New Hacker Seeking Advice For B/W Version Hack

Hey everyone, I'm new to hacking, and by new, I mean I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm doing. All I know is that I have an idea for a hack, and it's REALLY awesome. However, I have run into several setbacks so far, primarily, I have absolutely no clue what anything is. I already have an emulator and a White version ROM, but I don't know how to edit it.

So, what tools should I use for this? I need a tools for changing trainer sprites, overworld sprites, dialogue, evolution methods, adding Pokemon, editing the mart, and anything you can think of that I missed.

So, if any of you could give me some advice on tools and how to use them, I'd really appreciate it, and I plan to keep you all updated on hack progress once I begin!

You can't edit B/W games' trainer sprites, overworld sprites nor add Pokémon or edit the mart.. It's even hard to change the wild Pokémon, as you'll have to do so with a hex editor.

You might want to start easier with a Diamond / Pearl hack, which has more tools available, or maybe even a GBA hack - even more available tools.

Some people are still working on new tools for B/W, so you need some patience. But new Pokémon... you'll never be able to add them, I'm afraid, especially not if you're just a beginner (no offence).

You can't edit B/W games' trainer sprites, overworld sprites nor add Pokémon or edit the mart.. It's even hard to change the wild Pokémon, as you'll have to do so with a hex editor.

You might want to start easier with a Diamond / Pearl hack, which has more tools available, or maybe even a GBA hack - even more available tools.

Some people are still working on new tools for B/W, so you need some patience. But new Pokémon... you'll never be able to add them, I'm afraid, especially not if you're just a beginner (no offence).

No offense taken, I had a feeling this game would be hard to edit, and thanks letting me know that. Hopefully by the time I'm done learning how to hack, B/W tools will be available. =3

So, it's not possible to change overworlds yet? How about Mugshots with the VS screens, like the start of a gym leader battle. Will that be possible? (By means, i mean any kind of sprite hack/change. I succesfully edited some text, but sprites?)

So, it's not possible to change overworlds yet? How about Mugshots with the VS screens, like the start of a gym leader battle. Will that be possible? (By means, i mean any kind of sprite hack/change. I succesfully edited some text, but sprites?)

Actually, someone managed to hack the Trainer Sprites, the Overworld Sprites and the Mugshot Sprite, as seen here. He doesn't give away how to edit it, though.

Nobody else on the Pokémon hacking community managed to do this, which means it's quite hard to do (especially if you're a beginner).

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, someone managed to hack the Trainer Sprites, the Overworld Sprites and the Mugshot Sprite, as seen here. He doesn't give away how to edit it, though.

Nobody else on the Pokémon hacking community managed to do this, which means it's quite hard to do (especially if you're a beginner).

Actually as far as I know any kind of overworld sprites editing is not yet possible as for that video, they themselves tell you the tools used in the video's description. (Kazo's BW Trainer Editor)

That's why all that was changed was the Trainer type (From E4 to PKMN Trainer)

Actually as far as I know any kind of overworld sprites editing is not yet possible as for that video, they themselves tell you the tools used in the video's description. (Kazo's BW Trainer Editor)

That's why all that was changed was the Trainer type (From E4 to PKMN Trainer)

No, the used Girl sprite in that video doesn't exist in Pokémon Black and White. Take a look at the BW Heroine, it's quite different.

Then again how come the Girl's title is Elite Four Blue? And her Mugshot is changed as well, which doesn't appear in BW normally.

You can edit anything in the ROM as long as you know where it is located and the format it is in. I could make a ton of tools for B/W if I just knew where all the narc files where for various things. That a/#/#/# stuff just blows.

Hey everyone, I'm new to hacking, and by new, I mean I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm doing. All I know is that I have an idea for a hack, and it's REALLY awesome. However, I have run into several setbacks so far, primarily, I have absolutely no clue what anything is. I already have an emulator and a White version ROM, but I don't know how to edit it.

So, what tools should I use for this? I need a tools for changing trainer sprites, overworld sprites, dialogue, evolution methods, adding Pokemon, editing the mart, and anything you can think of that I missed.

So, if any of you could give me some advice on tools and how to use them, I'd really appreciate it, and I plan to keep you all updated on hack progress once I begin!

It would help to share your ideas here so we can get a clear idea of what you want to do with Black and White.

Kazo, now that we know where overworld sprites, in-battle sprites, and pre-battle mugshots are all located, is that enough info for you to work your wizarding ways?

Maybe i need to know the format as well, so i can not promises anything, but i am willing to take a look. Can you tell me where the files are at, and maybe all other files that has been found?

