Thread: OverPowered Sweeping- Gen V Uber Team

OverPowered Sweeping- Gen V Uber Team

So, I think I've finally created a viable BW Uber team. It aims to stat boost, then sweep (Darkrai and Arceus) or just simply knock out a few (Kyogre and Zekrom). Then there's the Toxic Staller (Blissey) and the lifesaving Smeargle. Together, this team sweeps, and can take care of many threats, although max speed Mewtwos are a problem.

Darkrai @ Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Bad Dreams
    EVs: 252 SPD/ 252 SATK/ 4 HP
    Role: Lead, Special Sweeper
    - Dark Void
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot
    - Ice Beam
    Comment: This Pokemon is usually the lead of my team. It has max speed, so it can outrun most Pokemon. It starts off with Dark Void, then two Nasty Plots to raise its SATK to about 1107 (sometimes a third if I can Dark Void again). Then it sweeps with Dark Pulse and Ice Beam. It can 2HKO Scizors and Foretresses, and 2-3HKO Blisseys.

Zekrom @ Shell Bell
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Teravolt
    EVs: 252 SPD/ 252 ATK/ 4 HP
    Role: Revenge Sweeper
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Lightning Edge
    - Dragon Tail
    - Dragon Claw
    Comment: Zekrom jumps in after Darkrai is down and starts sweeping. Sometimes, Smeargle will have set up Spikes, so I run the Dragon Tail spam. Fusion Bolt is for wiping out almost- dead pokes, and Lighting Edge is Zekrom's signature. Dragon Claw is its main Dragon move.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Own Tempo/ Moody
    EVs: 252 SPD/ 252 HP/ 4 D
    Role: Suicide Lead, Spiker
    - Endeavor
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Stealth Rock
    Comment: Smeargle runs in, sets up, Endeavors, and dies. Often the other's lead will go stat boosting, with a Life Orb. I set up a few Spikes/TSpikes/SR then Endeavor right after the others lead hits me. Focus Sash keeps my HP at one. Hopefully, the lead will have a Life Orb, and hit me again, meaning we're both down. >: D

Arceus @ Draco Plate
    Ability: MultiType
    EVs: 252 SPD/ 252 SATK/ 4 HP
    Role: Special Sweeper Two
    - Judgement (Dragon)
    - Fire Blast
    - Calm Mind
    - Perish Song/ ExtremeSpeed
    Comment: Arceus is the other Boost- Sweeper. Calm Mind once or twice, then spam Judgement. Often the enemy will make the mistake of switching Ferrothorn into Arceus, and you know what happens then. Perish Song is a good way to get rid of annoying sweepers, because they have to die or switch and lose stat boosts.

Chansey @ Eviolite
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 DEF/ 152 HP/ 104 SDEF
    Role: Toxic Staller, Cause-To-RageQuit-er, Wishpasser
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Rest
    Comment: Toxic is a great way to utterly destroy pokes. Rest is for instant healing, plus removing statuses like Burn, Paralysis, and Poison. WishPassing is a great way to get a Revenge Sweeper started again, and Protect is for Toxic Stalling. Often, I find myself stuck with a Ferrothorn at the end... which is a problem.

Kyogre @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Drizzle
    EVs: 128 HP/ 124 SATK/ 252 SPD
    Role: Tank, Revenge Sweeper, Sweep Ender
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    Comment: This Kyogre outruns most pokes. I give it the Focus Sash so it can survive a sweeper's attack and retaliate. Surf and Drizzle pulverizes anything it's supereffective on. Thunder gets rid of other Kyogres. Earthquake.... I have to remove that. Ice Beam removes Chomps, Mences, and Rayquazas. It's a great all rounder.

Re: OverPowered Sweeping- Gen V Uber Team

Even if, in theory, Darkrai can 2-3KO a Blissey, one has to remember that Blissey can both switch out and recover using Wish and Softboiled.

You have several Focus Sash Pokemon that still invest in defensive stats (HP, Def, Sp Def). The point of Focus Sash is to give it to a Pokemon that, normally, isn't likely to survive a single hit. Putting the sash on a late-game Pokemon also means it'll likely break due to weather (sand or hail), entry hazards (Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stelath Rock) or just simply switching in on the attack. And if that happens, you might as well be holding nothing.

Darkrai is probably one of the frailest you have on the team and should be holding a Focus Sash. Everyone else can live without it.

Leftovers>Shell Bell. Shell Bell only works when you deal damage. Leftovers recovers HP no matter what.

I've never played the uber tier in any generation, but these mistakes I've highlighted are pretty much basics of Pokemon team building. You need to have a firm grasp of what held items do and in what situations they best can be utilized.

Changed accordingly.
    Well, the thing is, Poison Spikes are usually set up before Darkrai comes in (and with +6 by NP that can OHKO a Blissey), and Darkrai, with a +6 SATK and max speed of base 125, it's biggest threat is a revenge Mewtwo with Aura Sphere (Nobody runs Focus Blast) but it typically survives that. It's usually poisoned by a Blissey/ Evio. Chansey before the Mewtwo Aura Spheres it, which would then kill it.

Almost had a joke, son! Team Rater Tbird's Avatar

I agree with everything Sir Randomspot says above.

First things first you will NEVER be able to use Smeargle in ubers. I repeats NEVER, not a chance in hell. He is a wasted spot on your team. He is too frail to switch in on any normal attack. He can't switch in mid game due to passive damage (even given a free switch) and he will not be able to use a single one of his moves. And even if by some sheer act of God you mage to use Toxic spikes, any one of the uber tiers attackers will switch in and pulverise the poor thing.

Blissey actually doesn't Toxic stall much in the uber enviorment. I mean it can, but it doesn't. The name of your team is the reason why. Things hit too hard for Blissey to be sat there merely toxic stalling. You'll most probably see Blissey running Twave / Wish / Protect / Ice beam. This is because many fast hard hitters love to switch in on blissey. Ice beam nails the dragons whilst Twave cripples the other folk. Protect to scout and wish to heal / pass. My bad Just noticed it's an evolite Chansey. Switch to blissey. It's more practical IMO in Uber than chansey, as it can actually catch things switching in with something like ice beam and do a bit of damage.

You have a kyogre on your team and not a single pokemon on your team benefits from it. That's not a be all and end all, but if you've got rain on team you should be abusing it.

You really need to get to know the metagame better. If you're worried about mewtwo Aura Sphereing you, then I have no idea what ypu're going to do when it OHKOs your chansey / Blissey with Psystrike.

At the moment your tea brings the rain for a pokemon like Scarf Palkia. If scarf palkia switches in and uses outrage your team is going to fall. All of it is. Hell it could use Aqua tail and every member of your team is goijng to get OHKOd. You need to look out for things like this when you're building your teams. Go on to smogon and read their articles, and check the PO website to see who the top pokemon that are being used are. You need to know your enemy (the metagame) to beat it, and this team doesn't :/.

What I want you to do is check the top 25 pokemon used in the uber environment. I want you to come back here and tell me how you would deal with them with your current team. Once you see all the holes you'll be able to patch them up better
    이제부터 이 사인은 티버드 입니다 ._.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDynamite View Post
    Changed accordingly.
    Well, the thing is, Poison Spikes are usually set up before Darkrai comes in (and with +6 by NP that can OHKO a Blissey), and Darkrai, with a +6 SATK and max speed of base 125, it's biggest threat is a revenge Mewtwo with Aura Sphere (Nobody runs Focus Blast) but it typically survives that. It's usually poisoned by a Blissey/ Evio. Chansey before the Mewtwo Aura Spheres it, which would then kill it.
    If you list a team member first, that means it's your lead.