Deoxys Name Problem

Zwei

I downloaded an event Deoxys from the Event Pokemon Download section from the site. Now I modified the IVs a bit with some of the moves and everything else was untouched. The only problem I have now is that when I trasfer it over to my Black game with the IR-GTS the name comes out ???????. The PID for it for some reason was 0, not sure what I did wrong, but is there someway to fix that. One more thing do I need to change the location of it to PokeTransfer?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Deoxys Defense.pkm

Deoxys Defense.pkm

Edited by Zwei

I downloaded an event Deoxys from the Event Pokemon Download section from the site. Now I modified the IVs a bit with some of the moves and everything else was untouched. The only problem I have now is that when I trasfer it over to my Black game with the IR-GTS the name comes out ???????. The PID for it for some reason was 0, not sure what I did wrong, but is there someway to fix that. One more thing do I need to change the location of it to PokeTransfer?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Maybe it has to do with the game reading the file. Anyways, here is the file. By the way, when I opened the .pkm file that was attached to your post, Deoxys was in Speed Form so I'm leaving it as Speed Form. You can just change it to whatever you want using PokeGen. Post back with the results.

Deoxys Speed.pkm

Deoxys Speed.pkm

How the hell did ya do it? Me wants to know.

Well, it's pretty easy. Once you load the Deoxys Defense.pkm that was attached to your post in PokeGen, you can start seeing problems right away. The PID is messed up and the Nickname is in Alien language. This is all in the Main tab. The PID doesn't matter at all because it has no Gender and it has only 1 Ability so just make up a PID. The Nickname should be changed from

\012E\012F\0139\0142\0143\013D\FFFF\FFFF\FFFF\FFFF\FFFF

to

Deoxys\FFFF\0000\0000\0000\FFFF

The Nickname box should not be checked because Deoxys is not... a Nickname. Let's move on to the Met tab. The Location should be set to (Poketransfer) and the Date should be when you received it (should not be any date that is before the Pokemon Black and White release date or any date that hasn't happened yet). Let's move to the Stats tab. Everything looks okay here. Attacks is fine. Last but not least is OT/Misc. The OT should be changed from

\0131\0145\0151\0149\0157\0158\0154

to

GAMESTP

That's about everything I can find in your Deoxys.pkm. Learn how to do the escape sequences here.

Looked at the link and pretty confused at some stuff, probably need to take a better look at it. Also the reason why the nickname is in alien language is because deoxys is from space. :)

So how does the PID affect the ability from a first evolution pokemon to a another evolution? The only reason I am asking is because I glimpsed at a thread that someone was complaining that when their pokemon evolved that the ability changed.

Looked at the link and pretty confused at some stuff, probably need to take a better look at it. Also the reason why the nickname is in alien language is because deoxys is from space. :)

So how does the PID affect the ability from a first evolution pokemon to a another evolution? The only reason I am asking is because I glimpsed at a thread that someone was complaining that when their pokemon evolved that the ability changed.

Oh yeah, THAT post. A Pokemon's PID affects it's Ability. For example:

Frillish's PID is meant to match it's 1st Ability but Frillish has Ability 2. When it evolves, the game fixes everything up for you and match's Frillish's PID to match the PID's corresponding ability.

Hopefully that made sense. If not, I can give a very detailed example :)

I think I get it, but just to clarify say that Frillish has PID XXXXXXY but that does not match its ability because it needs XXXXXXX or something, when it evolves the ability will change to meet the requirements for PID XXXXXXY? That what you mean because that is all I got from it.

Now say I have a munchlax with ability 1 (Pickup) and when it evolves to a Snorelax will it be ability 1 (Immunity). Now is there a way to naturally get ability 1 to ability 2 when it evolves or would it always be ability 1?

Also I am still reading the article how can you get the PID to appear with a Shiny?

I think I get it, but just to clarify say that Frillish has PID XXXXXXY but that does not match its ability because it needs XXXXXXX or something, when it evolves the ability will change to meet the requirements for PID XXXXXXY? That what you mean because that is all I got from it.

Now say I have a munchlax with ability 1 (Pickup) and when it evolves to a Snorelax will it be ability 1 (Immunity). Now is there a way to naturally get ability 1 to ability 2 when it evolves or would it always be ability 1?

Also I am still reading the article how can you get the PID to appear with a Shiny?

lol Munchlax's PID matchs ABility 1 so when it evovles it will have Ability 1. To create a shiny Pokemon... it's kind of hard for starters. Read my thread about it. It's easy to understand. Click here.

Pokegen does it for you if you leave the PID blank for gen 5 originated Pokemon.

If you want to know how it works, convert the PID to hex, delete the 4 furthest right hex, and convert to binary. The lowest binary will be 0 or 1. Class 1 or Class 2.

Source: kaphotics AKA pogeymanz master

Thanks!

Seems simple to understand now I can start generating the pokemon PID myself, once I get the hang of it I could be doing it like that.

Just one question how are Dream World ability calculated in the PID?

Right here for the gender:

Now its time to get the Gender. Do we want a girl or a boy? I want a boy. Bisharp's Gender rate is 50% Male and 50% Female. Let me bring up a little table up that I took from Acanto's thread.

This means' date=' if I want to make Bisharp a Male I would have to find a Decimal that is 127 - 255. If I want a Female I would have to find a Decimal that is 0-126. Anyways, we want a Male. So let's pick... 211. 211 will be the Decimal and in Hexadecimal it will be D3. Boom! We found our Y values in AAAXAAYY. So now it's

AAAEAAD3

AAD3 in Binary will be ???? ???? 1101 0011

[/quote']

We can select any number between those decimals right?

So for a 75-25 male to female ratio.

The numbers would be 189 to 63 and so on.

Um... that part is unclear in my thread. I will have to update that. Anyways... Yes. You are correct.

Pokemon that have a 12.5% chance of being female

In this case, the Pokemon will be female if the number found above is between 0 and 30 inclusive, otherwise it will be male.

Pokemon that have a 25% chance of being female

In this case, the Pokemon will be female if the number found above is between 0 and 63 inclusive, otherwise it will be male.

Pokemon that have a 50% chance of being female

In this case, the Pokemon will be female if the number found above is between 0 and 126 inclusive, otherwise it will be male.

Pokemon that have a 75% chance of being female

In this case, the Pokemon will be female if the number found above is between 0 and 190 inclusive, otherwise it will be male.

• 7 months later...