Please help me i cant get it to work with (DeSmuMe)

revenger96

Hi.

Ive been searching for a solution for hours, its basicly because when i try generating savegames from DeSmuMe ive tried the (Export Backup Memory) and that wont fit into Pokegen. Does anyone use DeSmuMe with Pokemon White and knows howto do the savefile stuff and get it to work?

Ive tried converting a few things through this website but i cant get it to work, in a few cases ive got it to load it into Pokegen, but no of my pokemons show up.

Please help me, im new to Pokegen :frown:

What should i use? ok so basicly i select my file "File/SaveStateAs/" and then i saved the file. I called it "PokegenSavedFileEdit.dst", then i ran it through the (Offiline converter) i choose the file, choose the Source format to be DeSmuMe, and the target formet "Raw Format" - "Auto Detect", and then i choose Convert.

When i then try to run i through pokegen and the only thing i see is alot of egs in my boxes, wich have newer been there, and theres still nothing in the "Main Pokemon Hand Thingy".

Am i doing it wrong?

----- Posts Merged -----

What should i use? ok so basicly i select my file "File/SaveStateAs/" and then i saved the file. I called it "PokegenSavedFileEdit.dst", then i ran it through the (Offiline converter) i choose the file, choose the Source format to be DeSmuMe, and the target formet "Raw Format" - "Auto Detect", and then i choose Convert.

When i then try to run i through pokegen and the only thing i see is alot of egs in my boxes, wich have newer been there, and theres still nothing in the "Main Pokemon Hand Thingy".

Am i doing it wrong?

I uploaded my save file to dropbox, u can download it here.

The state is different from a save file. A *.dsv file is the actual save file, and the *.dst file is a state. To export Raw save files, you will want to use the File > Export Backup Memory option. Alternatively, you can use my comverter.

[Edit]Also, please avoid double posting. You can use the edit button to add on to your previous post next time.

The state is different from a save file. A *.dsv file is the actual save file, and the *.dst file is a state. To export Raw save files, you will want to use the File > Export Backup Memory option. Alternatively, you can use my comverter.

[Edit]Also, please avoid double posting. You can use the edit button to add on to your previous post next time.

So basicly i did the Export BackupMemory then i used the converter and choose the same target formats, then i load the converted savegame into pokegen and theres no pokemons to see, is there something i should check? i did upload the file as well?

I don't get what you just said. So:

1. Load ROM in emulator

2. File -> Export Backup Memory

3. Open the file you saved in your save file editor (Pokesav, Pokegen, etc)

4. Save the file with the save editor

5. File -> Import Backup Memory

6. In the game, load your save file

7. Violà

Hmmmm...

I tried opening the file in Pokegen and Pokesav, and it acted as if the file was blank.

I imported it into DeSmuMe on my computer, and even loaded it onto my retail cart, and nothing worked.

Is it loading correctly for you in DeSmuMe, without an attempts at editing? What region game are you using?

Hmmmm...

I tried opening the file in Pokegen and Pokesav, and it acted as if the file was blank.

I imported it into DeSmuMe on my computer, and even loaded it onto my retail cart, and nothing worked.

Is it loading correctly for you in DeSmuMe, without an attempts at editing? What region game are you using?

Thats odd, well as the looks of it i have a English version, probaly uk. It works fine in DeSmuMe, if u want i could pm you the rom file, if thats not illegal on the forums. I have succesfully used a few Action Replay Codes to the uk version of the game and they worked flawless.

Sending the ROM is illegal, but perhaps I've over-analyzed the problem. In the same folder the emulator is in, there should be something like Pokemon Black.dsv. Try opening THAT in Pokegen without conversion. Perhaps something is wrong with the conversion process.

Sending the ROM is illegal, but perhaps I've over-analyzed the problem. In the same folder the emulator is in, there should be something like Pokemon Black.dsv. Try opening THAT in Pokegen without conversion. Perhaps something is wrong with the conversion process.

But when i try that, theres no pokemon to see :(

"5584 - Pokemon White (E).dsv"

I'm not sure what to say. Every thing I've tried just says that the save file is blank.

I would recommend using Action Replay codes, but RAM research hasn't completed yet.

I'll keep looking at the save file, but hopefully someone else will be able to help.

I don't know what's wrong with your desmume, but it doesn't hurt to give this a shot..

The link below is to my personal copy of desmume, I've been using it for ages now, and I'm very sure it works. Save in-game, and 'Export Backup Memory'. Save the .sav file, and reload the ROM; then 'import backup memory' and select the same sav you just exported. Continue into the game..

See if that works. It's version 0.9.6, btw.

http://s.pokegts.com/arcee/Desmume.rar

edit: pokegen opens dsvs, open the .sav in Pokesav or something.

edit2: make sure when you're saving, you have pokemon in your PC or party, lol.

edit3: run DeSmuME_dev.exe, that's the one I usually use.

edit4: make sure you run as administrator (right click > run as administrator)

Hopefully that'll make it failproof :3