Noob asking questions about save transfers

forum_name

I'm planning to get a pokemon white game soon. I played on an Acekard 2i flashcart but realized those don't support infrared. Don't want to start the game over again because i caught 4 boxes of pokemon. I live in Hong Kong right now so I can buy the NDS adapter plus, but i'm low on cash so i want to avoid that.

Is there any way to use a 3ds and/or computer to transfer a flashcart save to a legit cart? Also, will I need to worry about changing my trainer ID, wifi #, etc.?

As far as I know, tools such as the SMS2 and NDS Adaptor + are your only options.

Unless you plan to play the save on your computer with an emulator, you won't need to worry about the wifi address changing (I presume you mean your FC?). None of the content in the sav itself is changed, no.

• 1 month later...

Unless you use some sort of adapter, as arcee suggested, there isn't any way to transfer the entire save file. However, if you're only interested in keeping your Pokémon, then you could try using some sort of fake GTS (I would recommend using the Make-A-Wish GTS, as it's the most reliable). If you don't know about these GTS systems, they're essentially servers that people have set up that exploit the GTS feature of the game, so that when you go into the GTS, instead of connecting to the Nintendo servers (and trading with everybody else connecting to the Nintendo servers), you instead connect to someone else's private server. The Make-A-Wish GTS allows you to send Pokémon to their GTS from your game, see the Pokémon you've sent displayed on the website (you can even edit their EVs etc at this stage), before connecting to the same GTS using another system to receive the Pokémon. Obviously, if you want to transfer all 4 boxes of Pokémon, then this is going to take a lot of patience, but it's a good system to use if you have valuable Pokémon that you want to transfer in particular.

If you're not sure how to use the Make-A-Wish GTS, there are clear instructions on the website. If you still feel confused about it, feel free to PM me so I can give you a better explanation.

... Are you talking about PokeCheck? AFAIK, Make-A-Wish GTS is a 'giveaway' of 'legits'.

It would be easier for them to export the .pkms from a sav, than uploading all 120 or so via Pokecheck.

http://www.pokecheck.org/

Pokecheck here.

edit:

Unless you use some sort of adapter, as arcee suggested, there isn't any way to transfer the entire save file.

not totally true, using different flashcards, there are other ways.

not totally true, using different flashcards, there are other ways.

To rephrase what Shiny Sheimi said: there is no way besides a USB adapter to backup save files, with a 3DS or DSi. If you had a flashcart and a DS lite/original DS, THEN you would be able to use homebrew.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?16601-How-to-Backup-Restore-your-retail-cartridge-save-file-(D-P-Pt-HG-SS-B-W-Nearly-any-other-DS-game)