Creating Pokemon Using PokeGen (VID+UPDATE4 (4/13/2011) New Video on Creating Pokemon)

PopEyeJR

EDIT 4 (4/13/2011): New Teaching Videos

Sup. This is me again and I have decided to create a new video for Creating Pokemon with PokeGen. In this video, I will only be making 3 Pokemon at random.

Note:

• I will update the videos often & make them more clear as my knowledge grows. If I did something wrong in this video then tell me. Thanks.
  • I make these videos for fun.
  • I think PokeGen is perfect. Haven't seen no bugs whatsoever.

THE LINK TO THE VIDEO IS HERE!

EDIT 2 (4/4/2011): Manually Changing your PID

Hello again. This update is basically another video on how to create your own PID to make a Pokemon shiny... manually. I will be doing this very fast. I won't be explaining anything to you because I already did on another thread I created. To fully understand what I am doing in this video, I recommend you go to my other thread and read what I wrote. Once you do then this video will become much easier for you to understand.

The link to my other thread is HERE

Notes:

• I do these videos for fun
  • This video is Unlisted. Only People with the link can see this video
  • I do not care for any views of any kind
  • Have fun watching :wink:

[video=youtube;aNwHBwRBBEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNwHBwRBBEc

EDIT 3 (4/6/2011): Creating Pokemon with a DW Ability

Well, I've been experimenting with Pokemon with DW Abilities. It's been quite a struggle but I managed to pull through. I made a Ponyta with a DW Ability and it went through the GTS and Random battle O_o Check out this video on how to create Pokemon with a DW Ability.

[video=youtube;OwsZtgM8MZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwsZtgM8MZE

TutorialEdit Pokemon.zip

TutorialEdit Pokemon.zip

Edited by PopEyeJR
New Video

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love these videos, it reduces the amount of questions and reduces the amount of reading.

Lots of redundant (and stupid) questions come from those who don't read, and watching a video can be much more entertaining. Because there's no reading!

<3

Hang on, you used the PID generator for a Gen V Pokemon? Has it been updated now? o_O

Nope, that part is incorrect :P

The 3rd/4th gen PID generators have the chance of causing a mismatched ability and will always match the old convention of nature/PID/ability.

If you leave it blank, it will generate a random gen5 PID that suits your criteria :)

Nope, that part is incorrect :P

The 3rd/4th gen PID generators have the chance of causing a mismatched ability and will always match the old convention of nature/PID/ability.

If you leave it blank, it will generate a random gen5 PID that suits your criteria :)

Did not know that. My knowledge is growing :bidoof:

Going to update my video at around midnight today. Going to be more detailed... in a way.

Edit 1: I cannot upload the video onto YouTube because it is too long. Maximum is 15 minutes and my video is 24. What to do... All well. I guess this video is good enough.

Edited by PopEyeJR

Edit 1: I cannot upload the video onto YouTube because it is too long. Maximum is 15 minutes and my video is 24. What to do... All well. I guess this video is good enough.

Split into two parts?

I can't see the video cause my comp doesn't have some stupid plugin :P So my questions:

1. I saw you made Rayquaza, how do you make pokemon from other gens? I figure you put where you got them as the transfer lab if you can't catch them in BW or breed them (such as Azelf), but should I put the ID and SID as those from the games I'm importing the pokes from? cause that could be problematic :P

2. In the met section under hatch conditions there is a date which is the date it hatched, okay, but the date at the top, should that be the same date as the hatch date? Or before that when you "got the egg"

3. In the PID finder it has a selection box that says 1 (A-B-C-D) and if you click it it has a bunch of others things like that, what the hell does it mean?

4. When you set a pokemon in a box/party slot and it's either highlited blue or white, whats that mean? Or does it mean anything?

I think that's it for now, hope it wasn't a total waste of time, thanks!

1. I saw you made Rayquaza, how do you make pokemon from other gens? I figure you put where you got them as the transfer lab if you can't catch them in BW or breed them (such as Azelf), but should I put the ID and SID as those from the games I'm importing the pokes from? cause that could be problematic :P

2. In the met section under hatch conditions there is a date which is the date it hatched, okay, but the date at the top, should that be the same date as the hatch date? Or before that when you "got the egg"

3. In the PID finder it has a selection box that says 1 (A-B-C-D) and if you click it it has a bunch of others things like that, what the hell does it mean?

4. When you set a pokemon in a box/party slot and it's either highlited blue or white, whats that mean? Or does it mean anything?

1.) In the "Main" tab, set "Origin" to whatever game you want it to be from originally (obviously make sure they can actually be found in that game).

The thing to remember about the "Met" tab is that it's where you met the Pokemon in Black/White,not where you met it in the game of origin. So, if it's a Pokemon from another game, set "Location" to "(Poketransfer)", it's near the top of the list, (not Poketransfer Lab, I assume that's just for if an egg hatches in the building or something). Ball Should be a regular Poke Ball if it was originally meant to be an egg but it shouldn't really matter as long as you select a ball that's available in the game of origin. The Level is the level that you met it at when it was transferred to Black/White. The ID and SID can be anything you like as long as they're valid (they must match up correctly to the PID for Shiny Pokemon).