Maybe i need to know the format as well, so i can not promises anything, but i am willing to take a look. Can you tell me where the files are at, and maybe all other files that has been found?

Kazowar, can see at http://llref.emutalk.net/docs/, maybe help you :)

........... I delete because i was update my list......

nb: some narc are same, i don't know. some have junk sprite or byte, like logo of diamond and pearl at beginning narc. Maybe in my list have wrong data, sorry for that :D

sorry just this list as i can found sprite, texture, BTX files, many 3D object, some used unkown format or be encrypt? some file can viewed in console tools, can exported but not all can imported to narc file.

now i just need swarming pokemon location, legend location, stat/move/type, can someone PM to me for that :D...... i need it for compare only, i have but i don't know that file for ... because i found a weird file (i can't scripting DX) o.oa

sorry for blank or mark with "??", i can see / edit that sprite but i don't know sprite is for what, used in...... is just unkown for me

Edited by Andibad

Has anyone located the abilities/ level up and egg moves files? i want to modify that to make a B/W hack with a balanced metagame placing new egg/level up moves and abilities for each mon such as Volt switch and roleplay on a slaking and so on...and btw kazo could you include abilities in your B/W trainer editor? i mean if that´s possible? Im just starting to learn hacking aswell :)

Wyndamn, it's possible to edit abilities right now. I use CrystalTile2 to do the editing, and instructions are floating around this board somewhere. Hex editing is a bit more complicated, but the result is the same.

Wyndamn, it's possible to edit abilities right now. I use CrystalTile2 to do the editing, and instructions are floating around this board somewhere. Hex editing is a bit more complicated, but the result is the same.

Thanks for the info :) ive been reading about hex editing in the last two hours so now i know how to work around it for the parts i want at least for starters, and actually i was just looking for that program xD, thanks again !

Thanks for the info :) ive been reading about hex editing in the last two hours so now i know how to work around it for the parts i want at least for starters, and actually i was just looking for that program xD, thanks again !

A any HEX editor wkwkkwkw

A any HEX editor wkwkkwkw
hahaha yeah im aware of that, i already got like 3 hex editors but i was looking for that one cuz people talk much about it and i didnt have it, to see if it has other tools that the ones i own doesn´t have, but thanks anyway...but what i´d really appreciate is if you have a narc file update (like the one you posted earlier) that would help a lot :D

I'm sadly not the guy to go to for a narc file update, but I do have a bit more info for ya on ability editing. CrystalTile2 is great because it not only has the raw list of narc values, but also a sort of directory that pops up along side them. To my knowledge, many hex editors lack this. This "File Information" directory comes with a list of numbers, and each one corresponds to a pokemon's nationaldex entry. Double-click on a number and it takes you directly to the part of the hex jumble that contains the info on the pokemon. The first six values dictate the pokemon's stats, the next two control its primary and secondary typing, and near the end you'll find three that dictate the pokemon's first, second, and DW ability. Find them by looking up the pokemon's 3 abilities on Serebii or wherever, then searching for the matching hex value of said abilities. The hex values are:

