Pokemon Black/White & Nintendo WFC Settings.

ohmisspitiful

I have a working Internet Connection. I can connect to the Internet using my DSi XL. I can also connect via Wi-Fi using my Pokemon White game. Meaning that I can trade and battle via Wi-Fi. I can also connect to the official GTS and was even able to get the Liberty Pass Mystery Gift.

Pretty much: My Wi-Fi works.

However, whether or not my Wi-Fi works is not the problem. The problem is that I found out that Pokemon B/W's GTS had been cracked. And, naturally, I wanted to participate in the distributions. As well as send the Gen 5 .pkm files that I have to my game. And that I can't.

As soon as I tap NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS, I get this message:

“Please configure your connection settings under the Internet option in the system settings

for help, visit support.nintendo.com”

It doesn't give me the option to change anything. It just appears right after I tap NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS. Please note that my game's Wi-Fi works when I never went in to change those settings.

Naturally, I contacted Nintendo. This is what they said:

"You do not need to set up your connection through the game menus if you already have a connection set up through the Nintendo DSi system settings. It is normal that you are receiving this message, so there is nothing wrong with your connection."

So, apparently Nintendo wanted to make sure that these settings would not be tampered with and decided to make them editable.

I thought... maybe if I get rid of my DSi's Wi-Fi connection the NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS will become available. I was wrong. The same message keeps popping up.

The thing is... if Nintendo says that this is normal, then it is safe to conclude that everyone owning Pokemon White/Black will get this message upon trying to access NINTENDO WFC SETTING. But, I keep seeing threads that are distributing Gen 5 Pokemon via Pokemon B/W's GTS. Which means that people have found a way to edit their NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS. The question is: How?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Do you have NETGEAR for the internet on your DSi? If you do, have you put in the WEP in Internet under System Settings? That might help.

NETGEAR isn't the company that will automatically distribute their routers with a default WEP key. They'll give you the option to buy one with a WEP already on it, but that is vary rare.

Yayy so WPA2 works on my DSi so it should work in game too?

If your WPA2 is working when you go through and set-up everything on your DSi's home screen internet settings and run a connection test and everything tests perfectly then it should work perfectly fine in game too. To be sure though and I can't remember how to do this on the DSi and if you can or not, but go into the DS connection set-up and set-up a connection through there too. If it runs perfect without it saying anything its not being able to connect then your connection is perfect for wi-fi play on any of your original DS games.

If that doesn't work then go through this little check list that I'll do at my friends house when trying to connect on his WPA2 router:

1. Did I not screw around with my DNS settings (e.g; using the PokeGTS distributor) and forgot to switch it to tell it to auto-obtain.

2. Make sure that you remember your exact log-in to that WPA2 router. If you sometimes mistype a letter or accidentally capitalize a letter when it shouldn't during the set-up stage then that will also screw you over.

3. Last but not least. If you know you've logged into the router correctly and its still not connecting then physically go over to your router and do what we in the business like to call a "Power Cycle." Is what this does is that it'll go and reset the data to everything that has been connected to it and then start them fresh. How to do it you ask? Easy:

3.a: Unplug the power cord from the back of the router. Then unplug the ethernet cable from the router(if your using a modem too then unplug that cable from it too).

3.b: Wait for about a good 30seconds to a minute(yes I know this might seem like a long time to have to wait to be able to play Pokemon but hopefully it works).

3.c: Then plug everything back in, but in this order: router power then wait until all lights are are solid except for the modem's, next both of the eternet cables but make sure that you plug them back in exactly where you unplugged them from.

If your still having trouble connecting then don't hesitate to PM me at any time.

Emulated versions of the game can edit the settings.

Um no they can't....The only occurrence they would be able to which is rare, is if your playing some some retarded version of an Emulator that doesn't work strongly with wi-fi. By the way, Emulators only work on PC. There is no way at all that they mess with a DSi's connection settings. I don't know where you got that idea from, sorry if that was a bit harsh but it was kind of a dumb post. If you didn't know what an emulator is then you should of looked it up before you posted it to help yourself be more clear on what emulators are and how they work.

Now to the main question at hand:

As soon as I tap NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS, I get this message:

“Please configure your connection settings under the Internet option in the system settings.

for help, visit support.nintendo.com”

This just basically states that the DSi can't change the setting straight from the game. You just need to go in and change them from your DSi's home screen. Just push the power the button and it will take you straight there.

Naturally, I contacted Nintendo. This is what they said:

"You do not need to set up your connection through the game menus if you already have a connection set up through the Nintendo DSi system settings. It is normal that you are receiving this message, so there is nothing wrong with your connection."

So, apparently Nintendo wanted to make sure that these settings would not be tampered with and decided to make them editable.

I thought... maybe if I get rid of my DSi's Wi-Fi connection the NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS will become available. I was wrong. The same message keeps popping up.

The thing is... if Nintendo says that this is normal, then it is safe to conclude that everyone owning Pokemon White/Black will get this message upon trying to access NINTENDO WFC SETTING. But, I keep seeing threads that are distributing Gen 5 Pokemon via Pokemon B/W's GTS. Which means that people have found a way to edit their NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS. The question is: How?

Its not that hard to do it. I think back when you were trying to do it the GTS was down at that time. Its now back up and running. The was you do it is go to your main DSi's connection settings and then click on the one you already made. It says that IP and all that are all set to "Auto-Obtain." Now scroll down to where it says DNS, turn the "DNS Auto-Obtain' option to "No/Off". Now afte you do that insert the DNS that they give you here. After you do that the change the one under it still under the DNS section. It should say something like "SubNet Gateway" or something like that. Make sure that they both match up. Then save the the settings or run a connection test. It should pass without any problems at all. If it does have a problem then make sure that the numbers are exactly the same as on the website. You can even edit a Pokemon to your liking and then press submit and go into the GTS, but make sure that your party is full and make sure that you leave the first spot in your box open. Then go in to the GTS and through the whole process of entering it. When you get in there you'll automatically stay walk up to the Trade Machine. It will start the whole process of connecting to the GTS server. It make be an instant find or it make to a while depending on how strong your signal is. Then as soon as you get connected your Pokemon should arrive. Then be sent straight to the first slot in your first box! Enjoy! Oh, the one thing I forgot to mention is that you must keep the pokeGTS page that you use to edit your pokemon on or it will disconnect automatically. I hope this helps and have fun catching all 150 pokemon in a matter of minutes-hour! :) I hope this helps you and anyone else who has trouble with the GTS. If you need help or have anymore questions make sure to leave me a question on here or in my PM box!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

When I go to Internet Settings - Nintendo DS Connections - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings, then try to find an Access Point, it deny's it and comes up with this; "The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS. For help, visit support.nintendo.com." I've been to the website but it doesn't say anything about this.

And when I try to get friend codes, it says it's wrong. Also I can't access MY friends code it just says to go to WFC.

So does anyone know what's going on? Please help.