Poké Transfer

KazoWAR

Updated to 1.0b to fix a bug that caused Pokémon of the Erratic experience group to cause the program to go into an infinite loop if they had more experience than they can earn.

Here is a program I made that allows users to easily transfer Pokemon generated in a 4th generation game to be ready for use in a 5th generation game with out the need of 2 Nintendo DSs.

Just use your favorite 4th Generation .sav editor (PokeGen or Pokesav), and save the Pokemon you want to use in a 5th generation game to the .pkm file format. Then just drag and drop all the 4th generation .pkm files on to the Poké Transfer program and in an instance you will have .pkm files with a suffix _Transfered meaning they are ready to be imported into a 5th generation game.

Poké Transfer..rar

Poké Transfer..rar

Edited by KazoWAR
Update 1.0b

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Job Kazo, thanks for your Hard Work ^^

I've waited for two weeks for this LOL xD

EDIT: Wait, i thought that Gen V pokemon is supposed to be 236bytes right ?? Is it correct ??

or am i just daydreaming ??

Anyway, here's my comments :

I think there's still some Bugs here Kazo, i tried to transfer 6 of my Pokes here, but 2 Pokemon (Wobuffet and Manaphy) remain unchanged, still in their Gen IV style (caught date, location, etc.)

Both of them are Hatched Pokes, when the other 4 is caught or Mystery Gift Event pokemon

EDIT: Nevermind, don't mind the comments above. it is just the Pokkegen which unable to read it correctly, when it is in the game it works like charm lol

Another Quick Questions : Does the Egg Received Date from the Gen 4 Games changed when it is transferred to Gen V ???

Because even it said Transferred today's date, the egg received date still remains the same in Pokegen :)

Edited by winzev

it's not even 236 bytes anymore, it's 220 bytes now

Could you provide a list of the changes that this program makes to the pkm file? That way, those of us that know the differences between Gen 4 and 5 pkm files can rest easy knowing that this program is doing it right.

Don't worry, I compared multiple pokemon that were transfered using the actually program and the ones using Kazo's program. There is no difference between the two and i tested many pokemon, pokemon hatched in 4th gen, fateful encounter, regular, shiny, from 3rd gen, 3rd gen shiny, and even 3rd gen event pokemon like the 10 aniv. However, when I looked at the hex vlaues using Hxd, I noticed that some of the values were different from the one's that were official transfered. The different hex values are 00x06 ,00x07 which were the checksums, 70x0E, and 70x0F which were the egg met location

Edited by aquaguy34

Could you provide a list of the changes that this program makes to the pkm file? That way, those of us that know the differences between Gen 4 and 5 pkm files can rest easy knowing that this program is doing it right.

most infromation came from http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?11474-Hex-Values-and-Trashbytes-in-B-W&p=93598&viewfull=1#post93598

Some extra I did when I ask someone to transfer some Pokemon for me, those tests showed that the date met is set to the current date, and the level met is set to the level the Pokemon was transferred at.

it's not even 236 bytes anymore, it's 220 bytes now

Don't worry, I compared multiple pokemon that were transfered using the actually program and the ones using Kazo's program. There is no difference between the two and i tested many pokemon, pokemon hatched in 4th gen, fateful encounter, regular, shiny, from 3rd gen, 3rd gen shiny, and even 3rd gen event pokemon like the 10 aniv. However, when I looked at the hex vlaues using Hxd, I noticed that some of the values were different from the one's that were official transfered. The different hex values are 00x06 ,00x07, 70x0E, and 70x0F which were the checksums and egg met location

Interesting, I had Tsujin transfer a Magicarp I bred on HG and when I got it back from him as a 5th generation pkm its egg met date was unaltered, but the met date was set to the current date.

Can you upload the original 4th gen, official transfer and the fake transfer version of the pkm that has the egg met date changing?

As I understand it, this is a very great tool.