00 — None

01 — Stench

02 — Drizzle

03 — Speed Boost

04 — Battle Armor

05 — Sturdy

06 — Damp

07 — Limber

08 — Sand Veil

09 — Static

0A — Volt Absorb

0B — Water Absorb

0C — Oblivous

0D — Cloud Nine

0E — CompoundEyes

0F — Insomnia

10 — Color Change

11 — Immunity

12 — Flash Fire

13 — Shield Dust

14 — Own Tempo

15 — Suction Cups

16 — Intimidate

17 — Shadow Tag

18 — Rough Skin

19 — Wonder Guard

1A — Levitate

1B — Effect Spore

1C — Synchronize

1D — Clear Body

1E — Natural Cure

1F — Lightningrod

20 — Serene Grace

21 — Swift Swim

22 — Chlorophyll

23 — Illuminate

24 — Trace

25 — Huge Power

26 — Poison Point

27 — Inner Focus

28 — Magma Armor

29 — Water Veil

2A — Magnet Pull

2B — Sound Proof

2C — Rain Dish

2D — Sand Stream

2E — Pressure

2F — Thick Fat

30 — Early Bird

31 — Flame Body

32 — Run Away

33 — Keen Eye

34 – Hyper Cutter

35 — Pickup

36 — Truant

37 — Hustle

38 — Cute Charm

39 — Plus

3A — Minus

3B — Forecasst

3C — Sticky Hold

3D — Shed Skin

3E — Guys

3F — Marvel Scale

40 — Liquid Ooze

41 — Overgrow

42 — Blaze

43 — Torrent

44 — Swarm

45 — Rock Head

46 — Drought

47 — Arena Trap

48 — Vital Spirit

49 — White Smoke

4A — Pure Power

4B — Shell Armor

4C — Air Lock

4D — Tangled Feet

4E — Motor Drive

4F — Rivalry

50 — Steadfast

51 — Snow Cloak

52 — Gluttony

53 — Anger Point

54 — Unburden

55 – Heatproof

56 — Simple

57 — Dry Skin

58 — Download

59 — Iron Fist

5A — Poison Heal

5B — Adaptability

5C — Skill Link

5D — Hydration

5E — Solar Power

5F — Quick Feet

60 — Normalize

61 — Sniper

62 — Magic Guard

63 — No Guard

64 — Stall

65 — Technician

66 — Leaf Guard

67 – Klutz

68 — Mold Breaker

69 — Super Luck

6A – Aftermath

6B — Anticipation

6C — Forewarn

6D — Unaware

6E — Tinted Lens

6F — Filter

70 — Slow Start

71 — Scrappy

72 — Storm Drain

73 — Ice Body

74 — Solid Rock

75 — Snow Warning

76 — Honey Gather

77 — Frisk

78 — Reckless

79 — Multitype

7A — Flower Gift

7B — Bad Dreams

7C — Pickpocket

7D — Sheer Force

7E — Contrary

7F — Unnerve?

80 — Defiant

81 — Defeatist

82 — Cursed Body

83 — Healer

84 — Friend Guard

85 — Weak Armor

86 — Heavy Metal

87 — Light Metal

88 — Multiscale

89 — Toxic Boost

8A — Flame Boost

8B — Harvest

8C — Telepathy?

8D — Moody

8E — Overcoat

8F — Poison Touch

90 — Regenerator

91 — Big Pecks

92 — Sand Rush

93 — Wonder Skin

94 — Analytic

95 — Illusion

96 — Imposter

97 — Infiltrator

98 — Mummy

99 — Moxie

9A — Justified

9B — Rattled

9C — Magic Bounce

9D — Sap Sipper

9E — Prankster

9F — Sand Force

A0 — Iron Barbs

A1 — Zen Mode

A2 — Victory Star

A3 — Turboblaze

A4 — Teravolt

Hope this helps and good luck!

Edit: Just in case you didn't know, the narc for this is a/0/1/6.

I'm sadly not the guy to go to for a narc file update, but I do have a bit more info for ya on ability editing. CrystalTile2 is great because it not only has the raw list of narc values, but also a sort of directory that pops up along side them. To my knowledge, many hex editors lack this. This "File Information" directory comes with a list of numbers, and each one corresponds to a pokemon's nationaldex entry. Double-click on a number and it takes you directly to the part of the hex jumble that contains the info on the pokemon. The first six values dictate the pokemon's stats, the next two control its primary and secondary typing, and near the end you'll find three that dictate the pokemon's first, second, and DW ability. Find them by looking up the pokemon's 3 abilities on Serebii or wherever, then searching for the matching hex value of said abilities.

AWESOME !! i had already located that narc file thanks a lot pal !! :D :D :D !

I also found more info about hex editing on this thread; http://gbatemp.net/t286850-pokemon-blaze-black-pokemon-volt-white and i have compiled all that info into a txt to have a quick source to look when editing narc files(including the info you just gave me), but i guess i still need a bit more info but for now ill start with what i have and later i will move on on the others. Meanwhile i guess this will be helpful to more people

pokemon narc files editing.txt

;)

pokemon narc files editing.txt

Edited by wyndamn

@abacus: is list i needed for my . . . . *maybe dead project*

anyway thank you

but in PPTXT viewing 0/0/2, have same list, *puf* yeah i starting create software as i can

i used notepad++ and ultraedit for editing HEX editor. Crystaltile just asm, search.

Glad to help, Andibad. You too, Wyndam :)

And Andi, thanks for that list of narc locations. I'll have some fun exploring them tonight.

but i no promise my software are done or i share for public.

some control are working, can change stat, abilities, but sometimes program wrong edit, i was FIX and added new editing (for now not done)..........

like this

snag0017.jpg

some control or private data i blur or delete from picture.....

is no fake, is real :/

But now i no continued this software, so maybe is become dead project.......

anyway Happy hacking, but i must study from now for my final test, next week :) so i no online tomorrow ....

That is great Andibad !!! :D !keep it up ! (of course after your finals) and once you are done with it pm me i want to test it since it looks this is going to be a very promising tool !! of course if you ever finish it and make it public :)