especially for something with a crazy 250 base HP Pokemon. In fact, I get away with putting no HP EVs on Blissey and still works. I know your Chansey is a dedicated special wall, but, there's always that chance you take a physical hit by accident (Thundurus with Hammer Arms for Tar anyone?), which isn't very nice.

What Tbird said does interest me though; Gliscor + Skarmory being redundant. It just might be in the weirdest way. Nearly everything Gliscor is supposed to counter carries some Ice move, such as Tyranitar with Ice Beam or some other random junk with HP Ice. I'd be careful if I were you, and even though Jirachi + Rotom-W can be useful, it might distract you from actually sweeping with Mew and you'll end up taking out everything with just your core if you play properly. Just a thought there. So maybe we don't want that.

I almost suggested Tyranitar but that adds more weakness to the apparent Infernape weakness and the sand is distracting to your Chansey and Mew. Tyranitar is actually great as a special wall in a way though. I remember at some point people used SkarmTar instead of SkarmBliss, but of course, always experiment and see what works. Anything worth mentioning regarding threats?