Ability Changing during Evolution...

Pseudonym-Face

Recently caught and edited a Solosis. It's default ability was Magic Guard. However, after editing, during evolution, the ability is changed to Overcoat.

I am more accustomed to PokeSav, and have selected both Ability 1 and 2 on two different Solosis. Both of their abilities were changed to Overcoat.

Is this issue pertinent to "Class 1" and "Class 2"?, and if so, how do those factor into PID generation?

Can someone perhaps walk through the process of editing a Magic Guard Solosis in PokeGen? I have often utilized PokeGen for it's PID generating abilities, and then transferred those over to PokeSav.

Assistance potentially appreciated.

Have a good one, y'all!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem here, I made a Gothita in Pokegen, after the evolution I wasn't aware of the ability change, now Gothorita has Shadow Tag.

I did everything I read on the forum, the 0x42 is set to 1, I leave the PID blank, I don't know why it shows the hidden ability after the evolution.

Please we need some help here.

How can I fix it?

What am I doing wrong?

I will appreciate your kindness.

Thank you.

Thank you Kaphotics, I made a new Gothorita with the same stats and everything but I keep the 0x42 = 0, I uploaded the pokemon to the GTS trade and it seems to be OK, cause I got an error code before when I uploaded the Gothorita with the Shadow Tag ability.

Thank you!!