2.) The date above should be the date you met it in Black/White (so when you Poketransferred it).

3.) If you hover over the drop-down it will tell you, it's just how the game generates PIDs, don't worry about them.

4.) Pretty sure it's just to show you that they're highlighted and to let you drag them around easier.

All encounters in Gen V are now Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin so always use that.

Don't see why you couldn't Poketransfer an egg but I've never tried it so I dunno.

Edit: Oh and I imagine for a Poketransferred egg you'd just change the Met Level to 1 since that's the level eggs hatch at now and change ball to Pokeball. Then tick "As egg" and set the hatch location to wherever it hatched in Black/White after it arrived.

Okay one last set of questions (I hope)

1. If it's a poke from a game that you can't catch it in, (since I have White and I want a whimsicott) I figured I should put the origin as Black. But can I keep my ID/SID on the Original Trainer section as my actual ID, then would that work since it would be my ID even though it came from another game? And if I left it blank would it auto fill it for me?

2.With a few of my pokes that were generated the PID for some of them were 9 numbers, and some were 10 numbers. I looked for a pattern but I found nothing, and they all seemed pretty legit and I think I had everything right.So are they supposed to have 10 numbers or 9? or neither? so confusing :P Please tell me if I did something wrong thanks

Okay one last set of questions (I hope)

1. If it's a poke from a game that you can't catch it in, (since I have White and I want a whimsicott) I figured I should put the origin as Black. But can I keep my ID/SID on the Original Trainer section as my actual ID, then would that work since it would be my ID even though it came from another game? And if I left it blank would it auto fill it for me?

2.With a few of my pokes that were generated the PID for some of them were 9 numbers, and some were 10 numbers. I looked for a pattern but I found nothing, and they all seemed pretty legit and I think I had everything right.So are they supposed to have 10 numbers or 9? or neither? so confusing :P Please tell me if I did something wrong thanks

1. So... you play Pokemon White Version and you want to get Whimsicott which can only be obtained in Pokemon Black Version. The Origin of Whimisicott will be set to Black. The TID and the SID has to be someone Else's if you want to make it look like it was traded. If you put your TID and SID then how did you get it if you have Pokemon White and not Black?... (that may be someone Else's question) & then you might say Um...

You get me? Now, if you leave your TID and SID blank while you save you wonder if it auto fills but itself? No it does not (I just tried it =p). Before I finish answering the 1st question, I would like to say that you can obtain the 1st evolve form of Whimsicott in your Pokemon White. You can read about it here.

2. Um... I really can't say. Sometimes I just ignore the PID, letting PokeGen do it for me. If it's 9 or 10, does it matter? If it passes the WiFi check then no =D

Uhh... when I make an unhatched egg, the info for it when it hatches is all weird.

Mind helping?

For example, my Volcarona's info looks like this

"Timid nature.

4/1/2011

Gear Station

Met at Lv. 0

Often Dozes off"

It should be something like

"Timid nature.

4/1/2011

Day-Care Couple

Egg Recieved.

3/26/2011

Gear Station

Egg apparently hatched"

>.>. I'm making it unhatched cause idk my secret id >.<.

Uhh... when I make an unhatched egg, the info for it when it hatches is all weird.

Mind helping?

For example, my Volcarona's info looks like this

"Timid nature.

4/1/2011

Gear Station

Met at Lv. 0

Often Dozes off"

It should be something like

"Timid nature.

4/1/2011

Day-Care Couple

Egg Recieved.

3/26/2011

Gear Station

Egg apparently hatched"

>.>. I'm making it unhatched cause idk my secret id >.<.

Do you use PokeGen or an Action Replay? If Action Replay, is it Pokemon Black or White?

Edit 1:

Hopefully this picture I made helps you out...

pokemonzs.png

Edited by PopEyeJR
Inserted a Picture

I use a pokegen and i send it to my game with pokemon selector.

It's on white.

@ the picture,

that works perfectly,

but I'm trying to make the egg unhatched so the secret ID and Trainer ID will come out as mine.

Am I being confusing?

lol.

EDIT:

Ha blah. nvm.

I think i still need my Secret ID to make the info come out right.

No, i don't know what my SID is >.<.

And nope >.<. Not that I know of.

The only way is by trading my pokemon to someone who play their game on a R4 or borrow a AR, but then idk anyone who uses R4 or has a AR.

And all the stores ran out of AR or something. lmao >.<.

No, i don't know what my SID is >.<.

And nope >.<. Not that I know of.

The only way is by trading my pokemon to someone who play their game on a R4 or borrow a AR, but then idk anyone who uses R4 or has a AR.

And all the stores ran out of AR or something. lmao >.<.

I can't help you there =/ Try this strategy.

BLEH.

I know what my mistake is... lol.

Don't laugh but this is what I did wrong..

I checked Matching trainer information.

>.>

I thought it was talking about the mine on game, not the one on the pokegen.

please note people that so they dont make stupid mistake like me lol.

thanks for trying to help btw