So I can drag a 4th gen .pkm file onto this and it will convert it so that it is a 5th gen .pkm file that looks like it's been obtained by poke transfer? (when I send it via gts)

Anyways, thanks alot.

Acutely, never mine. I just realized what is wrong. You used PokeGen when you ripped the legit transfer of the Pichu right? PokeGen has a known bug setting the egg met location of Poke transfer Pokemon to 0, try ripping it with Pokesav. you will find the value to be 2000 instead of 0.

Acutely, never mine. I just realized what is wrong. You used PokeGen when you ripped the legit transfer of the Pichu right? PokeGen has a known bug setting the egg met location of Poke transfer Pokemon to 0, try ripping it with Pokesav. you will find the value to be 2000 instead of 0.

how about the check sum ?? is it really buggy for the checksum ??

i can't compare any pokemon (the official transfer and program transfer) since i don't have any access to official transfer :)

btw is the checksum bugs only messes with the hatched pokes ?? or also the events and caught checksum ??

Ohh, another thing

About the Egg Met Bugs in Pokegen, i only need to retransfer the Egg Hatched Pokemon only right ??

Then there's no problem with Events and Caught Pokemon right ??

how about the check sum ?? is it really buggy for the checksum ??

i can't compare any pokemon (the official transfer and program transfer) since i don't have any access to official transfer :)

btw is the checksum bugs only messes with the hatched pokes ?? or also the events and caught checksum ??

Ohh, another thing

About the Egg Met Bugs in Pokegen, i only need to retransfer the Egg Hatched Pokemon only right ??

Then there's no problem with Events and Caught Pokemon right ??

For those reading, this has been fixed in the latest version.

It's been fixed in PokeGen.

Btw all, just curious, how about Ribbons ?? Is it supposed to be wiped out when a Pokemon is transfered to the 5th Generations ?? Because i see that we could actually put a Ribbon and a new box will appeared next to the Pokemon's move.

Just now i got a Bugs. a Really Buggy thing, maybe its because the effects of 100% Captures Action Replay Codes, all Pokemon in my PC got Hoenn's Contest Ribbons, Sinnoh Champ and Daily Ribbons, and Gorgeous Royal Ribbons.

But something is just sounds stupid. When i save and load it in Pokegen, the Ribbons is stil there, but after i restart my Game, all the Ribbons just disapeared like ghosts

No the ribbons don't get wiped. I transferred my pokemon with 2 DS's and all my pokemon still have their ribbons. However they are only Effort Ribbons I believe. I'll double check them to see if there is any other ribbons they have. I'll also transfer a pokemon I have that has like every contest ribbon and such.

My program does not seem to be deleting ribbons or adding extras when it transfers Pokemon.

oowhh, really ??

cause non of my pokemon keep their ribbons with me right now, i'll try to double check it later Kazo :)

EDIT : problem found.

It's all Pokegen's fault that the Ribbons is beeing Wiped Out.

It appears right if we just load the .pkm to the game, but the next time we load the save data with Pokegen, all the Ribbons is wiped out >.<

I wonder if it is natural for generations 5 pokemon doesn't have ribbons or what ??

Edited by winzev

This kind of program had been done before, right after the release of the JP version. Could you tell me the differences between the two?

Yes it was called pokeshifter and it was more like a beta to this one renamed to Poke Transfer, it ties up all the lose ends from the beta version.

For whatever reason I drag the PKM file to the exe (a command box) and... nothing happens. I check in the same directory where the .exe and .pkm files are at and there's nothing new in there. Anything I should do not mentioned in the readme.txt?

For whatever reason I drag the PKM file to the exe (a command box) and... nothing happens. I check in the same directory where the .exe and .pkm files are at and there's nothing new in there. Anything I should do not mentioned in the readme.txt?

drop it on to the exe file in the folder, do not open it and drop it in to the command line window.

drop it on to the exe file in the folder, do not open it and drop it in to the command line window.

Well that was simple, but now I seem to be having another problem. The program crashes every time I do that, giving me the following error:

poketransfererror.jpg